Metal Storm logo
Raping Nirvana...

Original post

Posted by Ellrohir, 26.01.2008 - 21:30
how to rape perfect and legendary song in three minutes

Tarja Turunen - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Tarja appears at 0:57)
19.06.2008 - 00:16
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
hm...comparing Nirvana to Mayhem... hm...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

31.12.2008 - 19:46
Justice
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccccccccccccccccck
I don't believe in tarja more
03.01.2009 - 02:38
Gigginova
Account deleted
Otep also covered a Nirvana song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37ncqG_AoJk

I think it's an okay listen, as a Buddhist, It brings me happiness as she states what "Nirvana" means at the start of the song as it's the highest happiness, also I respect her for acknlowledging the artist

I believe Otep could be the best Nu-Metal band (and I despise 99% ov Nu-Metal!)
03.01.2009 - 12:50
Kanto
The Tarja song is...woow, you feel like a totally different song, actually you don't feel it .__.

About the Otep song, yeah I agree with Gigginova, it reminds you the Kurt's voice singing it
----
...Dude.
04.01.2009 - 18:44
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 03.01.2009 at 02:38

I think it's an okay listen, as a Buddhist, It brings me happiness as she states what "Nirvana" means at the start of the song as it's the highest happiness, also I respect her for acknlowledging the artist

Dude I'm totally speechless, I've heard many bands which covered Nirvana songs but this one is almost the worst one.. Even worse than Paparoach's version of Lithium.

Through women I think Tori Amos' Smells Like Teen Spirit is the best one.
16.01.2009 - 17:19
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Hamird on 30.04.2008 at 09:11

if Kurt Cobain knew that someday his legendary song will be covered like this he would never released that...
(i do like Nirvana but im dissapointed that be covered like this) i also heard that Shakira has covered this song during a live concert .. that is even worse than it...

shakira at least has some kind of bad girl attitude so i could picture a cover of it. tarja + nirvana =
16.01.2009 - 20:53
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted

she did it very nice, Ive liked it. I have the video and she didnt do nothin bad if u ask me. but I have to see Tarja's too. didnt yet
16.01.2009 - 22:03
Hamird
Lieutenant
Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 20:53

she did it very nice, Ive liked it. I have the video and she didnt do nothin bad if u ask me. but I have to see Tarja's too. didnt yet

Comparing to the original version it's not that nice.. Especially when it's one of the best Nirvana songs..
I personally like covers which bring something new. Like Tori Amos version of Smells Like Teen Spirit, or Fear Factory version of School. But such covers like this, or Fuel, Paparoach and ect are same with no innovate, so since they never can do the performance better than Nirvana, their covers suck, in my opinion.
16.01.2009 - 22:15
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
Written by Hamird on 16.01.2009 at 22:03

Written by Guest on 16.01.2009 at 20:53

Comparing to the original version it's not that nice.. Especially when it's one of the best Nirvana songs..
I personally like covers which bring something new. Like Tori Amos version of Smells Like Teen Spirit, or Fear Factory version of School. But such covers like this, or Fuel, Paparoach and ect are same with no innovate, so since they never can do the performance better than Nirvana, their covers suck, in my opinion.

its ur opinion and I respect it, but They did it with Nu-Metal Genre (I mean with a different type of music CAuse again I ahte too use genres). so, IMO, its a new thing and not a coppy.