Metal Storm logo
Avantasia - Another New Video Online

A new video for the song 'Carry Me Over' was posted online at this location.
'Carry Me Over' comes off the Avantasia's forthcoming album, entitled "The Scarecrow," which will be released on January 25, 2008 as a standard CD as well as rare picture (double) vinyl.

Source: vids.myspace.com
Band profile: Avantasia
Posted: 21.12.2007 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 6 users
21.12.2007 - 23:32
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Programed drums, Bon Jovi chorus... not that it's bad but this has NOTHING to do with Metal Opera pt 1&2. But I like the song pretty much, and the concept of the video is actually very good even if it's not masterly directed.
I've heard that this one and "Lost in Space" are the only "pop songs" on the album. Works fine with me.
21.12.2007 - 23:46
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Spyroid on 21.12.2007 at 23:32

I've heard that this one and "Lost in Space" are the only "pop songs" on the album.

Well, so let's hope it's true... , i can't stand 'Lost In Space'
22.12.2007 - 00:08
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Tobi Bon Jovi

well...i still hear something from Avantasia in it (probably mainly the vocal of Tobi ) but it is poppy like hell - and Lost In Space is much better than this imo
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

22.12.2007 - 01:39
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Guest on 21.12.2007 at 23:46

Written by Spyroid on 21.12.2007 at 23:32

I've heard that this one and "Lost in Space" are the only "pop songs" on the album.

Well, so let's hope it's true... , i can't stand 'Lost In Space'

I think they're both okay, above average pop/rock songs. But I hope there's not more of this on the album.
22.12.2007 - 01:52
Bararey
Winter is Coming
The video is ok, it's not bad at all, and their song Lost in Space, at first I did not like it that much, but after a few listenings it grew on me
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
22.12.2007 - 01:53
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Hmm, well, much more Rockish sound than Metal Opera... I Like it, but it's quite different, which can be both good and bad.. we'll see how the album comes out, EP's are fine, not fantastic, but good.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
22.12.2007 - 02:06
Fhuesc

And i thought that Him was the gayest band ever, i've changed my mind.

Even when i didn't like the video's theme, at least has some theme, not like dark tranquillity or sonata arctica last videos. Those were so lame.
----
Hasta la victoria, siempre!
Until victory, always!
22.12.2007 - 03:04
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Ok.. I haven't been following Avantasia's news lately, because the impression I have of the new material is nothing alike Metal Opera. This is the first time I listen to a new song and it proves my theory.. They're no power metal anymore.. it seems more like a comercial emo rock band lol... No offense to the fans, It's just my personal opinion
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
22.12.2007 - 11:56
jacut

Incredibly cheesy song, I don't understand how a guy as skilled as Tobias Sammet that made "Vain Glory Opera" and "Avantasia Part 1" can make such horrible albums lately (when I listened to "Rocket Ride" for the first time I was like... uh is this Edguy or did I buy the wrong CD?) Honestly this song is absolutely bad coming from a metal band, and it's absolutely everything the fans don't want to hear, so I won't bother buying the album, I think I'll not even download it, it's not worth it.
23.12.2007 - 00:11
juanopereira

You can't judge an entire album for hearing just 2 songs. It's obvious that Tobias is making videoclips for the comercial songs to earn some money. But I saw and heared the trailer of the new album on youtube and it has excellent songs.

The same happened with the EPs and yes, there are soft and comercial songs but also good ones like "Promise Land", "Another Angel down" and "Scary Eyes"

I think the album will have everything; ballads, comercial songs, good metal songs and fucking masterpieces.
24.12.2007 - 01:26
Ascalon

Really different, but it isn't a bad proposal .. just different that confirms you the fact that Sammet's is a great creator with new and fresh ideas every day... trying with new sounds .. more hard rock ... more ballad ... and less power metal .. I don't know listen "Save Me" from "Superheroes" and you' ll understand .. if you like Avantasia .. and if you like Sammet you ought to be open to his changes ... and you can't judge the entire album for ne song... I didn't like it so much .. but I know that the album it's gonna be AWESOME ... i'm waiting ...
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
25.12.2007 - 16:57
Dumper

I guess its the new Avantasia... NU style.
Totally different from the Classic Power metal im used to hear under that name, but I don't say the new direction is bad.
Its the case when you have to listen to the songs like... at least 4 time before rating them.

Interesting what else they will bring

Hits total: 4087 | This month: 8