Metal Storm logo
Worst letdown ever.

Poll

Which album is the worst crap you ever wasted your money with?

Metallica - St. Anger
Other worse (really?, tell us which)
Megadeth - Risk
These albums are not so bad
In Flames - Come Clarity
Sonata Arctica - Unia
Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet
Helloween - Chameleon
Kreator - Endorama

Total votes: 257
29.01.2008 - 04:21
selken
Irreligious
All these bands have been known for being elite both outside and inside metal world, but sometimes they got the wrong idea
Remeber when you were waiting even 3 years for your favorite band's brand new album, you run to the store buy the album (in a higher price cause is hot, you don't even want to wait until it gets cheaper) and back to your home or in your car you put that disc with that smell of new and push "Play" and you say WTF IS THIS??? Did I got a wrong album??, you check the cover and nop your nightmare is not, this albums sucks, well, that happened to me with last Sonata's album, I was about to crash my father's car because of the shock, well, I think you got my point, lets talk about your experience, tell us which album dissappointed you the most and how was your experience. C'mon ppl talk and get back here
----
29.01.2008 - 07:19
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
i have to say Stratovarius - Stratovarius the latest album it is awful any edguy album can beat this shit
----
Stay Metal !!!
29.01.2008 - 07:45
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Obviously St. Anger out of all the listed options...I remember having these really high hopes for that album back in 2003 and how it really let down so many people and they've been having all these problems trying to put out a new album since...
29.01.2008 - 08:04
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
None of the above, I dont hate Risk, In Flames are consistently shitty from the start, and Metallica had been releasing garbage albums leading up to St.Anger, mine goes to Iron Maidens 'A Matter Of Life And Death' I was bored stiff by that album, the albums leading up to it didn't seem nearly as bad.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
29.01.2008 - 09:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hehhehe man its not posiible tell all of tham,. but from list i say ALL are there, there are fiew good abums mousty in doom and old early BM and 80ties who are good, nowdays albums are CRAP
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.01.2008 - 09:47
Harmonic
Account deleted
I'd say my biggest letdown was Fear of the Dark. I thought No Prayer for the Dying was a half-decent album - although a bit shoddy in places - and figured that FotD would be an improvement. Not so. The album is packed chock full of the most lame songs Maiden has ever produced. I figure that only 5 of the 12 tracks are worthy of the Maiden name, making this CD the biggest stinker in my collection. I keep it for what little is worthwhile. It really should've been an EP.
29.01.2008 - 15:31
Skeggjadr
Account deleted
Written by Doc G. on 29.01.2008 at 08:04

None of the above, I dont hate Risk, In Flames are consistently shitty from the start, and Metallica had been releasing garbage albums leading up to St.Anger, mine goes to Iron Maidens 'A Matter Of Life And Death' I was bored stiff by that album, the albums leading up to it didn't seem nearly as bad.

Iron Maiden's latest effort was indeed the biggest steaming pile of shite I've ever been subjected to coming from a once great band. One of the things that made them great was that they never took themselves too seriously... but now they write songs about god and stuff with really mincy lyrics and they don't wear ridiculous clothes on stage. They've lost a lot of my respect. And then when I went to see them they subjected me to the whole album! I was pissed off!
29.01.2008 - 18:20
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
I haven't bought any of these albums. Yey me. But I do buy a lot of albums from bands I don't know, so I'm letdown quite often.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
29.01.2008 - 20:27
matthioso
As on of not so many metalstormers I like Metallica's St. Anger, SA's Unia, CoB's Are You Dead Yet and In Flames' Come Clarity,... and yes I also like Iron Maiden's A Matter Of Life And Death.

Srry for you guys, but I was not as dissapointed as the most of you
----
www.seedofrock.be
29.01.2008 - 21:11
Valentin B
Iconoclast
not for me, but for the whole metal world back in 2003 i think St. Anger was the biggest disapointment ever, i mean they kept going on and on with how 'complex just like justice' it will be, how Lars would beat the crap out of the drums and how skull-crushingly heavy it would be, and it turned out to be a smelly pile of bantha shit...
29.01.2008 - 21:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 29.01.2008 at 09:47

I'd say my biggest letdown was Fear of the Dark. I thought No Prayer for the Dying was a half-decent album - although a bit shoddy in places - and figured that FotD would be an improvement. Not so. The album is packed chock full of the most lame songs Maiden has ever produced. I figure that only 5 of the 12 tracks are worthy of the Maiden name, making this CD the biggest stinker in my collection. I keep it for what little is worthwhile. It really should've been an EP.

No way IM cant be letdown man thay are not and neve rwill be but since thay start play whit Agered Severfoge (or what was correcr spelling of band) its Im realy disapointed whit IM
----

apos;'
[image]
30.01.2008 - 01:29
marillionfan
Account deleted
St Anger was one my biggest disappointments. I don't listen to In Flames or Children of bodom, but the rest of the albums mentioned in the list are OK with me; Kreator's Endorama was great, I admired the fact that they tried something different; the same with Helloween's Chameleon. Megadeth's Risk is not great but it's good, i like it for one. Sonata Arctica's Unia is enjoayable, i liked it.
Malmsteen's recent works are tiresome and annoying somehow, he does the same thing over and over, nothing new, the same Blackmore meets Bach sound; being fast on the guitar ain't enough when there's little emotion there. At least that what I think.
30.01.2008 - 02:24
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 29.01.2008 at 15:31

Written by Doc G. on 29.01.2008 at 08:04

Iron Maiden's latest effort was indeed the biggest steaming pile of shite I've ever been subjected to coming from a once great band. One of the things that made them great was that they never took themselves too seriously... but now they write songs about god and stuff with really mincy lyrics and they don't wear ridiculous clothes on stage. They've lost a lot of my respect. And then when I went to see them they subjected me to the whole album! I was pissed off!

I would be super pissed! Since from what I here Iron Maiden tickets are a hard thing to get, and they arent cheap either. I dont think Id even bother going.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.01.2008 - 02:25
Warman
Erotic Stains
Kaptain Sun's Rainbowride is the worst shit I own... but it just costed me a dollar or something like that and I had no expectations of it since I'd never heard the band. The biggest letdown must be... hmmm... Nation by Sepultura? That album is pure crap.
----
30.01.2008 - 08:23
marillionfan
Account deleted
I'm surprised if not shocked to see people hating Iron Maiden's last album. I thought it is one of their best works in years. I like it a lot; everybody's entitled to an opinion, of course. one man's enjoyment can be another's diappointment.
30.01.2008 - 13:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Guest on 30.01.2008 at 08:23

I'm surprised if not shocked to see people hating Iron Maiden's last album. I thought it is one of their best works in years. I like it a lot; everybody's entitled to an opinion, of course. one man's enjoyment can be another's diappointment.

me too, it was better than brave new world and 100x better than the blaze albums, Fear and No Prayer..
30.01.2008 - 18:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
well, I know this will sound like heresey here, but for me it would be
Metallica - Metallica (yes that pile of shit which is also referred to as the Black Album)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.01.2008 - 20:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.01.2008 at 18:50

well, I know this will sound like heresey here, but for me it would be
Metallica - Metallica (yes that pile of shit which is also referred to as the Black Album)

Agreed.

Megadeth "Countdown to Extinction" scores second place.

I have tried repeatedly on these forums to express how big a fan of both bands I was when these albums were released, and how horribly let down I was when they were released. I simply cannot put it into words.

Carcass - "Swansong" - coming off of "Heartwork", this was just terrible.

Machinehead - "The Burning Red" is 4th. I loved them after catching them touring with Slayer and picking up their debut - it seemed to blend the best elements of three bands I was into at the time - Biohazard, Sepultura, and Pantera. Second album, "The More Things Change" was decent, was slower but still heavy. "The Burning Red" didn't even make it a complete spin through my stereo before I gave it away to a friend.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
30.01.2008 - 21:11
marillionfan
Account deleted
Scorpions - Eye to Eye - 1999; a big disappointment - although there are a few good songs in there (Mind like a Tree, Yellow Butterfly, Eye to Eye, 10 Light years Away), but as for the rest, they're the least inspired work Scorpions has ever produced - you'd better stay away from this album. I never thought i'd say such a thing about a Scorpions album.
30.01.2008 - 23:29
W-Lash
Metal Master
What about the new Dimmu Borgir album?
31.01.2008 - 00:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I disagree whit Marcel about Metallica Black Album, because after that album band change name sucktallica Im not Black Album fan but it still are good even not so good how older once

I disagree wht BitterCold about Megadeth because till Youthonesia band sucks

W-Lash - DB all albums sucks only firts 3/4 are good
----

apos;'
[image]
31.01.2008 - 00:30
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Bad English on 31.01.2008 at 00:02

W-Lash - DB all albums sucks only firts 3/4 are good

It doesn't matter how good or bad are all albums. In this case only the worst one matters and in my point of view it is the last one.
31.01.2008 - 00:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
No DB last one are quate good lil better how leithest but than never will be like 1994 even how much thay try

BTW WTF Kreator endorama doing in poll, good Gothic album, better how leither thrash, real thrash Kreator was from birth till 1991
----

apos;'
[image]
31.01.2008 - 04:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
My biggest letdown probably is The X Factor by Iron Maiden. I hadn't heard Blaze prior to purchasing that album, and most people seemed to think it was the best album of his era, so I decided to randomly buy it. I still can't understand how people can like it - Blaze just might be the shittiest vocalist I've ever heard in my life. Everything sounded awkward and he missed so many fucking notes. I became obsessed with it because of how bad it was; I literally listened to it over and over again not being able to believe that a band like Iron Maiden could make such pure shit. If a high school band wrote The X Factor, they wouldn't even get signed.

Thank god it only cost me $4.
31.01.2008 - 04:52
Harmonic
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 31.01.2008 at 04:22

My biggest letdown probably is The X Factor by Iron Maiden. I hadn't heard Blaze prior to purchasing that album, and most people seemed to think it was the best album of his era, so I decided to randomly buy it. I still can't understand how people can like it - Blaze just might be the shittiest vocalist I've ever heard in my life. Everything sounded awkward and he missed so many fucking notes. I became obsessed with it because of how bad it was; I literally listened to it over and over again not being able to believe that a band like Iron Maiden could make such pure shit. If a high school band wrote The X Factor, they wouldn't even get signed.

Thank god it only cost me $4.

I'm sure X Factor would have been the biggest letdown in my collection, but I decided not to buy it after listening to Fear of the Dark.
31.01.2008 - 05:02
ASiema113
A band w/no orginality whatsoever...belef w/ their album "Infection Purification"....most of you have probably never heard of them....lets keep it that way

Went out on a limb and decided to pick it up, since the store tagged it as "good fast black metal". Turned out to be your basic Panzer Division Marduk rip off...

The only compliment I will give them is that it must take a good amount of durability to play at that speed at such long periods of time...other then that it's purely unlistenable...

...And how exactly did these guys ever get on Candlelight???
----

Written by Guest on 18.01.2008 at 09:05

People are always at their very best when they're dead.
02.02.2008 - 00:58
Bulletdodger
Written by Guest on 30.01.2008 at 08:23

I agree with you , their new album is not as good as the older ones from the 80' , but is still a great album.
As for the biggest letdown is In flames , I didn't buy the album , a friend of mine said to me :"Give me a disk to burn you this crazy shit." I was indifferent to In Flames , but Come Clarity sucks , I'm still mourning about that wasted disk .
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
02.02.2008 - 01:14
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
aaaahhh I forgot about Dream Theater's Ocatavarium! In high school I was a huge fan of them and I even spent something like $25 to preorder that album from a local CD store. Generally, if I like a band's previous works, but hate their new album, I'll still be a fan of their older shit, but no....not in this case. Ever since hearing that piece of shit I don't even consider myself a fan of that band anymore, even though they are extremely talented and have made some fucking amazing music in the past. I mean, let's put this into perspective - Train of Though was (and still is) my favorite Dream Theater album by far. Somehow they managed to make their next album as bad as Ocatavarium turned out to be, which doesn't even have one song that I like. I believe the fifth song, Panic Attack, starts out cool, but then goes downhill fast. I lost so much respect for them with that album.

Iron Maiden's The X Factor is a much worse album, but Octavarium was a bigger letdown to me. But, my "other" vote still applies.
02.02.2008 - 01:49
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 02.02.2008 at 01:14

Somehow they managed to make their next album as bad as Ocatavarium turned out to be, which doesn't even have one song that I like. I believe the fifth song, Panic Attack, starts out cool, but then goes downhill fast. I lost so much respect for them with that album.

You obviously haven't listened to Systematic Chaos...go and download or buy it now because it's better than Octavarium...
02.02.2008 - 01:53
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Guest on 02.02.2008 at 01:49

Written by Dangerboner on 02.02.2008 at 01:14

Somehow they managed to make their next album as bad as Ocatavarium turned out to be, which doesn't even have one song that I like. I believe the fifth song, Panic Attack, starts out cool, but then goes downhill fast. I lost so much respect for them with that album.

You obviously haven't listened to Systematic Chaos...go and download or buy it now because it's better than Octavarium...

Obviously I bought it because it's in my collection. I think it sucks too, but at least there's like....two good moments on it. HOW DID THEY GO DOWNHILL SO FAST???!!!?? But yeah, it's better than Octavarium.

Maybe they just raised the bar too high?