Metal Storm logo
Southpark VS Family Guy

Original post

Posted by iMPERiAL_iCE, 26.12.2007 - 20:41
Well I couldn't help myself from starting this topic....
Since I just bought the full four seasons of the family guy, and they are so funny I almost shit my pants on every episode..on the other side I also have five seasons of Southpark and the same thing goes on with those so I just cant decide which is my favourite....

Poll

Which is better?

Southpark
The Family Guy

Total votes: 102
23.11.2010 - 13:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 22.11.2010 at 22:57

Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.11.2010 at 22:53

Written by Guest on 22.11.2010 at 22:47

Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.11.2010 at 22:35

First of all as my new self-given role of the grammar police its just Family guy not "the" family guy... but to stay on track i pick family guy, but i dont really watch southpark... i love when they make fun of terrosits, ALA WHO ACHBAR!!!!

Hate to be pedantic my unfortunate friend, but the difference between 'Family Guy' and 'The Family Guy' is not grammatical; [sentence structure] it's lexical.

Good day.

its wrong... i think... i hope...

I can guarantee you it isn't wrong.

"The Family Guy" is wrong because the series is called "Family Guy"
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2010 - 13:12
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2010 at 13:02

Written by Guest on 22.11.2010 at 22:57

Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.11.2010 at 22:53

Written by Guest on 22.11.2010 at 22:47

Written by Boxcar Willy on 22.11.2010 at 22:35

First of all as my new self-given role of the grammar police its just Family guy not "the" family guy... but to stay on track i pick family guy, but i dont really watch southpark... i love when they make fun of terrosits, ALA WHO ACHBAR!!!!

Hate to be pedantic my unfortunate friend, but the difference between 'Family Guy' and 'The Family Guy' is not grammatical; [sentence structure] it's lexical.

Good day.

its wrong... i think... i hope...

I can guarantee you it isn't wrong.

"The Family Guy" is wrong because the series is called "Family Guy"

Erm...I wasn't talking about the title of the show...I was talking about his 'grammar police' statement lol.
23.11.2010 - 13:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Guest on 23.11.2010 at 13:12

Erm...I wasn't talking about the title of the show...I was talking about his 'grammar police' statement lol.

I guessed you were but I was just being a pain and pedantic in my own way
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2010 - 13:24
Luneth
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2010 at 13:13

Written by Guest on 23.11.2010 at 13:12

I guessed you were but I was just being a pain and pedantic in my own way

I don't see how you're being pedantic; more of a troll, perhaps?

Have a nice day
23.11.2010 - 13:56
whatsacow
I voted for family guy, because it actually makes me laugh. South Park really isn't all that funny in my opinion, and it stopped being funny when I was 13 and stopped caring about bodily functions. Family guy has some intelligence behind it, south park is just immaturity and offensive for the sake of being immature and offensive.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
23.11.2010 - 14:48
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by whatsacow on 23.11.2010 at 13:56

Family guy has some intelligence behind it, south park is just immaturity and offensive for the sake of being immature and offensive.

I totally disagree there Family Guy is just random stupidity funniness whereas most of South Park's episodes have a load of social and cultural commentary in them.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.11.2010 - 15:52
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2010 at 14:48
I totally disagree there Family Guy is just random stupidity funniness whereas most of South Park's episodes have a load of social and cultural commentary in them.

Agreed. xD

I wouldn't like South Park if it was just offensive and immature for the sake of it. Its only that if you take it at face value. Most of the "offensive" stuff in it, is usually very satirical, sarcastic, and the characters being offensive are clearly meant to be laughed at, not with.
23.11.2010 - 15:55
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelic Storm on 23.11.2010 at 15:52

Agreed. xD

I wouldn't like South Park if it was just offensive and immature for the sake of it. Its only that if you take it at face value. Most of the "offensive" stuff in it, is usually very satirical, sarcastic, and the characters being offensive are clearly meant to be laughed at, not with.

Exactly. And I think that's the reason why Soth Park has loads of fans of over 35.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

24.11.2010 - 01:35
whatsacow

Written by whatsacow on 23.11.2010 at 13:56

Family guy has some intelligence behind it, south park is just immaturity and offensive for the sake of being immature and offensive.

I will admit, some of South Park's episodes are quite clever, and even hilarious, but on whole, I find the show to be just plain stupid. But I guess its just a matter of likes and dislikes. I was in love with South Park when I was 8 - 13, but i watched episodes again recently, and they haven't even mustered up a laugh. Sometiems I think: "I see the point of that joke, but they didn't really pull it off as well as they could have." Then again, Its the same with Family Guy, and While I absolutely love that show, It does have some absolutely rubbish episodes.

I'd watch the simpsons, but the new episodes are shit. I miss the good old days when it was all about taking the piss out of everything, including texts and things no ones ever heard of.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
30.11.2010 - 15:07
Malphas
Lol impossible to decide both are awesome
----
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
15.12.2010 - 21:50
Axe Argonian
I like both, but I voted for Family Guy. Cartman's saying,"Lick mah balls." loses its "laugh factor" after the thousandth time.
----
"Man does at all times only what he wills, and yet he does this necessarily. But this is because he already is what he wills." - Arthur Schopenhauer
16.12.2010 - 19:22
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 23.11.2010 at 15:55

Written by Angelic Storm on 23.11.2010 at 15:52

Agreed. xD

Exactly. And I think that's the reason why Soth Park has loads of fans of over 35.

that and Matt and Trey find ways to incorporate a bunch of the shit we grew up on into the show.

south park is awesome because it is satirical and takes shots at both sides of the issue. some episdes are boring or fall short, some are flat out dead on. family guy is largely non-sequitir humor and should it get satircal, they pretty much always represent one side of the issue. as least it's better than the cleveland show and american dad spin-offs.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.06.2011 - 19:13
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I fucking hate Family Guy. It gets on my nerves when I watch it. There is no plot to it. I have a very hard time watching things without plots.
20.06.2011 - 12:39
Timmeh
Dudeman
I love 'Family Guy' though its jokes can get slightly annoying if you watch too much of it, but 'South Park' supasses it because of its genius. The way 'South Park' covers contemporary issues and beliefs is just fantastic, there is a deeper message in almost all episodes and I think alot of people get all too worked up about how it's 'offensive' and 'immature' and don't realise its true brilliance.
21.06.2011 - 14:48
Metal_4Ever
I love to watch the "Family Guy" when I want to watch one episode every day..
and I love to watch "South Park" when I want to watch all series in one session...
02.08.2011 - 03:08
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
I like South Park. Family Guys just sucks.
07.08.2011 - 05:41
Mattybu
Of the two, South Park is better, but realistically, I'll take The Simpsons or American Dad over either, any day of the week. Just so much more intelligent humour in either of those, a lot funnier shows. South Park isn't too bad but Family Guy, never understood the praise it gets.
07.08.2011 - 05:58
Void Eater
Account deleted
Written by Axe Argonian on 15.12.2010 at 21:50

I like both, but I voted for Family Guy. Cartman's saying,"Lick mah balls." loses its "laugh factor" after the thousandth time.

Sorry, Cartman saying "Lick mah balls!" has infinite hillarity.
07.08.2011 - 06:40
Mattybu
Written by Guest on 07.08.2011 at 05:58

Written by Axe Argonian on 15.12.2010 at 21:50

Sorry, Cartman saying "Lick mah balls!" has infinite hillarity.

If by infinite hilarity you mean, maybe almost contemplating slightly chuckling out loud, maybe one time, but deciding not to and just getting another chip from the chip bag, and every time you hear it after it's just annoying, then yeah totally agree on that one
29.08.2011 - 02:03
Berserk
Tough one...

Family guy lately has just been stupid. I haven't found any family guy episodes good in almost 4 years. Anything before that was good though . So I went with South Park.
----
Fear the Old Blood
25.02.2012 - 20:40
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Since the start of this topic, I've actually become a bigger family guy fan than South Park. I never thought it would happen.
07.03.2012 - 08:23
Sonic MrSumo
Written by Berserk on 29.08.2011 at 02:03

Tough one...

Family guy lately has just been stupid. I haven't found any family guy episodes good in almost 4 years. Anything before that was good though . So I went with South Park.

Agreed...it has gone down hill of late. I still voted for Family Guy however.
----
All the bridges in the world won't save you, if there's no other side to cross to.
- Rock poetry from Silverchair.