Metal Storm logo
Within Temptation - Guitarist Forced To Sit Out Tour

Guitarist Robert Westerholt has posted on the band's website that he will not be joining the rest of the band on the tour that will start on 10 January. Robert explains that reason for this is that he has severely bruised his right thumb, which makes it impossible for him to play guitar.

Within Temptation will be playing with 5 members only, and no new tour member will be filling in Robert's place.

Source: within-temptation.com
Band profile: Within Temptation
Posted: 10.01.2008 by Bararey

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 140 users
10.01.2008 - 20:00
velvet

... They're not getting a session musician? Erm - I know WT are heavy on the symphonics (and now sadly synthetics), but to just leave out a guitarist, wtf?
10.01.2008 - 22:58
LYnX

damn.. this guy is funny to me=)
----
11.01.2008 - 00:02
Promonex
Cathemeral
Written by velvet on 10.01.2008 at 20:00

... They're not getting a session musician? Erm - I know WT are heavy on the symphonics (and now sadly synthetics), but to just leave out a guitarist, wtf?

They do have two guitarists, you know?
----
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu... This is the truth! This is my belief! ...At least for now.
- The Mystery of Life, Vol. 841 Ch. 26
11.01.2008 - 02:05
iaberis
Advice Troll
Doesn't affect me since they are not coming here :p
----
Bitch! Please
11.01.2008 - 04:45
RhaegarTargaryen
Telcontar
Too bad, but no sessien guest guitarist, now that's a bit wierd.
----
... For years I have traveled in coldness,
But my heart is warm as the darkened sun above me...
Nothing can never take away
What I've seen with these tired eyes
11.01.2008 - 05:26
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
not really. i can see why they would not want to get a session guitarist. their music might suffer if theyre heavy on symphonics like velvet said. i wouldnt want to replace one of my bandmates if i were in a touring band, unless it was absolutely necessary. but thats just me.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
11.01.2008 - 13:32
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
I saw them yesterday with only a guitarist, and it sounds great anyway!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
12.01.2008 - 13:53
Deadsoulman

It's not like you can hear the guitars anyway. Nowadays they rely on symphonics and have a weak live guitar sound, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hits total: 3680 | This month: 3