Metal Storm logo
Asphyx

Original post

Posted by Narterath, 09.06.2006 - 15:39
An oldschool Death Metal band from the Netherlands
I only have The Rack, and I must say, it is a pretty good album, some great riffs and vocals on that album.
Anyone else know this band? I bet you oldschool freaks have every album of theirs
07.02.2012 - 01:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by BitterCOld on 07.02.2012 at 01:37

Written by Apatheria on 07.02.2012 at 01:27

New record in just three weeks! Here's another new track, "We Doom you to Death"

It's a death/doom anthem. That riff is so vile.

you might be new here, but are turning into one of my favorite people by virtue of being bearer of good news... Negru Bunget US Tour then this...

I am quite sure you 'liked' the song on Facebook when I posted it a couple of months ago
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.02.2012 - 01:50
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.02.2012 at 01:42

I am quite sure you 'liked' the song on Facebook when I posted it a couple of months ago

did i? might have been ftunk when i did. or happy for the news but spaced it with too much other stuff going on. i almost never check albums/songs out in advance. i am content to wait until the actual album comes out.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.02.2012 - 01:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by BitterCOld on 07.02.2012 at 01:50

did i? might have been ftunk when i did. or happy for the news but spaced it with too much other stuff going on. i almost never check albums/songs out in advance. i am content to wait until the actual album comes out.

well, like I said it was already released in May, so it was part of an official release even though now it seems to be surfacing on Deathhammer as well.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.02.2012 - 01:57
Apatheria
Yeah, it'll be track #8 among the ten track onslaught of Deathhammer.
----
Heavy metal is the law.
24.02.2012 - 10:03
Beer Fairy
24.02.2012 - 22:53
Apatheria
Niiiice!

Listening to it now; not too shabby so far. Asphyx have always been pretty straightforward with high energy, and this is no exception. Minefield is the best track thus far.

EDIT: The doom tempo songs were the standouts of the record. Unfortunately, the uptempo death metal songs were all by the numbers and didn't really vary from track to track. Lack of variety hampered what could have otherwise been a fantastic record.

Who knows, maybe the faster tracks will grow on me?
----
Heavy metal is the law.