Metal Storm logo
Crematory

09.06.2006 - 09:08
TheKreator
Account deleted
Ok...it's kinda weird nobody started this topic yet, so i'll do it Let's face it..Crematory is one of the bestmetal bands Germany has given us ( and there are a lot) ...I couldn't say that the instrumentist are very technical, but as long as the genre doesn't require it...they do their job very well Felix's voice is awesome, and the death influences catch really well...This is one of my all time favourites bands, with such classics as "Tears of Time", "Caroline","Awake", "Temple of Love", "Waiting", and the list can go on and on..so..what do you say about this awesome band?
09.06.2006 - 11:18
Vunts

Damn you. I would have done this topic today and had my name as the creator Oh well, no harm done. A thread is a thread
I adore this band. It's among my favourites. There are so many awesome songs by them that i don't even know where to start. "Fly" is one that i'd add to your list. That song is just pure awesomeness. And i love all their slow songs and instrumentals. "Moonlight" is also something of extraordinary as well as "Open Your Eyes". The vocals are both among the best i've heard. Growling is so smooth and the transition between them and the clean vocals is...just great.
My favourite CD however, is Illusions. And it presents the song that shares the nr 1 spot with "Fly". It's named "Lost In Myself". The reason why Illusions is the top CD is that whenever i listen to it, i think that this rocks. But whenever i listen to the other great songs, i think that Illusions was better. Their "One" cover is also a masterpiece. I don't like the original version because i pretty much despise the vocals, so it ruins everything about Metallica for me. Crematory made "One" sound like they had written it. Sure it's basically a very different song than their usual stuff and can be easily seperated from their original material, but that doesn't matter imo.
Maybe when i have more time later, i'll add more stuff here, but maybe i'll just get into a discussion and things will revolve like that. Cheers on making this thread!

EDIT: of course there are many many more songs that i enjoy by them, but it would get too long to mention them all.
And the real reason for this edit is that i don't know how i could have forgotten about the keyboards. This band presents them in the BEST way i've ever heard em used. The melodies she (Katrin- keyboardist) creates are just one of a kind. Now i may be over-enthusiastic here, but it doesn't really matter, cos this band deserves all the praise they can get.
10.06.2006 - 05:51
Surtur

This is an awesome band, but sincerely Revolution was a piece of shit, it seems to industria metal, sometimes nu, well we know that this band wasn't always like this, cd's like ...Just dreaming, Illusions, and specially Crematory mae this band great, I have to say that I miss that kind of music.

Maybe the clean voices have never been the best ones, but wow the growls are powerful and aggresive, and you're right headbang the keyboards are fucking great specially in songs like Illusionen or Ist es wahr...
----
" And every angel needs a tear to laugh "
10.06.2006 - 08:35
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Vunts on 09.06.2006 at 11:18

Damn you. I would have done this topic today and had my name as the creator Oh well, no harm done. A thread is a thread
I adore this band. It's among my favourites. There are so many awesome songs by them that i don't even know where to start. "Fly" is one that i'd add to your list. That song is just pure awesomeness. And i love all their slow songs and instrumentals. "Moonlight" is also something of extraordinary as well as "Open Your Eyes". The vocals are both among the best i've heard. Growling is so smooth and the transition between them and the clean vocals is...just great.
My favourite CD however, is Illusions. And it presents the song that shares the nr 1 spot with "Fly". It's named "Lost In Myself". The reason why Illusions is the top CD is that whenever i listen to it, i think that this rocks. But whenever i listen to the other great songs, i think that Illusions was better. Their "One" cover is also a masterpiece. I don't like the original version because i pretty much despise the vocals, so it ruins everything about Metallica for me. Crematory made "One" sound like they had written it. Sure it's basically a very different song than their usual stuff and can be easily seperated from their original material, but that doesn't matter imo.
Maybe when i have more time later, i'll add more stuff here, but maybe i'll just get into a discussion and things will revolve like that. Cheers on making this thread!

EDIT: of course there are many many more songs that i enjoy by them, but it would get too long to mention them all.
And the real reason for this edit is that i don't know how i could have forgotten about the keyboards. This band presents them in the BEST way i've ever heard em used. The melodies she (Katrin- keyboardist) creates are just one of a kind. Now i may be over-enthusiastic here, but it doesn't really matter, cos this band deserves all the praise they can get.

wow....i didn't quite expect such good resones from anyone on this band....anyway, it's nice to see that crematory still has it's fans...sry for ruining your chances of creating this topic....it's been on my mind for quite a long time now...oh well, cheers brother may the spirit of crematory live on ...have you seen them live?
10.06.2006 - 12:44
Vunts

Nope. There's...never been an opportunity. I don't go out of my country for concerts and they haven't been here yet. I think i haven't even heard a live song by them on my PC...which sucks. Not hearing a live version of a band means that a whole area is undiscovered.
You seen them live?
10.06.2006 - 12:59
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Vunts on 10.06.2006 at 12:44

Nope. There's...never been an opportunity. I don't go out of my country for concerts and they haven't been here yet. I think i haven't even heard a live song by them on my PC...which sucks. Not hearing a live version of a band means that a whole area is undiscovered.
You seen them live?

nope and it sucks...but i heard a live version of Is Es Wahr and Tears of Time ...oh well..maybe we'll meet at a concert of theirs soon
10.06.2006 - 13:03
Vunts

Yeah. There's always a possibility. I have met people that i've been talking to over the internet at concerts. It's cool. How was Tears of Time anyways? What i mean is, how did it sound?
11.06.2006 - 22:58
TheKreator
Account deleted
Written by Vunts on 10.06.2006 at 13:03

Yeah. There's always a possibility. I have met people that i've been talking to over the internet at concerts. It's cool. How was Tears of Time anyways? What i mean is, how did it sound?

astonoshing ...it was just as the album version, but the only inconvenience is that you can't hear the keyboards which sound really nice in the recorded version...; i've been wanting to ask you...how did you find the album "Revolution" ? to many came as a disappointment...but i, for one like it...not one of their best...but not such as "St.Anger" for Metallica
12.06.2006 - 14:16
Vunts

Well, Revolution imo wasn't a bad release. It had a few awesome moments and the general direction wasn't as bad either. More industrialish. Open Your Eyes for example has an awesome intro and the song itself ranks rather high in my eyes also. A rather unique release for Crematory anyways. They opened a new page with this release. But it doesn't bother me. The CD i find least interesting is Crematory. Maybe it's the german language present there, but i generally don't have any songs that stick out too much from there. Except for Trugbilder. So we're sortof in the same boat regarding Revolution.
19.08.2006 - 20:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Surtur on 10.06.2006 at 05:51

This is an awesome band, but sincerely Revolution was a piece of shit, it seems to industria metal, sometimes nu, well we know that this band wasn't always like this, cd's like ...Just dreaming, Illusions, and specially Crematory mae this band great, I have to say that I miss that kind of music.

Maybe the clean voices have never been the best ones, but wow the growls are powerful and aggresive, and you're right headbang the keyboards are fucking great specially in songs like Illusionen or Ist es wahr...

Nu metal what?

Its gothic, something emotional and soemthing whit death, specely early Crematory, I hawnt ehar leither and this year wortk, but firts two albums sonds like death metal, whit soem gothic influencies, specely lyricaly and after years band poems are worts and worts, whats wrong whit all bands, why all poems and lyrivcs after eyars are worst

New album calls''Klagebilder''
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.08.2006 - 02:28
Alf~rad

Written by Surtur on 10.06.2006 at 05:51

definitly not nu . cheat out everything since lyrics songs names what does it means . and their music nee youst not nu . anyway thats my opinion XD .
----
29.09.2006 - 02:30
-sean-
Account deleted
hey guys help me please!!I want to know what crematory will sing at the romanian festival in october.it will be songs only from "Klagebilder"?I think it's a good album but it would be a shame because I don't know nothing in german:P.so does crematory has any songs that are traditionally played at concerts?thanks a million
04.10.2006 - 05:43
reload3591

Written by Guest on 29.09.2006 at 02:30

hey guys help me please!!I want to know what crematory will sing at the romanian festival in october.it will be songs only from "Klagebilder"?I think it's a good album but it would be a shame because I don't know nothing in german:P.so does crematory has any songs that are traditionally played at concerts?thanks a million

The usual repertoire for Crematory includes Ist Es Wahr, Ewigkeit, Tears of Time, Fly, Temple of Love, Eyes of Suffering, and For Love. I've never actually seen them live, but I would expect them to show off their new songs and play alot of their classics, but probably not too many from the in between albums. It's just a guess based on the setlists I've seen. Klageblilder is a great album (much better than Revolution) and it's worth listening to even if you don't know German which I don't. I just like to look at the lyrics and try to memorize as much as I can.
09.10.2006 - 23:44
WindMyth
Account deleted
Crematory is one of the best Germany bands, I like it's covers, and some of their songs, but I haven't heard a lot to give a good opinion, my favorite song is "For Love".

The voices rule...
20.04.2010 - 21:06
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Funny how the following album always has a track named after the title of the previous. Interesting.

But overall I see this band as boring, uninspired and average. The Believe album back in 2000 was the only worth release so far, for mixing the Death and Gothic (two genres that do not sound good together imo) elements most perfectly.

Nice to see that at least the growls from Felix had increase in quality over the band's flood of useless albuns in the 90ths.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
06.09.2011 - 13:08
JD
Account deleted
I've heard their Revolution, and found this awesome song "Farewell Letter" if someone knows any similar song to it, please let me know.
29.01.2015 - 07:28
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Crematory Working On New Album.

"Crematory will take a break from all live activities in 2015 to focus 100% on recording a new album. All planed shows for 2015 had to be in 2016. "

Source.

Last time I heard something from Crematory was in '11 listening to "Act Seven". It was a good album. Great mix of Gothic/death ingredient adding melodic element was just pure fun. Since then I have lost contact and didn't listen to any records after that.
05.02.2015 - 23:02
Their new album is just a club shit. The soul is not alive anymore for Crematory.
18.05.2017 - 15:26
ultrablue

I still hold out hope. Look at Paradise Lost... They wandered the pop-rock desert for years before coming back home.