Between The Buried And Me have confirmed they will do a N. American tour with Cynic, Devin Townsend (as part of The Devin Townsend Project) and Scale The Summit. Between The Buried And Me are headlining the tour, set to take place in January and February 2010, in support of their new album The Great Misdirect.

Dates announced so far include:

1/08 Nashville, TN @ Rocketown
1/09 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
1/10 New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
1/11 Houston, TX @ Meridian
1/12 Dallas, TX @ The Prophet Bar (Big room)
1/13 San Antonio, TX @ The White Rabbit

Source: blogs.myspace.com
Band profile: Between The Buried And Me
Event: BTBAM + Cynic + Devin Townsend

Posted: 28.10.2009 by Thryce

Comments

MeloDeathViking - 28.10.2009 at 14:42
I have to see them this time around since I missed them earlier this month with In Flames. This tour sounds like it's going to be epic!
Darkside Momo - 28.10.2009 at 14:54
Great line-up!
But why the heck are BTBAM headlining? Devin Townsend should do it...
Dane Train - 28.10.2009 at 17:18
I am going to try and go to the first two shows.
Introspekrieg - 28.10.2009 at 21:12
No way am I going to miss this concert...
Fat & Sassy! - 28.10.2009 at 22:43
Written by Darkside Momo on 28.10.2009 at 14:54

Great line-up!
But why the heck are BTBAM headlining? Devin Townsend should do it...

I know. :/ Whhyyyyyy is he taking a backseat? D':

Written by Introspekrieg on 28.10.2009 at 21:12

No way am I going to miss this concert...

Are you going to the Philly show? We may see each other. :O!
Who'sRichard? - 28.10.2009 at 22:48
Oh man this looks great. Can't wait till the Baltimore show.
Icedburden - 29.10.2009 at 01:33
I'll definitely be going to the Baltimore show (mostly for Devin though, hopefully Mrs. Giersbergen will be with him as well). Cynic is awesome too.
Black Conundrum - 29.10.2009 at 03:40
Yeah, I would love to see one of these shows if at least one of them was in Indiana, which is not the case. Shoot. Maybe I can catch a concert, maybe not. They're all great, talented musicians.
Daggon - 29.10.2009 at 06:17
Oh man, I'd like to see Devin Townsend live, It would be great so see them playing material from his solo project, you are so lucky
duro - 29.10.2009 at 07:26
This line-up is awesome!
please come to south americaaaa!! any of you!!! specially devin!!!!
-DC-002- - 29.10.2009 at 09:09
Wow....
BlueMobius - 29.10.2009 at 22:53
Written by Fat & Sassy! on 28.10.2009 at 22:43

Written by Darkside Momo on 28.10.2009 at 14:54

Great line-up!
But why the heck are BTBAM headlining? Devin Townsend should do it...

I know. :/ Whhyyyyyy is he taking a backseat? D':

Written by Introspekrieg on 28.10.2009 at 21:12

No way am I going to miss this concert...

Are you going to the Philly show? We may see each other. :O!

Well, I can think of a few reasons why Between the Buried and Me are headlining:
1) They have a new album out this week, so this tour will be to support that.
2) They are very popular in North America
3) Yes, Devin Townsend and Cynic are metal legends... but Cynic's 2nd album came out in 2008, so they have done most of their headlining for Focus, and even though Devin has been around awhile and is well known for SYL and solo material, The Devin Townsend Project is a new chapter of his music career and should be seen that way.

I think this tour will give him good exposure to people who haven't heard his music before. All the bands on the tour are very talented, original, and progressive, so it should be a really great tour.
-Morbid- - 31.10.2009 at 14:53
I'm EXTREMELY disappointed that they aren't playing in this state.

I'd love to see Cynic again, and I've missed BtBaM every time they have came through here.

Might be cool to see Devin Townsend, but I haven't really listened to much of his solo stuff, and SYL is real "hit or miss" for me.

Scale the Summit would also be cool, I've just started listening to them, good instrumental metal.
MeloDeathViking - 02.11.2009 at 18:22
Maybe I can get tickets as a birthday present!!! Hahaha, finally, a way to go! Trocadero here I come!
Shipwrecked - 17.11.2009 at 20:49
Again, another great tour that skips milwaukee. It used to be different.
nana.MD - 17.11.2009 at 21:26
BTBaM & Cynic???
Uhm definitely bad choice...
MeloDeathViking - 27.01.2010 at 22:15
Woo this is my Valentine's Day present from my girlfriend!!!! I'm fuckin so excited!
Introspekrieg - 27.01.2010 at 22:56
Written by MeloDeathViking on 27.01.2010 at 22:15

Haha I'll be there with my girlfriend, Valentine's Day comes early at the Trocadero
MeloDeathViking - 28.01.2010 at 02:30
Written by Introspekrieg on 27.01.2010 at 22:56

Written by MeloDeathViking on 27.01.2010 at 22:15

It's funny, cause she HATES almost all of the music I listen to in terms of metal, but she knows how much I wanted to go and non of my friends were free. She told me BtBAM "scares" her haha. Thank god she loves me or I'd be goin alone haha.
Introspekrieg - 28.01.2010 at 06:21
Written by MeloDeathViking on 28.01.2010 at 02:30

Written by Introspekrieg on 27.01.2010 at 22:56

Written by MeloDeathViking on 27.01.2010 at 22:15

If we run into each other there maybe your gf can see other females that like metal and hopefully open up a little to it.
MeloDeathViking - 28.01.2010 at 16:12
Written by Introspekrieg on 28.01.2010 at 06:21

Written by MeloDeathViking on 28.01.2010 at 02:30

Written by Introspekrieg on 27.01.2010 at 22:56

Written by MeloDeathViking on 27.01.2010 at 22:15

Yeah, ya never know. I'm hoping Devin Townsend and Cynic will give here a better feel for some other stuff, since they're a little more accessible than BtBAM. Any MSers there should tell her how great metal is, and suggest some (accessible) bands! She'll be the one in the back reading a book lol.

News Between The Buried And Me - N. American Tour With Animals As Leaders, Tesseract 13 03.08.2011 by BloodTears
News Between The Buried And Me - Announce N. American Tour With Coheed And Cambria And Russian Circles 13 06.11.2012 by Opethian
News Between The Buried And Me - Confirm North American Tour 11.5 15.06.2013 by BloodTears
News Between The Buried And Me - Announce N. American Headlining Tour 11.5 09.12.2013 by Boxcar Willy
News Between The Buried And Me - European Tour Dates Announced 10 03.04.2013 by BloodTears