Metal Storm logo
Axxis

18.01.2008 - 19:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
German heavy metallers Axxis have been going a long time now, getting on for 20 years since their first album was released - and now have had a new lease of life since the turn into this century, and even more so this past year.
I am sure many more people will have looked into them after touring with Helloween and Gamma Ray as part of the Hellish Rock tour which can only be a good thing for the band.
They aren't too original, even though there are some female vocals in there in the more recent albums but they do what they do well and put on a good live show too. The last three albums have all been great to listen to, as are the classics on "Kingdom Of The Night".

So, what is the current opinion on Axxis?
18.01.2008 - 20:40
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
As you said, getting on for 20 years since their first album was released. But I discovered them just few years ago. I mus say that their last album, entitled "Doom Of Destiny", really impressed me. Ok, it's not an album full of originality, but compositions and production are good and there's a powerfull side in their sound.
I shall have liked a lot seeing them on their recent tour to see the live result of recent songs. Perhaps next time ...
18.01.2008 - 21:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like only firts 2 realises I had lsitened tham but newer staff I dont like its to meoldioc for me
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
18.01.2008 - 23:11
Opium
Account deleted
I've heard every album apart from their debut and their latest. Their 2nd latest impressed me the most, and is arguably the most Metal album they've released, since I find them to be more Hard Rock than anything else. The vocalist's accent can also reduce the quality of the music at times, although I soon became accustomed to his voice after several listens. It's been a while since I have given them a listen though.
21.01.2008 - 21:54
Darkest Hour
I bought their newest album and I thought it rocked. They manage to stay heavy though they are very melodic!
I saw them with Helloween and Gamma Ray in Stockholm, they where great.
21.01.2008 - 22:05
Son of Odin
I liked the 2 first releases, saw them as support to Black Sabbath on sabs Headless Cross tour.
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
25.01.2008 - 16:50
Baz Anderson
Staff
yeh, their first two albums are really great - they have a really good feel to them that isn't there so much with the new albums..
but oh well, they are still a gret band these days
25.01.2008 - 18:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 25.01.2008 at 16:50

yeh, their first two albums are really great - they have a really good feel to them that isn't there so much with the new albums..

IMO thay are all of band, all its like other band after first 2 albums, I had lsitened tahm leitehr albums and I didnt like tham
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.01.2008 - 18:39
Number Juan
I liked Paradise in Flames. Very melodic and solid album.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
27.01.2008 - 10:55
MetalMiker
Account deleted
I love Axxis... they have some great songs. Stand outs for me have been their first 2 albums and their albums since Back To The Kingdom. Bernhard Weiss has a unique voice and he sings with a lot of emotion. I wouldn't say they sound too much like other bands. At least I've never really noticed any similarities between them and other bigger bands.
27.01.2008 - 16:15
wrathchild
Staff
I love them, but I haven't listen to many of their albums. I'm just blown away everytime I have the chance to see them live, whatever song they choose to play renders perfectly on stage. I especially like it when they have Lakonia with them and play songs like "Angel Of Death" or "Tales Of Glory".

As said before, they manage to be heavy with a great rock touch, and a sort of "flower metal" smell but without the boring and repetitive part of it and a great presence on stage. Their enthusiasm passes on to the crowd so easily that it's hard to not get into it. Plus they're funny guys (especially Bernhard)
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
27.01.2008 - 17:38
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah, I know this band... I know them since the time they had had only 4 fans here, with me inside them! Haha! Well, I don't consider myself a fan of them anymore, but I like their music, well most of the times... They're good, but nothing really special...
----
Bitch! Please
17.02.2008 - 22:20
Gegers
Account deleted
Oh God Axxis is my favourite band just after Scorpions. I dsicovered them in 2001 with BAck to te kingdom and fell in love with their music. Some albums are quite weak (like Matters of survival or Voodoo Vibes), but most of them are simply amazing, like Eyes of darkness (my favourite one). From their three last albums I would say that Paradise in flames is the best one, but Doom of destiny is also worth buying!

I'm part of the french fan-club www.axxis-france.fr , feel free to join!
17.02.2008 - 22:32
wrathchild
Staff
Written by Guest on 17.02.2008 at 22:20

I'm part of the french fan-club www.axxis-france.com , feel free to join!

Hey Gegers! I corrected your link, it's not ".com" but ".fr"
As a matter of fact, I know several of the founders of the French fan club, thanks to the Raismesfest. Say "Hi" to them for me
May we meet at Raismesfest this year!
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
17.02.2008 - 22:38
Gegers
Account deleted
Thanks for correcting me!

Oh so you know my colleague Mike and Phil, I'll tell them about you!

I just conducted an interview with Marco Wriedt (the new guitarist in the band). Axxis is going to start writing a new album straight away and play a couple of shows this year, so we better expect a new album in 2008! Great news isn't it?