Metal Storm logo
Pretty Maids

20.12.2007 - 00:20
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Has anyone heard of this Danish Metal band from the '80's? I just got into them today and I think they're awesome ! But I could've swore there was already a topic about these guys, but I search and find nothing, howcome

I first heard of them when I learned that "Back To Back" was not actually an origional HammerFall song, but a cover song origionally performed by Pretty Maids.

20.12.2007 - 00:42
220volt
Account deleted
Ohh yeah, Pretty Maids rocked my stereo in 80's (me being from Europe so it was easy to get their stuff). Red Hot and Heavy is their debut and my fav, but check out their latest 2000 and above stuff. it;s heavy but melodic.
20.12.2007 - 00:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 00:42

Ohh yeah, Pretty Maids rocked my stereo in 80's (me being from Europe so it was easy to get their stuff). Red Hot and Heavy is their debut and my fav, but check out their latest 2000 and above stuff. it;s heavy but melodic.

You're from Danmark?

I agree thay are good, ven I have no original viny and stuff, but I had hear 2-3 albums in vib of doom and I like band, realy good and awsome, just like all 80tie sheavy metal bands
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.12.2007 - 00:54
220volt
Account deleted
I am from ex-Yugoslavia but I got exposed very early to all good Scandinavian metal stuff (Heavy Load, Torch, 220volt, Overdrive, Pretty Maids etc)
20.12.2007 - 00:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 00:54

I am from ex-Yugoslavia but I got exposed very early to all good Scandinavian metal stuff (Heavy Load, Torch, 220volt, Overdrive, Pretty Maids etc)

...and exatly severa tribuna na maracana

Djevolje Jogodi, and Crna Udovice ebst 80ties HM bands of Yugo + others I had some mp 3 from 80ties Hrvatsko HM

200volt what is that?
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2007 - 01:01
220volt
Account deleted
Wow, I did not know thzt anyone knew about those ex-Yu bands, but people who actually lived there.

220volt is another kick ass early 80's band from Sweden. Check them out http://www.myspace.com/220voltsweden
20.12.2007 - 03:35
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
Yeah, from what i've heard from Red, Hot And Heavy , it sounds the most traditional metal of all and there are less keyboards.
20.12.2007 - 04:08
220volt
Account deleted
Yep, That's the one.
20.12.2007 - 05:45
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I own one of their new albums: "Anything Worth Doing, Is Worth Overdoing"... I think it's a great one, it was one of my favourite ones when I bought it and I was 17 or something. But reading this thread it seems that the best Pretty Maids stuff is from the beginning of their career. I'm not really into heavy/traditional metal anymore, though.
20.12.2007 - 10:56
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 20.12.2007 at 05:45

But reading this thread it seems that the best Pretty Maids stuff is from the beginning of their career. I'm not really into heavy/traditional metal anymore, though.

All metal bands best stuff arein early days of carear
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2007 - 21:38
220volt
Account deleted
Quote:
All metal bands best stuff arein early days of carear

I agree. See Def Leppard.
21.12.2007 - 02:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I've heard of the name only...I know that they are NWOBHM and the name is pretty damn stupid...apparently they named themselves as such because that's what they thought about all the time...
21.12.2007 - 02:32
220volt
Account deleted
Technically they're not NWOBHM since they're not from england. They're from Denmark but people usually put them in a same category because of music similarity.

I agree with Southern Wind, their new albums are also smoking.
21.12.2007 - 03:14
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I've never heard the new albums. The only old band I've come across who have really put out good new material are Manowar..........Because many of the old bands cannot cope with the new-age technology it seems.
07.10.2019 - 11:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
We are sorry to announce these bad news

Our brother Ronnie has recently been diagnosed with lung cancer?

This means we will have to cancel all shows announced until the end of January 2020 and we're all sorry for the inconvenience that might bring.
Right now all plans are on hold, so for the moment we can't say much more due to the current situation but we will keep you updated.

ALL focus is now on Ronnie's health and undergoing treatment.
We hope for your love and understanding.
/Ken, Rene, Chris and Allan

Ronnies open letter:

STATEMENT

It's scary how your world can be turned upside down in a couple of weeks.

I went to my doctor for a routine check complaining about some back pains in mid-August.
I then went through numerous scans, bronchoscopy, biopsies etc. and spent a lot of time waiting for answers in uncertainty.
And so finally three weeks ago I found myself diagnosed with lung cancer.

Now this has by all means been a shock to me, my family and those close to me since it came totally unexpected without any typical symptoms and everything just happened and developed so fast lately.

I'm already in treatment and underwent surgery two weeks ago, then spend some 10 days in hospital with pneumonia as a consequence apparently linked to the surgery.

According to the medical staff my prospects are good considering it's lung cancer. However, I will have to undertake further treatment the next couple of months to be on the safe side.

This means that I unfortunately will have to step back from most musical activities concerts etc. for an indefinite period of time.

I'm going into this with a positive mindset and with the continuing love and support from my family and friends I'm determined to battle this disease the best I can -God willing!

LOVE ❤️
Ronnie Atkins

photo: Tallee Savage
----

apos;'
[image]
23.12.2022 - 13:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
RONNIE ATKINS Says 'Nothing Is Happening' With PRETTY MAIDS Right Now

----

apos;'
[image]