Metal Storm logo
Lewis Carroll (alice in wonderland/snark/jabberwocky etc)

18.01.2008 - 21:20
Bas
Retired Staff
Lewis Carroll is bestknown for his masterpiece Alice' Adventures In Wonderland and it's follow-up Through The Looking Glass And What Alice Found There further he's pretty wellknown for the Jabberwocky poem featured in through the looking glass which is one of the best known poems that makes use of portmanteau, he also wrote The Hunting Of The Snark, the most brilliant poem i've ever read, recommended to absolutely everyone with a sense of humour, and Sylvie And Bruno, which i have, but haven't read yet

i personally regard him as a genius, nothing less, his word play is fantastic as are the contents of all his works, in a different way
also he was into the number 42 long before the hitchhiker^^
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
18.01.2008 - 21:25
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
http://www.metalstorm.ee/forum/topic.php?topic_id=829

Though not a huge fan, I always enjoy his works, those that I know. Quite quirky and gives you food for thought.
----
The force will be with you, always.
18.01.2008 - 21:55
Bas
Retired Staff
ah, sorry i didnt see that thread as i searched only for "carroll" and "alice" in topic titles
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
29.01.2008 - 14:17
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I am a fan. I'm actually doing an oral presentation about "Jabberwocky" on thursday. And it was so fun to read it and investigate Lewis Carroll's writings. I had read him before on linguistics but now I could appreciate his genius creativity.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram