‹‹ Back to the Serious discussions Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]
Users visited: 251  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Hylia on 08.06.2006 at 01:26
I decided to make a thread on Abortion after watching a show on it.How it is so open to people these days and more people are beginning to do it.It doesn't really occur to people sometimes that they are killing a life,some people are just so desperate to be free they dont even think about it.I know some people who are 15 and had it done already.In that case,it is necessary,but in the end it is their fault in the first place.There are many people who dont agree with it and think it is wrong,and there are also those who dont have a problem with it and think it's for the good of it.There are times when it should be done,and it is better not to bring a child into the world with no parents,and there are times when an adult couple does it because they just dont want another child.I know the Catholic church is very against it and many protest against it,I just wanted to hear your opinion on whether it is right or wrong or just sometimes necessary.Is it wrong to kill someone who never experiened life or to bring them into the world with a family that could not support them or are not mature enough to.

Page 22 of 22

scapeplan
Mouthcrab

13.11.2012 at 05:26
I'm not a fan of abortion, especially if the family can support the child, but sometimes it is necessary, I also don't think that I should have more control over a woman's body than she does, so it would not be my choice to make.
----
"Without judgement, perception would increase a million times."~Chuck Schuldiner

Less coherent than Anal Cunt.

Eric Brecht once liked my Facebook comment. Therefore, by the translative property, Chuck Schuldiner like my comment.
SilentScream
Blasphemer

01.12.2012 at 22:25
Written by FourMechALYX on 07.11.2012 at 22:21

I am against killing. I believe that it is not the role of a human to cause any life to end. This is a matter of souls and humans, nothing else, and abortion should be illegal just like murder. I realize that I do sound really obnoxious, and I'm sorry for that, its just what I believe. It also may sound hypocritical coming from a thrash fan, but I feel like music about death is more spreading awareness than glorifying it. There's another question, are your life beliefs reflected in your music? Ill have to start a thread on that one once I have enough posts.

So I take it you are a vegetarian?
----
http://www.facebook.com/#!/phosphorusqc
Angelic Storm
Melodious

06.12.2012 at 10:11
Written by SilentScream on 01.12.2012 at 22:25

A very good point. It irks me no end when pro-lifers go on about how "sacred" life is, but think nothing of animals being tortured and killed for man's greed. I see vivisection and factory farming as far more abhorrent than abortion is. I'm definitely pro-choice, and also don't see abortion as "murder". I am generally against late abortions though, unless of course it's for the sake of saving the mother's life.

The late, great Chuck Schuldiner once said this about abortion:

"It should be legal. If I was a woman surely I would like to have a choice whether to have a child or not. In the U.S. a lot of new-borns are killed because they were unwanted. It is better to solve it immediately when a woman finds out about the pregnancy and she doesn't want a child. Better to go for an abortion than to kill a baby. That is terrible. Men cannot force women to keep a child when they themselves feel they can't."

I think it's really awesome that he tries to see the issue from a woman's perspective, which most men certainly don't do when forming an opinion on the issue.
Thrashette

08.12.2012 at 18:30
Written by Angelic Storm on 06.12.2012 at 10:11

A very good point. It irks me no end when pro-lifers go on about how "sacred" life is, but think nothing of animals being tortured and killed for man's greed. I see vivisection and factory farming as far more abhorrent than abortion is. I'm definitely pro-choice, and also don't see abortion as "murder". I am generally against late abortions though, unless of course it's for the sake of saving the mother's life.

The late, great Chuck Schuldiner once said this about abortion:

"It should be legal. If I was a woman surely I would like to have a choice whether to have a child or not. In the U.S. a lot of new-borns are killed because they were unwanted. It is better to solve it immediately when a woman finds out about the pregnancy and she doesn't want a child. Better to go for an abortion than to kill a baby. That is terrible. Men cannot force women to keep a child when they themselves feel they can't."

I think it's really awesome that he tries to see the issue from a woman's perspective, which most men certainly don't do when forming an opinion on the issue.

I'm a vegetarian and still 100% pro-choice. "Killing" an embryo that barely feels anything is much more humane than letting an animal live a life of torture just because someone thinks it tastes good.

In any case, I believe abortion is the woman's choice. Whenever people ask me if the man should have any say, I always answer "Yea, if he's the one giving birth to it" (which some would argue is the case with pregnant transsexuals). Lately prolifers have really been pissing me off since I know a sad example of someone who's let prolife propoganda ruin her life. I know someone who's a single parent with 2 kids from different fathers (neither of whom pay child support) who got kicked out of her parents' house and is now pregnant with her 3rd kid. Not only is she unable to afford that many children, her health is at risk to the point that she might die if she gives birth. Yet she still refuses to have an abortion because it's "wrong"... It's still her choice, but someone would have to be pretty misinformed to go through with a pregnancy that could kill them just because they're convinced that abortion (or in her case, probably birth control in general) is so wrong.
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

09.12.2012 at 00:21
I honestly don't understand how being vegetarian and being pro-life would even be connected. To me they are different topics.

Written by Angelic Storm on 06.12.2012 at 10:11

A very good point. It irks me no end when pro-lifers go on about how "sacred" life is, but think nothing of animals being tortured and killed for man's greed.

Also... I think my man George Carlin (rip) is necessary for this thread:

Special mention goes to 7:56 where he discuss the so called "sanctity of life" but the whole video nails the issue.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 31.01.2012 at 00:21
Post a picture of your bushy mane for redemption.
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
SilentScream
Blasphemer

13.12.2012 at 23:25
Written by Mr. Doctor on 09.12.2012 at 00:21

I honestly don't understand how being vegetarian and being pro-life would even be connected. To me they are different topics.

I suggest you read FourMechALYX 's post for reference to what we are talking about.
----
Mr. Doctor
Skandino

13.12.2012 at 23:29
Written by SilentScream on 13.12.2012 at 23:25
I suggest you read FourMechALYX 's post for reference to what we are talking about.

I read it, which makes no difference to what I previously wrote. To me they are different topics and by that I mean it doesn't sound wrong to me if someone is vegetarian/pro-choice...or nonvegetarian/pro-life.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 31.01.2012 at 00:21
Post a picture of your bushy mane for redemption.
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
SilentScream
Blasphemer

14.12.2012 at 05:34
Written by Mr. Doctor on 13.12.2012 at 23:29

Written by SilentScream on 13.12.2012 at 23:25

I read it, which makes no difference to what I previously wrote. To me they are different topics and by that I mean it doesn't sound wrong to me if someone is vegetarian/pro-choice...or nonvegetarian/pro-life.

To me neither, but she talks of the ''sanctity of life'', that human's ''should not kill''. Thus our comments....
----
FourMechALYX

01.01.2013 at 00:03

Sorry I took so long to reply, I'ts a long boring story why I couldn't get on. Yes, I am a vegetarian. I agree that it would be really hypocritical of me if I said that and I weren't.
----
"Well, looks like the country is stuck between a Kerry King wristband and a hard place..."

"Cool story bro, tell it to Reader's Digest."

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]

Login or register to post here.