Original news, posted on 12.11.2009

Official press release

On January 25th, 2010 the time of wait is finally over! Israel's Orphaned Land will finally release their highly anticipated fourth studio opus The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR in Europe (January 27th in Japan and February 9th in the US). Mixed by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree, Opeth), who is also responsible for several keyboard parts on the new album, The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR turns out to be a sophisticated concept album taking Orphaned Land's unique brand of exotic, heavy music to soaring new heights in terms of complexity and catchiness. It is an audible manifest that the time has come for Middle Eastern metal to take over!

Vocalist Kobi Farhi comments on the album's concept and the striking new promo photo as follows: "As people that were born into the tragedy of our region, we have always been devoted to creating harmony between conflicts, a musical heaven on earth, a tango between God & Satan. Even in the album's artwork we combined Hebrew and Arabic, regardless of the fight between Jews and Muslims. I found a Jordanian guy, specialized in calligraphic artwork. He took letters from Hebrew and Arabic and moulded them in his art to create a symbol of peace. Same goes for our band photo, where we portrayed a synergy between the three monotheistic religions, that believe in the same God and yet, ridiculously have been killing each other for centuries "in the name of God" and turned the holy land into an orphaned land. Naturally we continued this idea of union on a musical level as well and the result is as always crazy, it's a miracle - in our concerts: our Jewish fans sing in Arabic and our Muslim fans sing in Hebrew, brave friendships have spawned and our Middle Eastern metal music destroys all this political witchcraft we have been trapped in for so long. This is a musical journey of hope in lands of war, creating heaven on earth, building a new Jerusalem."

Israel's Orphaned Land is probably the only band from this country that has managed to succeed at building up a huge following among Muslims and Arabian people. These fans communicate freely via the band's social networking pages, some of them even proudly bearing Orphaned Land tattoos, even though that puts them at huge risk in their home countries! The African musician Fela Kuti once said: "music is the weapon of the future" - Orphaned Land is the living proof of that!

UPDATE (thanks to BudDa)

Just days after Orphaned Land revealed the release date for their upcoming album The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR, they have also released the tracklisting for the upcoming opus. See below the album official tracklisting:

Part I: Godfrey's Cordial - An ORphan's Life

10. New Jerusalem
11. Vayehi Or
12. M I ?

Part III: Barakah - Enlightening The Cimmerian

13. Barakah
14. Codeword: uprising
15. In Thy Never Ending Way (Epilogue)

An audio teaser for The Never Ending Way Of ORwarriOR is available for streaming on the band's official website.

Source: www2.centurymedia.com
Band profile: Orphaned Land

Posted: 20.11.2009 by White Winter Sun

Comments

Ulv - 13.11.2009 at 00:43
Ok... really looking forward to hear their new album
thanks for the news
Darkside Momo - 13.11.2009 at 00:50
Finally!
But the album's name still sucks...
Black Conundrum - 13.11.2009 at 01:01
Wow, that was a phenomenal speech about unions and stuff. I can't wait for this album to be released! I've been following it for a very long time. This makes me even more eager for the album.
Ragana - 13.11.2009 at 01:04
Can't wait, can't wait!
And yeah, I completely agree with Darkside Momo, the album name is not chosen from the best ones.
Vitriolic Hate - 13.11.2009 at 02:41
Oh nice,let's see
Magatouve - 13.11.2009 at 02:59
What they say about Arab metal fans putting themselves at risk because of Orphaned Land is true. In some Arab countries, like Syria, you may put yourself at risk (this depends on the mood of the secret police) if you wear any metal T-shirt, let alone a metal T-shirt for an Israeli band. I was totally astonished when I saw some guy wearing an Orphaned Land T-shirt in a gig in Damascus maybe 5 years ago. I was told this guy made it to the secret police 5-star suites several times!
Daggon - 13.11.2009 at 03:08
Finally, the last album was great, I know they will make it again.
Zuzuz0r - 13.11.2009 at 03:23
I'm looking forward to it, OL is one of my favorite bands, and I hope that the album will be worth the wait.
Hamird - 13.11.2009 at 03:30
Actually I'm dying from waiting to hear this one..
Konrad - 13.11.2009 at 06:49
That's quite a powerful news article. I agree that music is the weapon of the future because NOBODY CAN STOP IT! We need to take our music BACK! Hails to this band!
K†ulu - 13.11.2009 at 08:50
Oh finally. I have been checking out their forum for months now.
BloodTears - 13.11.2009 at 13:00
2010 will bring a lot of new releases from bands I really like. Good news.
Collin - 13.11.2009 at 13:03
6 fucking years... I'm worried my expectations could be too high after waiting for so long.
Darkside Momo - 13.11.2009 at 16:27
Written by Magatouve on 13.11.2009 at 02:59

Impressive... and frighteni ng too.
But that's another element that makes this band great too, this union between jews and muslims. I remember that one of their reasons for coming back (before 2004, that is) was one show in Turkey (I think) were they were absolutely overwhelmed by the warm welcome they received...
nb - 13.11.2009 at 19:30
Nice news!!!
Introspekrieg - 14.11.2009 at 00:53
Written by Collin on 13.11.2009 at 13:03

That's what I'm worried about... but with Steven Wilson I have rarely been disappointed.
ItalktotheWind - 14.11.2009 at 04:45
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! FINALLY!!!! We've waited sooooo long for this particular news and now its here, and Steven Wilson is producing it.... FANTASTIC! I can't wait, but others have pointed out that expectations might be too high, but I have faith, I don't think Wilson would attach his name to a shitty album.
Hybreda - 16.11.2009 at 19:52
Can I say "Finally, after making us wait and excited all the time with updates that it will be coming soon!"?

I already did..

and hope we understand why it has such a lame title... =)
Vitriolic Hate - 20.11.2009 at 21:15
Sounds interesting!
Darkside Momo - 20.11.2009 at 21:21
Written by BloodTears on 13.11.2009 at 13:00

2010 will bring a lot of new releases from bands I really like. Good news.

Same here! Orphaned Land, Dark Tranquillity, Iron Maiden, Alchemist, and so on...
K†ulu - 20.11.2009 at 23:40
I have a strong feeling that this one is going to be veeeery hard to get into. Oh, why did they have to make 15 songs??? I love albums where there are 6 or 7 songs. This is gonna have a lot of short interludes and staff and will be telling the story... as I said, this album will mess with my head.
Black Conundrum - 21.11.2009 at 00:25
Nice track listing. This news does indeed make me excited, as I said in the previous post here.
Forsaker - 21.11.2009 at 01:16
Good news . I get bored from waiting. it's f.....k 6 years . what takes them so long .
dEAthB3D - 21.11.2009 at 05:47
I can't wait forever for this album.... INTERESTING!!!
BloodTears - 21.11.2009 at 11:12
Written by Darkside Momo on 20.11.2009 at 21:21

Written by BloodTears on 13.11.2009 at 13:00

2010 will bring a lot of new releases from bands I really like. Good news.

And don't forget Nevermore
Darkside Momo - 21.11.2009 at 16:01
Written by BloodTears on 21.11.2009 at 11:12

Written by Darkside Momo on 20.11.2009 at 21:21

Written by BloodTears on 13.11.2009 at 13:00

2010 will bring a lot of new releases from bands I really like. Good news.

And don't forget Nevermore

I knew I forgot someone
mariano - 27.11.2009 at 16:46
Those who like middle-eastern metal understand this is not a regular death metal album. I believe they spent 6 years because they realized about the elements that made Mabool a great album, not only the folk instruments and melodies but also the complex concept behind their music -It's not an easy job to improve that.

News Orphaned Land - Set New Album Title And Release Date 12 22.03.2013 by Dark†SymphonY
News Nile - New Album Release Date Revealed 8.5 26.04.2012 by legionar
News All Shall Perish - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 8.5 26.04.2011 by Ander
News Nachtmystium - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 8.5 26.02.2012 by Pazdzioch
News Protest The Hero - New Album Title And Release Date Revealed 8.5 19.01.2011 by BaneConall