Metal Storm logo
Death Metal Guitarist Battle

Original post

Posted by Dangerboner, 14.01.2008 - 07:09
First off, before anyone complains, I didn't add Chuck Schuldiner because all you fuckers would vote for him. If there's one thing I've learned it's that you never put Metallica or Death in a poll. Also, I did not add Muhammed Suiçmez because if I added him, people would bitch about other technical death metal guitarists not being in the poll, and I'm going more for just regular death metal, which can still be technical. I know there's tons of great death metal guitarists that aren't in the poll, but there's only nine slots so it was hard for me to narrow things down. Oh, and by hard I mean it took me over an hour to do it (time well spent at work LOL), and I wouldn't be surprised at all if I missed someone. Also, I avoided some really underground death metal guitarists because I knew they wouldn't have a chance in this poll.

I'm voting for John Gallagher, but it was hard for me to choose between him and Terrance Hobbs. He crams in so many fucking riffs in each song and plays pretty technically at a fast pace. The fact that he plays at such a high skill level and still does vocals is also impressive.

*I couldn't fit all the bands that James Murphy played in, so I kept the two big ones.

Poll

Who is your favorite from the list?

Trey Azagthoth (Morbid Angel)
Karl Sanders (Nile)
James Murphy (Obituary, Death)
Jack Owen (Deicide, Cannibal Corpse)
Vogg (Decapitated)
Terrance Hobbs (Suffocation)
John Gallagher (Dying Fetus)
Bob Vigna (Immolation)
Tony Lazaro (Vital Remains)

Total votes: 115
12.05.2011 - 22:42
Beastofmetal456
Account deleted
I changed my mind. Definitely the dude from Suffocation. Best solos of all time.
06.06.2011 - 13:00
algirdongas
What about Muhammed Suiçmez the guitarist of necrophagist?he's fucking inhuman.anyone who listened to Onset probably would agree.
08.06.2011 - 05:40
king_matt
Written by algirdongas on 06.06.2011 at 13:00

What about Muhammed Suiçmez the guitarist of necrophagist?he's fucking inhuman.anyone who listened to Onset probably would agree.

I agree, but I voted for James Murphy.
----
http://www.last.fm/user/King_Matt