Metal Storm logo
Favorite Morbid Angel Album

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 09.06.2006 - 02:49
My favorite is Covenant. It has some of my favorite songs- Rapture and Blood on my Hands. I also really like Angel of Disease because it stands out and has some great guitarwork. All Morbid Angel albums have a great atmosphere to them, but this is one of the more consistent releases.

Edit - nah, fav is Altars of Madness

Poll

Which one is your favorite?

Altars of Madness
Covenant
Blessed are the Sick
Domination
Gateways to Annihilation
Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
Heretic

Total votes: 189
11.10.2010 - 21:24
Reza
Account deleted
Domination for me. It was the first Death Metal album I heard.
20.11.2010 - 17:10
JD
Account deleted
Sadly i don't think Morbid Angel made any masterpiece, the first 4 albums are great but some tracks really makes me bored, IMO the close perfect album they made "Gateways To Annihilation"

1. Gateways To Annihilation (Steve Tucker did a great job in this one)

2. Domination (can't choose between these 4 albums in every each one i like tracks and i hate tracks)
Covenant
Altars Of Madness
Blessed Are The Sick

3. Heretic (this album remind me of Nile)

4. Formulas Fatal To The Flesh (i liked some part in some songs meeh average album)
29.06.2011 - 16:25
Aristarchos

Immortal Rites is there best song, but overall Blessed
21.10.2011 - 03:48
John Sandman

My vote goes for Covenant. \m/
22.10.2011 - 04:50
GroundZero

Covenant
22.10.2011 - 05:47
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by GroundZero on 22.10.2011 at 04:50

Covenant

great album, but WHY? explain, por favor. one word answers are just spam.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
22.10.2011 - 09:25
GroundZero

Written by BitterCOld on 22.10.2011 at 05:47

Written by GroundZero on 22.10.2011 at 04:50

Covenant

great album, but WHY? explain, por favor. one word answers are just spam.

Ok, the album's sound, atmosphere, guitar riffs, lyrics, no filler songs... in my opinion it's one of the best death metal albums ever.
15.06.2012 - 14:46
Infernal Eternal

My fave is Illud Divinum Insanus. LOL, I'm joking, it couldn't be other than Altars Of Madness!
----
{}::::::[]:::::::::::::::::> ONLY DEATH IS REAL <:::::::::::::::::[]::::::{}
Rest In Peace: Bon Scott, Dave G. Halliday, Michael "Destructor" Wulf, Jerry Fogle, Quorthon, Witchhunter
18.06.2012 - 16:29
winds of mayhem

I don't know why steve tucker was never accepted i thought he was just as good if not better then david vincent and if you listen to the new morbid angel whats with all that industrial shit on the record anyhow? my personal fave was Gateways To Annihilation from start to finnish i thought it was a death metal classic.
----
No Mosh, No Core, No trends, No Fun
18.06.2012 - 22:21
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Blessed Are The Sick (Leading The Rats)

That's probably the best title I've ever heard tbh.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.08.2012 - 15:44
helofloki

I've always enjoyed this band, never loved, never hated, but when I want to listen to something both heavy and evil, they nail it pretty well. For me it's real close between Formulas and Covenant. I love the ultra heavy earthy guitar tone on Formulas and the sludgy parts here, they are just oozing like a slug. Covenant is more of a straight awsome early death metal work, like their first two albums, but it just rips it up. Great riffs, catchy choruses and evil as shit. But yeah, Formulas, love that one.
06.09.2012 - 22:47
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
It's a good thing this poll was made before Illud Divinum Insanus ever came out, that album doesn't deserve any votes. Out of the ones I've heard, I probably have to go with Blessed Are The Sick, it's still death metal, but there seems to be more of a sophisticated classical feel to it. It was dedicated to Mozart after all.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
04.10.2012 - 01:04
Citizen inSane

Domination. Two best MA songs included: Where The Slime Live and Dawn of the Angry. Haven't really ever gotten the hype around Altars...
09.12.2012 - 19:24
Sumentaa

My vote goes to Altars of Madness. Honestly I love all of them
----
Thy soul shall find itself alone
'Mid dark thoughts of the grey tomb-stone;
Not one, of all the crowd, to pry
Into thine hour of secrecy.
"Spirits of the Dead-Edgar Allan Poe"
16.04.2013 - 10:05
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Who the fuck votes for Heretic? I can understand if you like the album (I didn't) but how is it your favorite out of everything Morbid Angel has done?

Anyway, the first two are easily the best, with the third following closely behind.
----
17.04.2013 - 14:28
Edible Autopsy

The first 4 albums were all great. My vote goes to Covenant though. Rapture and Angel of Disease are kick ass and every other song on the album gets me hooked. Domination comes in at a close 2nd.
----
So let it be written
So let it be done
I've be sent here by the chosen one

So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharoah son

I'm Creeping Death
14.03.2014 - 05:53
blacktooth85

I have to go with Covenant. Their first 3 are classics, but there's something about Covenant i like the most. It seems to have more variety than their previous albums. I love the riffage and drumming. Some of my favorite Morbid Angel songs are on that album; Rapture, Vengeance is Mine, Lion's Den, Blood on my Hands, and God of Emptiness... Altars of Madness is a close 2nd with me.
14.03.2014 - 21:01
Mattybu

Written by deadone on 14.03.2014 at 06:30

(I always wonder whether people listen to the whole thing - I wonder if they listen to the last 4 songs?).

Usually when I listen to it I start with Immortal Rites and find it hard not to listen to the whole thing. Bleed for the Devil and Damnation in particular on the back end are pretty monstrous. As a whole the album is a great length and doesn't lose momentum either.

I voted in this poll a long time ago and I'm not sure if I picked Covenant or Altars but it was one of those two (both really good shit)
14.03.2014 - 21:37
Lit.
Account deleted
The first three are definite death classics, nowadays I think I prefer Blessed out of them.

Do not see why people hail Domination. I found it dumbed down and boring compared to the first three.