Metal Storm logo
Battlelore

19.01.2008 - 15:18
Bararey
Winter is Coming
I'm surprised not to find a thread created already for Battlelore. But anyways, Battlelore is fantasy metal band from Finland that lyrically focuses on Tolkien's Literature.

So far they have released 4 CDs and one DVD. The band is working on a new 2008 release and they're planning to enter the studio by the end of March.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
19.01.2008 - 15:20
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Battlelore vocalist Tomi has updated the band's myspace player to stream a song from the 2000 Dark Fantasy promo CD. The track is entitled "Northern Crown."

If it is from 2000 I am assuming that Patrick is on the vocals.
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
19.01.2008 - 15:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I was suprised too about it realy no tread
Im not huge fan of band I mena I dont listen it so offen, but sometimes listen it but I like vidoes and lyrics those lyrics can criate good cold finish winter atmosfere into muisc
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.09.2008 - 09:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
I really like the artwork for the latest Battlelore album, "The Last Alliance." I've heard a few tracks from it on their myspace, and it seems to be in the same vein as Evernight is. I enjoyed some of the tracks off of that album, though not necessarily as much as I enjoyed their older albums. However, I still love the band, and hopefully it will be a pleasant surprise when the full length is finally available

It looks like the limited edition is coming with a bonus DVD, which should at least make taking a chance on the purchase of it without hearing the rest of the album a good thing
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
15.09.2008 - 17:08
Janne
Hugin
this is a band I'll check out when I have enough time..
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
16.09.2008 - 05:45
Dark Blood
The Avenger
You should Janne..
I'm surprised there was no thread either from this band Battlelore are really talented IMO. I love everything about them.. the power they transmite, the melodies, the lyrics, and also both vocals. Kaisa's voice has a great feeling just by itself..
I'm having great expectation on their new album. Can't wait
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
16.09.2008 - 08:47
Tórnach
Account deleted
They're actually really good. I like their way of doing it, though the lyrics get a bit cheesy, but I don't pay much attention to it and just accept the epicness.
06.10.2008 - 07:27
Susan
Smeghead
Oooh I love Battlelore. They really know how to develop a rich mood and keep it alive for the whole album. I just ordered the new album today and am so excited. Evernight was one of my underrated albums of 2007
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
06.10.2008 - 07:32
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Susan on 06.10.2008 at 07:27

Oooh I love Battlelore. They really know how to develop a rich mood and keep it alive for the whole album. I just ordered the new album today and am so excited. Evernight was one of my underrated albums of 2007

Yes, yes It took me quite awhile to appreciate "Evernight," but it really grew on me as the year went on. I've pre-ordered my cd/dvd copy already and hopefully it will be here soon after its release on Tuesday! I have been listening to the promo that I received and am slowly letting it sink in this time, but I really want to see that MFV performance to give me a "live" experience - as close as I can get
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
06.10.2008 - 07:44
Susan
Smeghead
All I've heard is their little promo medly on myspace. Very enticing! dismal, you're so lucky to have heard more! Yes, I too am excited for the bonus DVD. What a nice little gift

re: Evernight. Yes, at first I thought it was just ok but way too repetitive. Slowly I began to appreciate the uniqueness of how each moment interprets the rich mood. The Cloack and the Dagger probably remains my favourite.

(Maybe one day they'll tour the US in support of some crappy band that actually sells CDs here.. ahh that'd be nice, hehe!)
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
06.10.2008 - 08:54
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Susan on 06.10.2008 at 07:44

All I've heard is their little promo medly on myspace. Very enticing! dismal, you're so lucky to have heard more! Yes, I too am excited for the bonus DVD. What a nice little gift

re: Evernight. Yes, at first I thought it was just ok but way too repetitive. Slowly I began to appreciate the uniqueness of how each moment interprets the rich mood. The Cloack and the Dagger probably remains my favourite.

(Maybe one day they'll tour the US in support of some crappy band that actually sells CDs here.. ahh that'd be nice, hehe!)

regarding touring with a more popular band here in the US - you are right, that's how it will be, for sure! And knowing my luck, they'd tour here in April and be shoved into the metal festival at 4 in the afternoon for a lengthy 20 minute set But you know, one good thing about touring with (over)popular headliners: I can leave early and beat all the traffic and still make it to work the next day!

Yes, the new Battlelore started getting weekly plays on my metal show so yes, things are very promising on the new CD for sure. There is more clean/background male vocals than I recall on any previous CD, so that's a new element I'd say. I'm still more partial to the songs that focus around Kaisa's vocals as I love her tone, so I'd have to say my pick from the "Evernight" CD is "Longing Horizon."

I still say that Battlelore is a band that I'd be willing travel abroad again for, perhaps something will work out in 2009 if they can't tour here!
----
30.07.2009 - 21:00
Zmaj Ognjeni Vuk
To Mega Therion
A fan in the making here. Been listening this bans for last couple of days (mostly The Last Alliance album), and I my say they are very enjoyable. Kaisa has a very sweet voice.
----

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they all stink.
31.07.2009 - 10:21
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I saw them live last November on Finnish Fire tour and i kinda liked it...especially the singer with "battle paint" on his face looked really great there...i also bought their T-Shirt "Last Alliance"
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

02.07.2010 - 00:40
Sulac

Does anyone know where I can find American merch for Battlelore? They're one of the earliest metal bands I ever listened to and I want to show my love and affection for 'em, but I can't find any shirts anywhere in America! (I don't really want to order from Europe, S&H reasons.)
14.10.2010 - 06:43
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Written by Sulac on 02.07.2010 at 00:40

Does anyone know where I can find American merch for Battlelore? They're one of the earliest metal bands I ever listened to and I want to show my love and affection for 'em, but I can't find any shirts anywhere in America! (I don't really want to order from Europe, S&H reasons.)

Well, oddly enough Battlelore just updated their myspace with a blog about the American merch, which can be ordered from Hot Topic. Just one shirt design, but one is better than none! Link: here

They also mention the new album is done, mastered, and artwork complete in the said blog
----
18.10.2010 - 14:26
RavenKing

Always hated this band. An example of mediocrity and crappiness.
And the female vocalist is unbearable, she sounds as if she's about to fall asleep.
----
They shake your hand and they smile and they buy you a drink
They say we'll be your friends we'll stick with you till the end
But everybody's only looking out for themselves
And you say who can you trust I'll tell you nobody
18.10.2010 - 22:24
Sulac

Written by Jason W. on 14.10.2010 at 06:43

Written by Sulac on 02.07.2010 at 00:40

Well, oddly enough Battlelore just updated their myspace with a blog about the American merch, which can be ordered from Hot Topic. Just one shirt design, but one is better than none! Link: here

They also mention the new album is done, mastered, and artwork complete in the said blog

Pretty awesome shirt, I must say!
Thanks!
22.10.2010 - 13:09
ddd4727

Hi guys ,, how r u doing ,,, the style of bettleore is simply awesome ,..
Battlelore mixes female vocals with harsh male growling in "beauty and the beast" duet backed by heavy guitar riffing and occasional keyboard interludes. The band's style is complex and takes elements from gothic metal, folk metal, power metal, and melodic death metal. Because of the ambiguity of Battlelore's music, different reviewers have labeled the band with each of these, as well as idiosyncratic terms such as "epic metal" or "fantasy metal

Battlelore's songs are all centered around J. R. R. Tolkien's Middle-earth. Tolkien inspiration also includes a distinctive stage pseudo-medieval dress and make-up.

Ù?Ù?دÙ?Ù?