Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Single Details Announced

Swedish metallers In Flames have announced that the first single taken from the new album will be entitled "The Mirror's Truth." The single will be released on 7th March 2008 via Nuclear Blast Records. This is a European single and will not be available elsewhere.

The single will include the following tracks:

01. The Mirror's Truth
02. Eraser
03. Tilt
04. Abnegation

The cover artwork for the single was created by Alex Pardee, and he has also done all the artwork for the album.

Source: inflames.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 11.01.2008 by =maD.Doc:.

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 146 users
11.01.2008 - 14:19
Warman
Erotic Stains
Sure I'll get it. I mean... it's In Flames. I don't really have any hopes for it but it would be awesome to be surprised. Also, a lot of songs for being a single! Ugly artwork though.
----
11.01.2008 - 14:24
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Yeah, the artwork is really interesting, not pretty at all, but very original. I think it will come out very good! I mean, for my part, I love Abnegation.
11.01.2008 - 14:28
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Strange artwork... oh well, that's not important...
Abnegation is a good track, I hope in a great album...
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
11.01.2008 - 14:55
selken
Irreligious
New logo??
Only in Europe???
this kind of discrimination will be punished with massive download
----
11.01.2008 - 15:14
Stigmatized
Maybe the dumbest artwork I've ever seen.
11.01.2008 - 16:52
AnarChrist
hahaha nice that someone still has a taste for older Limp Bizkit -style covers in the world lol
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
11.01.2008 - 17:03
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I though the cover art was really cool and the new logo is better than both old ones, or well, I liked the new one but it doesn't look like a metal logo.
The title "Tilt" is pretty cool, but no hopes, no hopes
11.01.2008 - 17:11
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
Oh jeeeebus what the FUCK is up with that artwork / logo? It looks like a freekin Korn album....hmm dunno why Im surprised tho. Bet the music isnt gonna be any better either.
11.01.2008 - 17:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
The new logo better than both old ones? Ehh, well at least not better than their first! That one was really cool.
----
11.01.2008 - 20:55
Eight
Shapeshifter
Yeah, the artwork is defenetly not like IF, but would really like to hear them. at the very least, will give 'em a chance..
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
11.01.2008 - 22:03
Locke
Account deleted
Abnegation was a joke and so is the new logo. I lol'd heartily at what In Flames now calls music.
11.01.2008 - 22:24
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Eraser...A Hypocrisy cover? Unlikely but it would be cool.
----
Coldgrits
11.01.2008 - 23:21
Sepulchre
Lord Hypnos
Im dissapointed in the new song, Abnegation, and the artwork looks crappy. Im not even going to try to get my hopes up for anything they put out in the future.
12.01.2008 - 01:29
foschino
Account deleted
Nah, guys, wtf are you saying?
The artwork is real Death Metal style, because In Flames love their fans, people who followed them from the beginning. This is So-Real. In Flames don't care about trends. In Flames is True.
12.01.2008 - 02:31
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Don't think it's a new logo, just something that's used to fit the artwork. Think they still use the logo that first saw daylight with STYE. And the more I watch the artwork, the more I like it. It's, as I said earlier, a really interesting piece of art
12.01.2008 - 05:03
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
The artwork and everything is an absolute abortion....but I thought "Abnegating" was a pretty cool title (Reminded me of Abnegating Cecity from Meshuggah)...and then I heard the song - oh fuck. It sounds EXACTLY like the shit they played on the abortion called Come Clarity. Suddenly that disgusting cover isnt quite as bad as the music.
12.01.2008 - 07:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
MOST EMO COVER EVER
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
12.01.2008 - 08:57
H-metal
I hope it sounds better than Abnegation on Viva La Bands. A great song with a lame production. Reminded me of Peter Tagtren's terrible taste. Low drums sound and noisy guitars.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
12.01.2008 - 09:03
H-metal
Written by Guest on 12.01.2008 at 01:29

Nah, guys, wtf are you saying?
The artwork is real Death Metal style, because In Flames love their fans, people who followed them from the beginning. This is So-Real. In Flames don't care about trends. In Flames is True.

Death metal artwork? Looks more like The Offspring or a Ramones cover to me.
----
I listen to metal before you were even born...
12.01.2008 - 12:52
foschino
Account deleted
yeah, it was ironic, got it?
12.01.2008 - 15:31
metalhead86
wow, what a cool artwork... LOL... maybe they'll change their name later into In Korns or whatever lets hope that the new cd wont be like the last 3...
08.02.2008 - 14:01
anars
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 11.01.2008 at 22:03

Abnegation was a joke and so is the new logo. I lol'd heartily at what In Flames now calls music.

Please, for future reference you should be explicitly subjective in your posts. Write something like "In my opinion, the new blah is bad because of.. blah". Anyway, I doubt what you wrote got someone thinking "hey, this dude is right!". I admire your creativity by taking the nickname of John Locke in LOST (the show). I lol'd heartily when I read your post.
08.02.2008 - 14:03
anars
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 12.01.2008 at 07:39

MOST EMO COVER EVER

Really? Check out MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, A7X or something similar. Their cover art is the probably the most emo shit ever. Including the actual music, in my opinion. (See what I did here, Locke?)

EDIT: check out the artist's website, of the new In Flames cover artwork: http://www.eyesuckink.com/
09.02.2008 - 01:59
Locke
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 08.02.2008 at 14:01

Written by Guest on 11.01.2008 at 22:03

Please, for future reference you should be explicitly subjective in your posts. Write something like "In my opinion, the new blah is bad because of.. blah". Anyway, I doubt what you wrote got someone thinking "hey, this dude is right!". I admire your creativity by taking the nickname of John Locke in LOST (the show). I lol'd heartily when I read your post.

Well that's just your opinion. In my opinion, I don't think I need to constantly remind people that I am stating my opinion every time I post what is obviously an opinion. I'm opinionated like that. Also, in my opinion In Flames are terrible and they can all eat a bowl full of dicks. The nick comes from the philosopher, not Lost btw.
09.02.2008 - 05:08
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 08.02.2008 at 14:03

Written by LeChron James on 12.01.2008 at 07:39

MOST EMO COVER EVER

Really? Check out MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE, A7X or something similar. Their cover art is the probably the most emo shit ever. Including the actual music, in my opinion. (See what I did here, Locke?)

EDIT: check out the artist's website, of the new In Flames cover artwork: http://www.eyesuckink.com/

i refuse to recognize both of those bands as legitimate music producing entities. and come on, in flames is supposed to be a METAL band, not gravitating towards unlistenable music like previously mentioned "bands"
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 4475 | This month: 9