Metal Storm logo
Industrial/EBM/Electro/Noize

Original post

Posted by , 26.01.2008 - 04:39
Heyy. Msers, who here is into Techno/Industrial music? To me normal techno is too pop-like, but the Gothic version ov techno is the way electro dance music is supposed to sound . I love it!

Mortiis had a good release, but even deeper into the scene, i like Terrorfakt, Tactical Sekt, Grendel and God Module has some good track too.

who else likes Techno/Industrial?
08.05.2012 - 18:04
Edmund Fogg

Written by tea[m]ster on 06.05.2012 at 20:28

Hmmm, I find this boring...give me another rec Ed

I should have my PC next friday. I'll be then able to catch up on all the music I've been missing. But I only started a couple of month ago to get into this style of music so, I might not be the best guy to give out recs.
----
You cannot sedate all the things you hate - MM
The Observer is the source of reality - Bloom
God damn it!! What did Diddy didn't do? - Satan
10.05.2012 - 05:34
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Edmund Fogg on 08.05.2012 at 18:04

I should have my PC next friday. I'll be then able to catch up on all the music I've been missing. But I only started a couple of month ago to get into this style of music so, I might not be the best guy to give out recs.

Ahhh, ok, thanks for your honesty. Maybe JOOE the one to ask huh?
----
rekt
29.05.2012 - 19:00
Slayer666

Found out about these guys by accident, pretty sweet stuff:

And some extremely hot ass:

29.05.2012 - 21:22
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
God Module are the tits, though 'Let's Go Dark' and everything after blows bile-flavoured chunks unfortunately.
30.05.2012 - 00:21
Slayer666

Written by Guest on 29.05.2012 at 21:22

God Module are the tits, though 'Let's Go Dark' and everything after blows bile-flavoured chunks unfortunately.

I wonder if I'll ever be able to post a band and hear you say: "Oh, wow, that was great, thanks for the recommendation!" instead of: "Yea, I know their entire discography, you're a few years late to the party, junior". :/
30.05.2012 - 02:56
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Slayer666 on 30.05.2012 at 00:21

I wonder if I'll ever be able to post a band and hear you say: "Oh, wow, that was great, thanks for the recommendation!" instead of: "Yea, I know their entire discography, you're a few years late to the party, junior". :/

To be honest, any band that's formed, in this area of music, within the last 5 years or so I probably won't have a clue about. It's like a big void to me.
05.06.2012 - 18:40
ravendeath

Check out this band, though this song is not the best they ever did it's pretty psychic!
http://vimeo.com/12323703
05.06.2012 - 18:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by ravendeath on 05.06.2012 at 18:40
{vimeo}12323703{/vimeo}

That tag doesn't work here.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.06.2012 - 18:47
ravendeath

Written by Troy Killjoy on 05.06.2012 at 18:41

Written by ravendeath on 05.06.2012 at 18:40
{vimeo}12323703{/vimeo}

That tag doesn't work here.

Ups! Sorry, they don't have anything on you tube. I'll provide the link: http://vimeo.com/12323703
07.06.2012 - 04:51
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
26.06.2012 - 13:28
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Guest on 30.05.2012 at 02:56

Written by Slayer666 on 30.05.2012 at 00:21

To be honest, any band that's formed, in this area of music, within the last 5 years or so I probably won't have a clue about. It's like a big void to me.

Ok some reccos for you then

http://miloopa.bandcamp.com/album/unicode
http://bubblechamber.bandcamp.com/

I've been trippin gon Miloopa recently
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
28.06.2012 - 17:14
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Spirit Molecule on 26.06.2012 at 13:28

Ok some reccos for you then

http://miloopa.bandcamp.com/album/unicode
http://bubblechamber.bandcamp.com/

I've been trippin gon Miloopa recently

Umm, not really my thang =P I wouldn't put them in the same realm as EBM, one seems kinda dubstep-y and the other, I dunno, let's just say IDM, but not really the type that appeals to me.
28.06.2012 - 20:59
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by Guest on 28.06.2012 at 17:14

Umm, not really my thang =P I wouldn't put them in the same realm as EBM, one seems kinda dubstep-y and the other, I dunno, let's just say IDM, but not really the type that appeals to me.

Haha I don't know what EBM,IDM and the likes are
I seem to put everything under electro
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
05.07.2012 - 12:40
Slayer666

Well, this is something I've never expected I'd like. Nivek Ogre's solo project, basically a more poppy/danceable version of later Skinny Puppy.

05.07.2012 - 17:19
axelx666

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but i believe it is.

tell me if you like
----
"they can't stop us,let them try,for heavy metal we will die"
"on olemassa asioita karmivimmat yönä olen yksi heistä."
" we are the new bucolic,we are the pulse of the maggots"
"END"
28.08.2012 - 22:53
psykometal
A staff guy...
Some faves I have found recently in the last couple weeks would be:

Miss Construction being my most favorite, I have had that particular album on replay almost constantly...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

29.08.2012 - 00:19
Slayer666

Written by psykometal on 28.08.2012 at 22:53

Oh man, when I found that track some months back, I had it on replay for at least an hour. Too damn catchy. >_<
The guy in that video, Chris Pohl (who's also in the Miss Construction video) has a pretty sweet side project, Terminal Choice:

To be completely honest though, once I got completely familiar with Skinny Puppy's entire discography, my interest in the whole industrial/electro scene kinda faded. Simply put, there aren't many reasons to listen to other bands when SP have pretty much done it all and done it better.
29.08.2012 - 02:38
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Slayer666 on 29.08.2012 at 00:19

Oh man, when I found that track some months back, I had it on replay for at least an hour. Too damn catchy. >_<
The guy in that video, Chris Pohl (who's also in the Miss Construction video) has a pretty sweet side project, Terminal Choice:

To be completely honest though, once I got completely familiar with Skinny Puppy's entire discography, my interest in the whole industrial/electro scene kinda faded. Simply put, there aren't many reasons to listen to other bands when SP have pretty much done it all and done it better.

Yea, I both "Reich mir die hand" and "Ueber den Horizont" have received some pretty heavy listening from me. Yea I have done my research about Chris Pohl since discovering Blutengel and I am definitely a huge fan of that amazing man. I know about Terminal Choice but I am still in Electrohead mode (EBM/Electro/Hellectro/Aggrotech/Futurepop) atm and haven't taken the time to really get more into Terminal Choice because they are more Industrial/Shock Rock than Electro (at least from what I've listened to so far). I have been into Industrial and Electro stuff for several years and have listened to some Skinny Puppy stuff but nothing I have ever heard over the years has ever really grabbed me and made me want to really delve deeper into their material so I just haven't.
----

29.08.2012 - 20:58
Slayer666

Written by psykometal on 29.08.2012 at 02:38

I have been into Industrial and Electro stuff for several years and have listened to some Skinny Puppy stuff but nothing I have ever heard over the years has ever really grabbed me and made me want to really delve deeper into their material so I just haven't.

You can thank me later:

Also, check out some of their early live shows, like pre-1988. The way they manage to make the tracks sound even better live is just amazing. Not the case since the beginning of the nineties, though, 'cause Ogre lost his voice.
01.09.2012 - 06:45
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by axelx666 on 05.07.2012 at 17:19

Blue Stahli vid

Noice! Never heard of this guy before but the artwork in this vid reminded me a lot of Klayton/Celldweller (learned just exactly why after I decided to do some research on Mr. Bret Autrey ) so I checked it out and I love it, great music. Thanx for posting this!
----

10.09.2012 - 19:13
Yellax

Industrial/EBM/Electro/Noize is great stufff. I used to be a hardcore raver back in the day. Now that I am in my 30s, I don't do it as much but I still try.

Assemblage 23, Amdusia, KMFDM, God Module and Icon of Coil are amongst my faves...
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
10.09.2012 - 19:18
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Yellax on 10.09.2012 at 19:13

Industrial/EBM/Electro/Noize is great stufff. I used to be a hardcore raver back in the day. Now that I am in my 30s, I don't do it as much but I still try.

Assemblage 23, Amdusia, KMFDM, God Module and Icon of Coil are amongst my faves...

All great bands/artists, though A23 and God Module's stuff in recent times has left me very meh...
10.09.2012 - 19:26
Yellax

Written by Guest on 10.09.2012 at 19:18

Written by Yellax on 10.09.2012 at 19:13

All great bands/artists, though A23 and God Module's stuff in recent times has left me very meh...

Really? I found their cover of Gary Numan's Me! I Disconnect, the first song and ART as well as Minute To Midnight to be pretty kickass tunes...
----
I'm a furry. Get used to it.
21.11.2012 - 20:56
FinnishSammich

Anyone who listens to FLA, should I buy their "Civilization"-album? It's available for 7,90e at my local CD-shop.
25.11.2012 - 20:54
Void Eater
Account deleted

Don't listen to much EBM, but I like these guys a lot.
21.11.2013 - 12:08
wormdrink414

Don't know what qualifies as industrial/ebm, but my roommate's making some sick stuff and i'm posting it here
05.01.2014 - 21:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Just hoping someone else likes this kind of stuff:
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
22.02.2014 - 22:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Are there like.. Experimental or different aggrotech bands?
This genre is interesting, but after listening to a bunch of bands, it sounds that everyone wants to be Psyclon Nine.

Anyone knows bands with different vocal style, or blending other genre elements? Or any other thing that highlights them over the zillion existing bands?
----
- Reimu Hakurei
23.02.2014 - 01:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Karlabos on 22.02.2014 at 22:56

Are there like.. Experimental or different aggrotech bands?
This genre is interesting, but after listening to a bunch of bands, it sounds that everyone wants to be Psyclon Nine.

Anyone knows bands with different vocal style, or blending other genre elements? Or any other thing that highlights them over the zillion existing bands?

Aggrotech is the melodeath of the electronic world. Once you've heard a few you've heard them all. Not aggrotech but Mind.In.A.Box are considered to be somewhat "progressive" for a band in a similar field.
23.02.2014 - 17:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 23.02.2014 at 01:35

Mind.In.A.Box are considered to be somewhat "progressive" for a band in a similar field.

A bit softer and poppy than what I was expecting, but still pretty good. Thanks very much.
----
- Reimu Hakurei