Original news, posted on 09.10.2009

German metallers Grave Digger have issued the following update regarding the disbandment of guitarist Manni Schmidt from their ranks:

"We have to make an announcement that most of you probably never expected. A band like Grave Digger has to develop constantly. The problem is that this is only possible if the musicians have the same goal and the same attitude. And they have to feel good with what they are doing. If you have some permanent stress in the band, there is no more productive work possible and in the long run the music suffers from this situation. Unfortunately, there were so many disagreements recently building up between Manni and Chris that this would affect the productivity and creativity in a bad way. Because of all this, Manni decided to leave Grave Digger. This happened by mutual consent. We wish Manni all the best for the future and say thank you for many nice and eventful years.

But we also have some good news: There is no effect on the concerts that are already booked. The last word about the replacement guitar player is not spoken yet. We first want to wait for the results of the rehearsals. After this, we will introduce you to the replacement guitarist. We already spoke to a possible candidate and we will start the rehearsals in the next days."

UPDATE (thanks to Bad English)

Grave Digger states: "This week, we had the first rehearsal with our replacement guitarist Axel Ritt (Domain). Everything went well and we have a positive feeling about the upcoming concerts, Axel was learning our live program in only 3 weeks. He is a good old friend of Stefan and Chris and for now he will be the replacement guitar player until the end of the year. We will make a final decision at the beginning of January. But now we are excited about the upcoming gigs."

Source: grave-digger-clan.com
Band profile: Grave Digger

Posted: 24.10.2009 by SlaytallicA

Comments

Number Juan - 09.10.2009 at 08:49
Wow. When I saw them live 2 years ago, there seemed to be no problems between Manni and Chris. Hope Grave Digger keeps pumping out good music still.
Bad English - 09.10.2009 at 10:49
Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up
Deimosian - 09.10.2009 at 11:06
Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 10:49

Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up

I think its too bad Running Wild split up too, i really like the last two albums.

But for Grave Digger i hate the last few albums so i'm happy to see a line up change. I hope they will sound more like their 90's stuff.
Bad English - 09.10.2009 at 11:46
Written by Deimosian on 09.10.2009 at 11:06

Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 10:49

Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up

I like 80's 90's but I didnt like Last supper type , but new is good to
WorpeX - 09.10.2009 at 15:44
Written by Deimosian on 09.10.2009 at 11:06

Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 10:49

Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up

Not to go off topic or anything, but why did Running Wild break up? I don't remember seeing a news post about that...
Warman - 09.10.2009 at 17:06
Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 10:49

Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up

I hope it does.
Marcel Hubregtse - 09.10.2009 at 19:07
Written by Warman on 09.10.2009 at 17:06

Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 10:49

Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up

I hope it does.

Me too
I was totally over the moon about Running Wild quitting and now this year can become even better if Grave Digger decides to split up. Good riddance to those two. Hopefully Edguy also calls it a day soon.
Warman - 09.10.2009 at 23:44
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 19:07

Me too

Haha Running Wild and Edguy are bands I don't care about at all. Grave Digger on the other hand, being one of the most ridiculous bands ever.
Black Conundrum - 10.10.2009 at 00:11
Hmph, another guitarist leaves Grave Digger. That is the second time this year where a guitarist leaves Grave Digger. Oy vey.
Deimosian - 10.10.2009 at 05:24
Written by WorpeX on 09.10.2009 at 15:44

Written by Deimosian on 09.10.2009 at 11:06

Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 10:49

Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up

I didn't hear about that until recently. I had to fish through all the news posts on the Running Wild site to find out what happend. http://www.running-wild.de/index.php?site=7&searchstring=&newscat=#01jumpnews and then scroll down to the April 17th post.
Lord_Regnier - 10.10.2009 at 16:37
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 19:07

Written by Warman on 09.10.2009 at 17:06

Written by Bad English on 09.10.2009 at 10:49

Nooooooooo I hope it wont means same what RunningWild case split up

I hope it does.

Me too

I do not wish to start a debate but, imo, there are lots of outdated old bands on the metal scene who sould call a quit. This way, maybe we would see more new and interesting bands.

There's nothing to expect from a band like Grave Digger, except the same kind of basic heavy metal, technically unimpressive, we already heard a million times since the 80s.

Each time one of those outdated old bands calls a quit, I say "good riddance". All they do is linger on the scene for money, while they have nothing interesting or even worthy to offer since decades. Their creativity is long gone.
albatros - 11.10.2009 at 11:11
Written by Lord_Regnier on 10.10.2009 at 16:37

Yes. But when they were young and creative, most bands didn't get any money. Because most listeners follow the big names. So I think, every band has the right to grow fat and uncreative and earn some money. (= sign to Nuclear Blast ). To compensate for their earlier sacrifices.

I've visited a handful of Grave Digger shows with Manni Schmidt and enjoyed them all. That didn't keep me from going out and see many unsigned or unknown bands.
YoreLore - 12.10.2009 at 15:52
Written by Warman on 09.10.2009 at 23:44

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 09.10.2009 at 19:07

Me too

Hopefully Dream Theater, Metallica, Nightwish, Cradle Of Filth, Slayer, Norther, Children Of Bodom, Devil Doll, Deathstars and Opeth split instead

News Evile - Guitarist Ol Drake Leaves The Band 7 30.08.2013 by Cynic Metalhead
News Akercocke - Guitarist Leaves The Band 7 01.03.2010 by Vermin
News Trail Of Tears - Guitarist Leaves The Band 7 31.07.2010 by corrupt
News Blackguard - Guitarist Kim Gosselin Leaves The Band, Replacement Announced 7 17.06.2012 by AngelofDeth
News Kampfar - Guitarist Leaves The Band 7 08.12.2010 by kayla