06. Heroes
07. Sail On
08. Into The Light
09. Crawling From Hell
10. Bleeding Eyes
11. When Love Comes Close
12. Through Thick And Thin [Japanese bonus]
13. The Kid Rocks On [Japanese bonus]

Masterplan gives us their debut album. First of all, just let me say that Masterplan is not warmed up Helloween or Ark stuffs. It's a complete new fusion between Roland Grapow's guitars and Uli Kusch's drums with the incredible voice of Jorn Lande. Great songs, with deep atmospheres.

Sometimes near the metal FM, songs like 'Into the light' or 'Soulburn' smell totally fresh easy compositions, but so wonderfull for the ears. Every melodic part of the album is a slap on your face cause Jorn's voice is always on the mood and very strong. The wheel feeling of the band is going and gives a best result for that category of metal. 'Bleeding eyes' is so oriental and deep, 'Crawling from hell' takes you in a complete land of fury. A great album for people who need a good metal journey.

Just a bad point, maybe some guitar soli kill sometimes the atmosphere. The one in the single title 'Enlighten me' reminds me the melody of a great BEER on TV. I don't speak about the quality, but only creativity, to know if it was cool to hear that kind of stuff in Masterplan songs, cause the lyrics are so beautifull like a reflection onto the life. Who knows?

Written by | 21.09.2003

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 8   Visited by: 137 users
04.01.2008 - 21:20
Lian
Account deleted
I love this so much.
19.03.2008 - 01:20
Rating: 9
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Great album, i cant get tired of listening this album over and over. Enlighten Me is the worst song.. but still i can enjoy it sometimes... this album gets a 9/10 by me.. very close to perfection.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
26.05.2008 - 02:03
juanopereira

Excellent album and band. The voice of Jorn is just amazing.
20.06.2009 - 16:31
Rating: 10
BlankFile

I love this album, pure magical stuff. Its an amazing debut from this great band.
Oh yes and Jorn Lande Rules!
Stay Metal |m|
21.06.2009 - 01:46
Rating: 10
Hrothdane

The first time I listened to the album I didn't really get into it, but after letting it sit for awhile and coming back to it I can't get enough! Jorn really is a top-notch singer, and the lyrics are intelligent and optimistic, just how I like
----
Despair is death, and I'm not interested in dying.

Member of the True Crusade against True Crusades
11.08.2009 - 02:00
Rating: 8
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
Sure this album has it's Flower Metal points, but not even such occasionally cheesy lyrics can ruin the great presentation.
14.12.2010 - 20:29
Mountain King
K i K o
Written by Hrothdane on 21.06.2009 at 01:46

The first time I listened to the album I didn't really get into it, but after letting it sit for awhile and coming back to it I can't get enough! Jorn really is a top-notch singer, and the lyrics are intelligent and optimistic, just how I like

Me too. I was surprised how people like it so much! but now i just love it. Although for me, the music is the main attraction in the album...
23.08.2016 - 22:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Maybe shortest review written about probably best bands album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 7428 | This month: 8