Metal Storm logo
Byzantine - Disband After Eight Years

US Post-Thrash/Groove Metallers Byzantine have issued the following statement:

"In regards to the current state of Byzantine: As of today (Saturday, January 26) Byzantine is no longer a functioning band. Due to various circumstances the band will not be touring or performing together. We would like to first thank everyone that has supported this band throughout the years. You are the people that really made everything worthwhile and we are amazed at the wonderful response we have had from all of you. Because of you, we were part of something special and without you none of this would have been possible. Next, we would like to thank all the kickass bands that we have played shows with and hung out with. These were good times that we won't soon forget. It's with heavy hearts that we move on from this. Sincerely, from all of us in Byzantine, thank you so very much for the great experience that this was. Stay metal everyone. Montani Semper Liberi."

More info and downloads at this location.

Source: myspace.com
Posted: 28.01.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 11   Visited by: 50 users
28.01.2008 - 02:33
b0000mst1ck
lol, why would you break up 5 days after releasing an album? that's just dumb.
28.01.2008 - 02:33
-Valhalla-
Ah that sucks i was gonna try to get into them, and see them live.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
28.01.2008 - 02:40
b0000mst1ck
Written by -Valhalla- on 28.01.2008 at 02:33

Ah that sucks i was gonna try to get into them, and see them live.

lol, they were notorious for cancelling live shows. if they weren't busy with cancelling certain concerts it's because they were too busy with cancelling entire tours. my friends and i just started calling them canceltine. it suits them.
29.01.2008 - 00:13
DoomGuard
always sad to see a band disband

heh u get it? 'band' 'dis-band'...i like it...
29.01.2008 - 01:45
Curtis the Bum
Account deleted
huh, at least it was only "byzantine", like any really cares........
30.01.2008 - 06:05
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
Wow lol, I just started listening to them five days ago and now they break up haha, bad timing.
30.01.2008 - 08:21
DahliaRock
well I do care actually, they weren't a bad group indeed!

but oh well, who can be dumb enough to release their best album so far and then disband immediately? the guys must've been having some tough times!
30.01.2008 - 09:13
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LOL broke up 5 days after releasing an album. thats economical.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
31.01.2008 - 23:00
-Valhalla-
Written by b0000mst1ck on 28.01.2008 at 02:40

lol, they were notorious for cancelling live shows. if they weren't busy with cancelling certain concerts it's because they were too busy with cancelling entire tours. my friends and i just started calling them canceltine. it suits them.

Ha, I saw videos of them with Randy Blythe and they didn't seem too bad.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
01.02.2008 - 00:15
b0000mst1ck
Written by -Valhalla- on 31.01.2008 at 23:00

Written by b0000mst1ck on 28.01.2008 at 02:40

Ha, I saw videos of them with Randy Blythe and they didn't seem too bad.

yeah, they're one of the few post-thrash bands i enjoy. good stuff.
10.02.2009 - 00:30
JustGrimace
Account deleted
I hate to drudge up such old ass news, but with a new release(looks like a bunch of old stuff repackaged) coming up in a month, I feel alright asking this: Why did they break up? I never have been able to find a definitive answer. I saw them live about 2 years ago, they were awesome. Good guys too, not douchey like some bands.

Hits total: 1934 | This month: 4