Metal Storm logo
Dissection VS Bathory (old)

Original post

Posted by Fuath, 19.01.2008 - 22:59
i voted for dissection
mainly because their music has more depth to it, and they have killer riffs, with some great vocals
but i do like bathory because theyre one of the very first for black metal
it was really hard to decide because both bands were original

Poll

Dissection VS Bathor (old)

Bathory (old)
Dissection
Can't Decide

Total votes: 40
24.01.2008 - 23:57
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 24.01.2008 at 23:30

This thread made me think of a topic in the general metal forum about artists getting more praise after they've died... and as we all know (or should know) both Jon and Quorthon have gone the journey. I don't think it made any difference to Quorthon's fame though, I mean, he couldn't get any more praise... and he damn well earned it while he was here!

Please don't think that Dissection became famous because the death of Jon... because in that case... you're wrong.
The two first masterpieces that Dissection did [The somberlain & The stom of Light's Bane] were all ready well know by metal fans...

Jon died some time after the record Rein Kaos.. wich is... a very bad album.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
24.01.2008 - 23:59
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.01.2008 at 23:57

This thread made me think of a topic in the general metal forum about artists getting more praise after they've died... and as we all know (or should know) both Jon and Quorthon have gone the journey. I don't think it made any difference to Quorthon's fame though, I mean, he couldn't get any more praise... and he damn well earned it while he was here!

Please don't think that Dissection became famoues because the death of Jon... because in that case... you're wrong.
The two first masterpieces that Dissection did [The somberlain & The stom of Light's Bane] were all ready well know by metal fans...

Jon died some time after the record Rein Kaos.. wich is... a very bad albu.

You're right, Jon was a legend already in the '90s. At least here in Sweden.
----
25.01.2008 - 08:55
Sunioj
I agree, I think that notion is bullshit. Jon was always a legend even up to his release from jail.
26.01.2008 - 18:29
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by Warman on 24.01.2008 at 23:59

Written by X-Ray Rod on 24.01.2008 at 23:57

Please don't think that Dissection became famoues because the death of Jon... because in that case... you're wrong.

Jon died some time after the record Rein Kaos.. wich is... a very bad albu.

You're right, Jon was a legend already in the '90s. At least here in Sweden.

I didn't say anything about Dissection or Jon not being legendary long before Jon's suicide! I know they were and I was well into them myself before they reformed! All I said was that it reminded me of the thread, just because both artists are dead, that's all.
26.01.2008 - 23:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Aaaa ok.
In that case, I'm sorry ^^U
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
26.02.2008 - 14:33
NOИ
Dissection because Jon killed himself because of his beliefs.
08.09.2012 - 06:32
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I choose Bathory for sure. While Dissection released a magnificent album with Storm of the Light's Bane, I haven't really bothered to check the two albums bookending that one (I may in the future, but this is besides the point). I believe Bathory made more great albums (and more albums period) for us to enjoy, and that for me gets the vote. Plus Hammerheart is a masterpiece.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).