Metal Storm logo
What about latin american metal ?

Original post

Posted by Ascalon, 16.01.2008 - 05:42
I would to know your opinnion about latin american bands ... and all the metal scene in South and Central America ... I know that's such smaller in comparison with European or American metal scene ... but we have here really good bands like

Renacer (Argentina), Rata Blanca (Argentina), V8 (Argentina), Weichafe (Chile), Six Magics (Chile), Brujeria (Mexico)... I don't know .. what do you know in the rest of the world ?? ... seeing that in the data base of MS you can't find too much.
07.03.2008 - 07:24
Evil Chip
Angra, Shaman, well everything thats in or was Andre Matos. Weichafe is a great band from my country too.
07.03.2008 - 07:34
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Evil Chip on 07.03.2008 at 07:24

Angra, Shaman, well everything thats in or was Andre Matos. Weichafe is a great band from my country too.

Weichafe are good but they're not metal at all. I f you wanna hear a good Chilean band in the vein of Weichafe that truly play METAL, with important Sepultura influence, check Huinca.
07.03.2008 - 10:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 07.03.2008 at 07:34

Written by Evil Chip on 07.03.2008 at 07:24

Weichafe are good but they're not metal at all. I f you wanna hear a good Chilean band in the vein of Weichafe that truly play METAL, with important Sepultura influence, check Huinca.

Maybe you can coment my firts post here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.03.2008 - 21:54
Evil Chip
I just checked huinca they are really good, more thrashy by the way. Weichafe is an amazing band thet have some metal influences I think, but yes they are more hard rock or something like that. Six Magics is another great chilean band.
Has anyone checked Andre Matos solo band? He still puts out great material.
07.03.2008 - 21:56
Evil Chip
Huinca has great latin influences in the druming. Its nice to see nice bands from the country I live.
08.03.2008 - 07:04
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Vitokogvy on 01.03.2008 at 04:24

Peruvian Bands:

Mortem
Anal Vomit
Icarus
Epilepsia
Orgus

the best ones for me in my country

Peru has an amazing black and death metal scenes... Hadez, Goat Semen, Mortem Black Angel and Anal Vomit are ultimate classics among the south american underground.
08.03.2008 - 07:09
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 16.01.2008 at 22:29

Well well well its quate good scene BTW but only in Brazil(dark/doom/gothic ) and chilan doom scene I wont give long post I wont post a lot of I wont post name sof famouse bands but only of fiew bands what i had in my PC fiew songs mp3 in PC from those bads
go to MA and discovere like I did

Argentina - 1917, Abaddyon , Aonikenk, Argen, Artes Negras, Avernal, Bosipherius, Dæmentia, Daksha, Decrepify, Diadema Tristis, Dormantgod, Dragonauta, Fongoit Stream, Heulend Horn, Mestifal, Mitternacht, Oniria, Qhwertt, Those Endless Eyes

Brazil - A Sorrowfull Dream, Abske Fields, Adagio, Amos, Atheistc, Austhral, Avec Tristasse, Before Eden, Blood Tears, Clenched Fist, Distarnisch, Doomsday Ceremony, Empurius, Eternal Sorrow, Frozen Pain, Hermit Age, In Perfetuum, Inquisição, Keptrancour, Lacrimatory, Mighty, MX, My Fallen Garden, My Trenody, Of The Archaengel , Ordo Natum Bamay Crom, Orquídea Negra, Prophetic Age, Rosa Ingnea, Seduced By Suicide, Serpent Rise, Tenebra, Throns of Evil, Vulkro, Wardeath

Chile

Abyss, Architect Of The Most Terrible Dreams, Aurahiemis, Betrayed, Bewitched, Bitterdusk, Black Moon, Deadeloth, Dark Templar, Denun, Dharohg, Doomcide, Drakher, Funeral in Autumn, Hate Rising, Hetroertzen, Hidden, Lupus Dei, Noctus, Ralmador, Regnum Et Mortem, Seas of Torment, Uden, Voice Transmissions With The Deceased

Columbia - Eternal, Funertal Dusk, Guahaihoque, Heart of Darkness

Dominican Republic - Infernal Requiem

PS I had all pf those bands and I choose those countries because other countries sint special in metal, I would say boring

So
Chile
Brazil
Argentina

Interesting, I didn't even know the name of most Chilean bands you named, and I consider myself pretty into the scene of my country.

I actually think we have a rather strong scene inside south america, I would dare to say only below Brazil, but yes it is in doom metal where Chile highlights. Bands like Mar De Grises, Bitterdusk, Poema Arcanus, Sarkus, Lacrymare Rerum, Thee Sounds Ov Decay, Daedeloth, Aura Hiemis among others are the proof.

But now, the best Latin American doom metal band belongs to Argentina an it is Fungoid Stream
08.03.2008 - 09:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 08.03.2008 at 07:09

Well well well its quate good scene BTW but only in Brazil(dark/doom/gothic ) and chilan doom scene I wont give long post I wont post a lot of I wont post name sof famouse bands but only of fiew bands what i had in my PC fiew songs mp3 in PC from those bads
go to MA and discovere like I did

Argentina - 1917, Abaddyon , Aonikenk, Argen, Artes Negras, Avernal, Bosipherius, Dæmentia, Daksha, Decrepify, Diadema Tristis, Dormantgod, Dragonauta, Fongoit Stream, Heulend Horn, Mestifal, Mitternacht, Oniria, Qhwertt, Those Endless Eyes

Brazil - A Sorrowfull Dream, Abske Fields, Adagio, Amos, Atheistc, Austhral, Avec Tristasse, Before Eden, Blood Tears, Clenched Fist, Distarnisch, Doomsday Ceremony, Empurius, Eternal Sorrow, Frozen Pain, Hermit Age, In Perfetuum, Inquisição, Keptrancour, Lacrimatory, Mighty, MX, My Fallen Garden, My Trenody, Of The Archaengel , Ordo Natum Bamay Crom, Orquídea Negra, Prophetic Age, Rosa Ingnea, Seduced By Suicide, Serpent Rise, Tenebra, Throns of Evil, Vulkro, Wardeath

Chile

Abyss, Architect Of The Most Terrible Dreams, Aurahiemis, Betrayed, Bewitched, Bitterdusk, Black Moon, Deadeloth, Dark Templar, Denun, Dharohg, Doomcide, Drakher, Funeral in Autumn, Hate Rising, Hetroertzen, Hidden, Lupus Dei, Noctus, Ralmador, Regnum Et Mortem, Seas of Torment, Uden, Voice Transmissions With The Deceased

Columbia - Eternal, Funertal Dusk, Guahaihoque, Heart of Darkness

Dominican Republic - Infernal Requiem

PS I had all pf those bands and I choose those countries because other countries sint special in metal, I would say boring

So
Chile
Brazil
Argentina

Interesting, I didn't even know the name of most Chilean bands you named, and I consider myself pretty into the scene of my country.

I actually think we have a rather strong scene inside south america, I would dare to say only below Brazil, but yes it is in doom metal where Chile highlights. Bands like Mar De Grises, Bitterdusk, Poema Arcanus, Sarkus, Lacrymare Rerum, Thee Sounds Ov Decay, Daedeloth, Aura Hiemis among others are the proof.

But now, the best Latin American doom metal band belongs to Argentina an it is Fungoid Stream

I just mention all bands what I have from thos ecountries, maybe ot album but songs, and I search all those bands , but there was more what I think I will like, but I have no mp3 from those bands
----

apos;'
[image]
08.03.2008 - 10:29
Number Juan
What about Asesino, Brujeria and all those Mexican/Californian bands of death/grindcore?
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
08.03.2008 - 11:14
wrathchild
staff
[...] Adagio [...]

Unless there's another Adagio around than Adagio, I'd say that Adagio is nothing like a latin american metal band. Sure, the new singer is from Brazil, but the band is French.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
08.03.2008 - 14:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by wrathchild on 08.03.2008 at 11:14

[...] Adagio [...]

Unless there's another Adagio around than Adagio, I'd say that Adagio is nothing like a latin american metal band. Sure, the new singer is from Brazil, but the band is French.

No you're wrong
http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=11294

Death/doom metal

http://www.doom-metal.com/bandlist_entry.php?id=698

http://www.myspace.com/adagiodoommetal

I like that band quate good, romantic death doom emtal whit dark touches, realy good band and in myspace has new songs gonna dounload those songs
----

apos;'
[image]
21.03.2008 - 20:15
Southern Wind
Account deleted
There's a relatively new Chilean band that everyone into southamerican style black/thrash should check. They're called Patecabra (a colloquial word refering to the devil), and last year they released a truly fantastic debut FL (called "El Horror"). They obviously follow the tradition of acts like Sarcofago, Pentagram and Death Yell, but their music is more sophisticated than the before mentioned acts. And they're no way less brutal! Their music i pretty slow by times, but heavy and diabolic as fuck, they create a totally nasty atmosphere.

http://www.myspace.com/metaldelpatecabra
21.03.2008 - 20:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Adagio Bra be edd soon, its almosut full whit info so soon band be here
Go and try it a good brazilan doom
----

apos;'
[image]
22.03.2008 - 03:14
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 21.03.2008 at 20:28

Another very interesting Brazilian doom metal band are Through The Valley, although it's weird to note that such a harsh and crude funeral doom has Christian lyrics.

They're signed to NULL, Stijn Van Cauter's own record (Until Death Overtakes Me, Beyond Black Void etc etc)
22.03.2008 - 09:38
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.03.2008 at 03:14

Written by Bad English on 21.03.2008 at 20:28

Another very interesting Brazilian doom metal band are Through The Valley, although it's weird to note that such a harsh and crude funeral doom has Christian lyrics.

They're signed to NULL, Stijn Van Cauter's own record (Until Death Overtakes Me, Beyond Black Void etc etc)

I think I know it I have no mp3 but I know band
----

apos;'
[image]
02.04.2008 - 05:37
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Kraken. Colombia's biggest metal band ever.
They play heavy metal. They've been around for almost 20 years or so.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
04.04.2008 - 17:57
Uller
Angra its great, and tuatha de dannan or what ever you write it; and sepultura besides i dont like them its a great band, the problem here its that no one gives suport to local bands so its really hard to succeed, but hey!! i would like to hear some cumbia metal yeah!!.....lol just kidding;D
----
04.04.2008 - 18:15
Makosh'
Account deleted
ooh,i can't imagine that...latin american metal...i think it's soo strange...i should listen that...where can i download this?
04.04.2008 - 18:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 04.04.2008 at 18:15

ooh,i can't imagine that...latin american metal...i think it's soo strange...i should listen that...where can i download this?

hmm www.metal-archives.com and than follow to links in band profiles
----

apos;'
[image]
09.04.2008 - 22:30
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 04.04.2008 at 18:15

ooh,i can't imagine that...latin american metal...i think it's soo strange...i should listen that...

What do you mean with strange?

PS: Whoa, this is my 3000 post!
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

09.04.2008 - 22:35
Makosh'
Account deleted
my crazy imagination drawing a paintings with bob marley and iron maiden....)))
10.04.2008 - 04:02
tubarão
Account deleted
Silent Cry is a nice gothic metal band from brazil! Here's the myspace profile: http://www.myspace.com/silentcrybr
;-)
10.04.2008 - 05:05
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 09.04.2008 at 22:35

No way, debushka, you'd be surprised to see the exreme harshness of south american metal
10.04.2008 - 22:44
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

Indeed crazy, given that Bob Marley was not Latin american.
Listen to Rata Blanca, Kraken, Shaaman, Angra, Andre Matos, Masacre...
Your crazy imagination will be stunned!
----

10.04.2008 - 23:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.04.2008 at 22:44

he is latin because ilsnads counts too and dont tecah ger about bad bands she shood try chilain and braziliaian doom
----

apos;'
[image]
11.04.2008 - 00:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bad English on 10.04.2008 at 23:58

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 10.04.2008 at 22:44

he is latin because ilsnads counts too and dont tecah ger about bad bands she shood try chilain and braziliaian doom

No man, he's not. Islands don't count as Latin America. They're not even part of Central America.
That's why in the map books it appears as "Central America and the Caribbean"
Most of teh island were colonised by France and The Neetherlands.
----

11.04.2008 - 00:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.04.2008 at 00:04

[No man, he's not. Islands don't count as Latin America. They're not even part of Central America.

Ok i kmow about colonialism history but ther eno good metal anyway, Rum, Cigars, coffy but not metal
----

apos;'
[image]
11.04.2008 - 00:17
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Bad English on 11.04.2008 at 00:09

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 11.04.2008 at 00:04

[No man, he's not. Islands don't count as Latin America. They're not even part of Central America.

Ok i kmow about colonialism history but ther eno good metal anyway, Rum, Cigars, coffy but not metal

And reggae
----

11.04.2008 - 02:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Has anyone mentioned Jesusmartyr from Argentina here? Great band that somehow reminds me and a lot fo other people of early to mid Sepultura. They have signed to Dutch label Rusty Cage Records and theuir album will be re-released through their new label.

Saw them live in October supporting Detonation at Detonation's 10th Anniversay Gig and Jesusmartyr did really impress me and the rest of the crowd, although everyone was there for Detonation. Talked to the guys a bit after the gig and they are really nice. They have this sort of punk mentality to them although they play a thrash/death crossover.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

11.04.2008 - 03:38
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Exousia

They're christian and play melodic death metal!