Domination
Gateways to Annihilation
Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
Heretic

Total votes: 189
09.06.2006 - 02:49
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My favorite is Covenant. It has some of my favorite songs- Rapture and Blood on my Hands. I also really like Angel of Disease because it stands out and has some great guitarwork. All Morbid Angel albums have a great atmosphere to them, but this is one of the more consistent releases.

Edit - nah, fav is Altars of Madness
09.06.2006 - 04:25
Stigmatized
Written by Dangerboner on 09.06.2006 at 02:49

My favorite is Covenant. It has some of my favorite songs- Rapture and Blood on my Hands. I also really like Angel of Disease because it stands out and has some great guitarwork. All Morbid Angel albums have a great atmosphere to them, but this is one of the more consistent releases.

I'm with you all the way on this one. Covenant was the first Morbid Angel album I heard, so that's part of it. Most people consider Altars of Madness or Blessed are the Sick to be the top, but neither catch my ear like Covenant. With songs like "Rapture" and my personal favorite MA song "The Lions Den", how could you not love it?
09.06.2006 - 12:21
Sunioj

Covenant beat all albums, but I still love blessed are the sick and domination (probably blessed are the sick more), there old school sound brings that occultish feeling that morbid angel is supposed to reveal.
09.06.2006 - 15:32
danzig111
Account deleted
Yes "Covenant" is a very quality album.......but my favourite is "Gateways To Annihilation", it kicks so much ass! That's the album which turned me on to them and Pete is insane on that one!
09.06.2006 - 17:44
Southern Wind
Account deleted
"Altars Of Madness", I like very much every single song on it... besides, when I saw them live they played the whole album (it was the first tour with Vincent after a long time) and it was a stunning experience
10.06.2006 - 05:38
Mega-Slayer

Man,I have only heard a few songs from Morbid Angel,I need to buy Covenant and Altars of Madness.I saw them at a cd store for $13 each.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
10.06.2006 - 08:06
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I won't make a choice just yet, but I'll add my input. I am a fan of Morbid Angel somewhat. They have never been at the top of my favorites lists, but they are classic and they are wicked, that is for sure. Their first two albums, like everyone has said, are untouchable classics. With their third release 'Covenant' Morbid Angel started moving towards what they are today, this guitar monolith with those brutal drums following right behind. 'Domination' took that sound even a step further and was expanded upon a lot on the follow up 'Formulas Fatal to the Flesh' and so forth. After David Vincent left, the size of Morbid Angel's music doubled. Just listen to the three albums with Steve Tucker, they just sound so massive. Maybe it's just me. Anyway, I think my favorite might actually be 'Gateways to Annihilation.' I just love the heavy guitar tone, the riffing, the relentless drumming, not to mention Steve Tucker's monsterous growls and entertaining lyrics. However, I need to listen to all of their albums again to make a concrete decision, but there is some opinion for now.
----
The force will be with you, always.
10.06.2006 - 10:30
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
It's a tough call for me.

While I agree with C-Dub that their music became extremely expansive during the Tucker years (particularly the later half of FFttF), I still prefer the Vincent years.

My personal favorite almost depends entirely upon my mood at the time - the first three are my favorite, with "Altars of Madness" or "Covenant" at the top spot.

"Altars" was one of my LAST Morbid Angel purchases, but I love the sheer unrelenting chaos of the album.

"Covenant" - my first MA purchase (which I picked up well prior to the release of Domination), on the other hand is their first major label work and sports some pretty good production. While far more conventionally structured than their previous - or subsequent works - "Covenant" still manages to capture a degree of intensity and chaos, mostly thanks to Trey's solos. I really dig the first six tracks or so. "Angel of Disease" really annoys me for some reason - perhaps because one of the recurring riffs in the song sounds like a happy, upbeat, all-smiles version of Slayer's "Antichrist". "Nar Mattaru" is one of my favorite of their instrumental bits, I adore the way it sounds like the crashing of the sea upon a distant shore...

They haven't released a disappointing album, but I still find their earlier works their best, with "Covenant" getting a slight edge (despite 'angel of disease') thanks to sentimental reasons.

(back in the mid-90's my roommate had a bitch girlfriend who once referred to Stevie Ray Vaughan as 'noise'... I shared a wall with my roommate so whenever she came over I used to fucking BLARE "Covenant" just to piss her off... He actually found this highly amusing, too.)
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
10.06.2006 - 11:32
_HIV_

i voted blessed are the sick! becouse i absolutly love this album! day of suffering is just an amazing song!
15.06.2006 - 18:07
Daru Jericho

Blessed Are The Sick, for me. It was the first Morbid Angel album I heard and so it sort of holds a special place for me. Also, 'Fall From Grace' is probably my favourite all time Morbid Angel song.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

15.06.2006 - 22:26
Hylia

Altars of madness for sure,That album has some of the greatest songs on it, Suffocation, Damnation,Immortal Rites.I dont think any other album can compete with that.
16.06.2006 - 14:41
^Necrolust^

I go for Altars of Madness too.This album is almost perfect imo.The songs,David's vocals...My second option would be Blessed Are The Sick.
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
17.06.2006 - 19:38
Man Or Ash
Account deleted
Domination
20.06.2006 - 04:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Wow I thought this thread would be a lot more popular since Morbid Angel is the god of death metal.
20.06.2006 - 06:20
Mega-Slayer

Written by Dangerboner on 20.06.2006 at 04:42

Wow I thought this thread would be a lot more popular since Morbid Angel is the god of death metal.

Well Pyro among the gods,I would say that Possessed would be the rightful gods,though.
----

Intestinally Punctured Smurf
20.06.2006 - 06:32
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I am going to shoot out my vote. My favorite used to be 'Covenant' but it seems 'Gateways to Annihilation' has taken over as my favorite album by them. I just love the riffing, drumming, vocals, and I really enjoy the lyrics. I am sure my choice will change like it always does, but I might as well vote. I choose 'Gateways to Annihilation' closely followed by 'Covenant' and then 'Blessed Are The Sick.' Good stuff.
----
20.06.2006 - 13:10
Stigmatized
No votes for Heretic....Anyone else a fan besides me?
20.06.2006 - 15:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I vote for "Altars of Madness" becaus eits frst album ofg them what i got, damn wone dude stoll it from me, bastard
I realy love it, but its long time when I hear it
Also i like song and video "Gods Of Amtyness"
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.06.2006 - 01:52
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
I favorite and best Morbid Angel album is Altars Of Madness, its just a great album and great songs like Immortal Rites, Suffocation, Chapel Of Ghouls, Blasphemy, Damnation. All these songs are amazing, and the lyrics are awsome, the guitars and drums are amazing, its just an overall awsome album, and the riffs on this album are all good.
21.06.2006 - 07:06
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Written by Stigmatized on 20.06.2006 at 13:10

I am a fan, but I didn't like the overall production of the guitars that much. Plus I felt with the departure of Erik Rutan, the riffing was a little weaker than their three previous albums with him. I am a fan, but I enjoy their other works more.
----
21.06.2006 - 13:54
Stigmatized
Written by Clintagräm on 21.06.2006 at 07:06

Written by Stigmatized on 20.06.2006 at 13:10

I am a fan, but I didn't like the overall production of the guitars that much. Plus I felt with the departure of Erik Rutan, the riffing was a little weaker than their three previous albums with him. I am a fan, but I enjoy their other works more.

I know what you mean, the guitar's had this sort of "funky" sound to them. Kind of sounded like they were playing underwater or something....
21.06.2006 - 18:39
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
For me its Alter Of Madness .... i love all the Morbid Angel's album , Blessed are sick and Covenant are also awesome. Chapel Of Ghouls and Immortal Rites is my favorite Morbid Angel song
23.06.2006 - 00:00
Cut-Throat

altars of madness is a great debut but covenant is the best album by morbid angel. rapture, world of shit and god of emptiness are some of the best songs in death metal!
24.06.2006 - 21:08
Abortion
Account deleted
Covenant rules the world - Blood on my hands.
25.06.2006 - 18:01
Stigmatized
I'm seriously suprised at the number of votes Covenant has recieved. When I first saw this poll, I was sure Blessed Are The Sick would end up winning.
27.06.2006 - 14:11
lordz
IzZo
Domination RULES ... where the slime lives... ceaser's palace... I can listen to the whole album non stop
but the best song they ever made was god of emptyness

Morbid angel rules:banger2:

pyroleprechaun said that their the god of death metal I wouldnt agree with that.... dont get me wrong they are a truely amazing death metal band (you can even consider them as legends) but if you wana call some one GOD of death metal you better mean DEATH

Cuz no one beats DEATH ...... NO ONE!!!!:nogood:
27.06.2006 - 16:40
DeathButcher
Account deleted
My favorite band!! Altars of Madness or Abominations of Desolation
27.06.2006 - 19:35
Sunioj

@Lordz
You just got me thinking, who is a better guitarist Trey or Chuck? my vote go to Trey though...
28.06.2006 - 05:24
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Sunioj on 27.06.2006 at 19:35

@Lordz
You just got me thinking, who is a better guitarist Trey or Chuck? my vote go to Trey though...

dude...that should totally be a thread....
01.07.2006 - 14:06
lordz
IzZo
Written by Sunioj on 27.06.2006 at 19:35

@Lordz

are you serious??? love trey but better than chuck??????? do you play guitar my friend???? Trey can rip a 7 strig Ibaniz guitar but can he do that while screaming his lungs off???? Kerry King from slayer would be a good comparison to trey but please dont even go there with CHuck