Cruz Del Sur Music has posted the following news:

"We have heard your calls! After the incredible response to While Heaven Wept's brand new album Vast Oceans Lachrymose - which continues to receive the very highest of accolades worldwide, Cruz Del Sur Music, as well as the continued demands from their audience, have finally convinced the band to re-issue their long out-of-print past albums Sorrow Of The Angels and Of Empires Forlorn in limited-editions of 1000 hand-numbered CD's each. Both albums feature updated cover art, new pictures, and new liner notes from mainman Tom Phillips. The audio content is identical to the original Eibon Records (Sorrow Of The Angels) and Rage Of Achilles Records (Of Empires Forlorn) releases so as to preserve the integrity of the original albums.
These re-issues will be strictly limited to 1000 copies, with absolutely no re-pressing whatsoever at the request of While Heaven Wept themselves. Both albums will be released simultaneously the 29th of January 2010, just in time for the bands' appearance at Hammer Of Doom III in Wurzburg, Germany on February 6th."

Also, the label added that these limited-edition re-releases would be sold at "new-release prices (as opposed to the outrageous amounts these albums sometimes fetch on eBay)".

Source: cruzdelsurmusic.com
Band profile: While Heaven Wept

Posted: 07.12.2009 by Darkside Momo

Comments

Metal Maiden - 07.12.2009 at 03:31
"Also, the label added that these limited-edition re-releases would be sold at "new-release prices (as opposed to the outrageous amounts these albums sometimes fetch on eBay)"

I didn't quite get that - does it mean they'll be sold at the same price as normal editions, or just that they won't cost "outrageous amounts", haha...
Anyway, I fail to see the point in releasing only 1000 copies each, but nonetheless, these magnificent albums, of which, I am ashamed to say, I have only downloaded versions, are worth it - I only hope their price is reasonable, and they are made available worldwide - I would love to get my hands on physical copies, and yummy special editions, at that...Vast Oceans Lacrymose is a piece of art too, It was that album that got me addicted to the band, I was in awe after only 40 seconds spent listening to their myspace player (thanks to Konrad, who ordered everybody in the shoutbox to go listen to it, haha - thanks man, I owe you )
The only other band that has had that same effect on me since then (and it was yesterday, lol) was Anaal Nathrakh...
spirit_inblack - 07.12.2009 at 04:02
Fuckin' A, hopefully I can get my hands on a copy of the awesomeness that is "Of Empires Forlorn."
Marcel Hubregtse - 07.12.2009 at 07:45
All THREE albums will also be re-released (limited to 500 copies) on vinyl by Iron Kodex in January.
Bad English - 07.12.2009 at 13:02
Awesome news
Valaskjalf - 08.12.2009 at 00:28
Interesting band....this is probably very unrelated to this post but had nowhere else to post this, but is this band really Doom Metal? Im listening to the album again and thinking to change the 6/10 I gave them initially to a mighty 7! Shit this is more like....prog death-ish power-ish something or something but sure as hell not Doom. If it is doom its the first time in my life that I wasnt put to sleep by a Doom album. Pretty impressed with their new album actually...nice one, they actually play more than 2 chords a minute unlike most Doom haha

Maybe Marcel can give me the low-down on this because Im puzzled by what they actually are.
Black Conundrum - 08.12.2009 at 03:37
This would be one of the seemingly rare times where I would order two albums of the same band at the same time (seemingly as in I've never done it before). Hopefully I won't waste my opportunity to get these. It is nice that this is happening.
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.12.2009 at 08:13
Written by Valaskjalf on 08.12.2009 at 00:28

Yes they are doom. But more of the progressive power strain. Btw no death metal in their latest two at all
Contrary to what you seem to think, doom doesn't have to be slow (check out loads of Candlemass songs or a Centurions Ghost for that matter)
Valaskjalf - 08.12.2009 at 14:52
Ahh...

pretty cool album the new one, pity its so short though! Especially with a 15 minute opener its weird that the entire album is barely making 40 mins. One of the few draw-backs I have with it at the moment...just over too quick
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.12.2009 at 16:13
Written by Valaskjalf on 08.12.2009 at 14:52

Ahh...

Those 42 minutes already took Tom Phillips fiive years to compose, arrange, so imagine had it been longer than that
BUt I do however find VOL to be the perfect length. Had it been 10-15 minutes it would have taken away from its impact. Of Ocean Forlorn was also 42 minutes btw.

EDIT: Of Empires Forlorn even had TWO covers on it (Jane's Voice In The Wind and a cover of Candlemass' adaptation/cover of Epistle No. 81)
Lucas - 08.12.2009 at 16:57
Definitely gonna get these.
Metal Maiden - 08.12.2009 at 17:19
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.12.2009 at 16:13

Of Ocean Forlorn was also 42 minutes btw.

Of Oceans Forlorn, huh...
And what about Vast Empires Lachrymose

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.12.2009 at 16:13

...and a cover of Candlemass' adaptation/cover of Epistle No. 81)

And what a cover that is indeed, personally I like it more that Candlemass' version...I'm not saying Candlemass is doing it wrong, theirs is great too, but it's just that WHW's cover is more...deep, somewhat, more beautiful imho...
Marcel Hubregtse - 08.12.2009 at 21:15
Written by Metal Maiden on 08.12.2009 at 17:19

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.12.2009 at 16:13

Of Ocean Forlorn was also 42 minutes btw.

Of Oceans Forlorn, huh...
And what about Vast Empires Lachrymose

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 08.12.2009 at 16:13

...and a cover of Candlemass' adaptation/cover of Epistle No. 81)

I fucked up big time witht eh album title there, yeah.

As for the Epistle No. 81 cover WHW's is clearly a cover of the Candlemass version and not of the original piece as written by Carl Michael Bellman and popularized by Cornelis Vreeswijk

News While Heaven Wept - New Song Online 7.5 28.03.2011 by Dargor