Metal Storm logo
Cavalera Conspiracy

31.01.2008 - 22:11
Cut-Throat

Ok so here goes. The new project from Max & Igor Cavalera. I can only imagine Many of you will have high hopes and many of you will have doubts.

Before any slagging starts I suggest you go here www.myspace.com/cavaleraconspiracy scroll a bit down the page and download the 2 songs and listen to them and then give your opnion on what you think.

I personally like the songs and I am looking forward to hearing the whole album and its good to finally see Max and Igor have made peace!
01.02.2008 - 07:32
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I don't have the internet and I probably shouldn't download shit at work, so can someone please describe how it sounds? Does it sound like Soulfly or Chaos AD-era Seplultura? I can't imagine them being pure thrash like they used to be, and they aren't on M-A (yet), so I don't know what to expect.
02.02.2008 - 05:58
LethargyMan

Hmm...

So it's Soulfly minus the whole "tribal" thing. That's okay, I suppose. The two songs here move at the same mid-tempo pace, broken apart by Solos that sound like they were ripped out of a Nile album.

Actually... it kinda sounds a couple of Derrick-era Sepultura songs with Max singing instead.

My final opinion: Cavalera Conspiracy is a stupid name. I'll probably buy it anyway.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
02.02.2008 - 06:34
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
I'll have to agree with LethargyMan, sounds like Max singing Green-era Sepultura. Nothing wrong with that, but it's not Thrash like the first time the brothers were together. A much more Groove oriented sound. Modern Max Cavalera if you ask me. Not bad, but nothing gripping.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.02.2008 - 19:48
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
It sounds good but there's something missing... similar to Soulfly's sound and not as Old Sepultura as I hoped it was... Anyway is good to see the Cavalera brothers back together and I'll have to see them live!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
08.02.2008 - 03:52
RockeRoy

I actualy found the entire album to download with amaizing speed on rockbox, i can't wait for the album so i have to download it! i buy it if it's good ofcourse, and i'm sure it is:)
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
08.02.2008 - 19:56
RockeRoy

The album could have been the follow up to Soulfly's amaizing The dark ages, it is very similar to the dark ages! at first i was a little dissapointed, not becasuse the album is bad, but becasue i had hoped for some more!! but after a couple of listens it's an amaizing album in my opinion!
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
11.02.2008 - 11:09
Ereinion
Account deleted
I am a big fan of anything Max Cavalera related so i am going to check this out for shure
13.02.2008 - 10:35
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Written by Dangerboner on 01.02.2008 at 07:32

I don't have the internet and I probably shouldn't download shit at work, so can someone please describe how it sounds? Does it sound like Soulfly or Chaos AD-era Seplultura? I can't imagine them being pure thrash like they used to be, and they aren't on M-A (yet), so I don't know what to expect.

See if another Smurf can download it and put it up on our site as a playable stream.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.02.2008 - 03:54
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
They finally uploaded two new songs on their MySpace and they're actually pretty good. I don't remember Dante XXI, but the Cavalera Conspiracy songs sound better than most of the newer Sepultura songs and most Soulfly. Rockeroy is spot on when he said it sounds like the follow up to Dark Ages.

I'll probably buy it.
18.02.2008 - 19:40
Damnated
Churchburner
they sound rather uninspired. i listened to the album only once. but i wasn't impressed at all. maybe it will sink in by time, but i doubt it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.02.2008 - 03:56
iaberis
Advice Troll
They fucking own! I loved the first two songs they released and even more the rest of the album when i downloaded it. Can't wait till it gets released so I can buy it. Really good stuff. I've been expecting too long for a good record by these two brothers. Too bad they didn't rejoin in Sepultura.
----
Bitch! Please
01.03.2008 - 16:27
Stigma
Account deleted
I've listened few tracks now and I really like them, the upcoming album is on my list.
11.03.2008 - 07:57
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I just downloaded it and I'm only halfway through the album, but so far it just makes me really fucking happy. Sometimes it sounds like straight up like Sepultura, and it's more consistent than any Soulfly album. It's not amazing or anything, and the songwriting isn't as good as I had hoped, but I'm sure most fans of the Cavaleras will like Inflikted.

And what the fuck is Andreas Kisser still doing in Sepultura??? I'd rather have him in Cavalera Conspiracy than Marc Rizzo, even though Marc is a better soloist.

Edit - hmm, the more I listen to it, the less I like it....but yeah, still good xD I'd probably give it a 7/10 or something.
11.03.2008 - 17:37
Nyxgrinder

I got the whole album and it is good clean hard core thrash, 11 tracks to enjoy the power of that hard noise........Do any of you know Nailbomb?
11.03.2008 - 18:34
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Call me a wimp or whatever but being a die hard early Sepultura fan I would probably shed tears seeing Max and Igor playing together again.... I look forward to hearing some of their stuff.
11.03.2008 - 18:34
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Call me a wimp or whatever but being a die hard early Sepultura fan I would probably shed tears seeing Max and Igor playing together again.... I look forward to hearing some of their stuff.
11.03.2008 - 19:31
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Nyxgrinder on 11.03.2008 at 17:37

I got the whole album and it is good clean hard core thrash, 11 tracks to enjoy the power of that hard noise........Do any of you know Nailbomb?

Nailbomb! That's a really good sound!!
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
21.05.2008 - 13:32
orc

Sadly their album is pretty uninspiring. It's not very bad either, especially the first tracks, but I expected a "whoah"-effect when these guys were playing together again, but it's not there. Too high expectations, I guess.
----
http://www.nihilistikrypt.net
http://www.myspace.com/nihilistikrypt
22.05.2008 - 00:09
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
Written by Dangerboner on 11.03.2008 at 07:57

I just downloaded it and I'm only halfway through the album, but so far it just makes me really fucking happy. Sometimes it sounds like straight up like Sepultura, and it's more consistent than any Soulfly album. It's not amazing or anything, and the songwriting isn't as good as I had hoped, but I'm sure most fans of the Cavaleras will like Inflikted.

And what the fuck is Andreas Kisser still doing in Sepultura??? I'd rather have him in Cavalera Conspiracy than Marc Rizzo, even though Marc is a better soloist.

Edit - hmm, the more I listen to it, the less I like it....but yeah, still good xD I'd probably give it a 7/10 or something.

From Chaos A.D. forward the stuff these guys come up with is too upfront, with that flow and in your face one-dimensionality in riffs. There is no more playing around with killer riffs like the start of Dead Embryonic Cells, no riffs changes that come out of nowhere catching one unexpectedly. That is something that has been lost and maybe for ever.

The lyrics back then were different. They wouldn't even rhyme verses a lot of times but I used to prefer how the songs lyrically turned out at the end, rather than this display of hatred in lyrics and of this "I'll beat you down" attitude that Max writers lyrics with. I guess that this may be his last option nowadays to retain aggressiveness in lyrics after dropping the Anti-Religion themes.
----
Christless
17.06.2008 - 09:24
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by LethargyMan on 02.02.2008 at 05:58

Hmm...

So it's Soulfly minus the whole "tribal" thing.

My final opinion: Cavalera Conspiracy is a stupid name. I'll probably buy it anyway.

Actually, there's some (very few) tribal elements in a couple of songs... in the middle of ''Inflikted'' and ''Terrorize''... ''Bloodbrawl'' has the charachteristic long instrumental ending of Soulfly's songs.

And ''Cavalera Conspiracy''??? You're right about that... its a fucking stupid name... looks like these politcal themed cheesy punk bands, that dont know absolutly nothin about politics, but think that their song is changing the world... ow Max...

Edit: Forgot to mention ''Dark Ark''... obvious tribal elements since the first second.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.06.2008 - 18:13
Candlemass
Defaeco
There debut was actually some laid down some nit groove metal, fuck! it kills.
Very recommnded for the genre lovers, and even open minded thrash fans.
Its a mix between Sepultura's best output IMO, that is ARISE and another band...named Soulfly.
Could very much end up in your top 2008 albums, try it.
21.06.2008 - 11:31
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
I finally gave this a listen through a couple of songs on youtube. Eh, I can live without it, which I don't like to say because I always thought it was a shame that Max left Sepultura and stopped talking to Igor, and gradually Soulfly became worse and worse. It's fairly understandable but I don't think the old Sepultura sound will come back, that's just what I grew up listening to so I'm a bit predispositioned in what I expect of Max.
21.06.2008 - 15:40
Madame Nocturna
Account deleted
Like I said before, every Max's project is fucking great !
In this new project, CC, Max is mixing HC/metal/nu . And the sound is killing !
29.03.2009 - 22:19
terrorist

Aaaaaaaaa finaly some thrash metal from cavalera brothers!!!!!
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
29.03.2009 - 22:56
ForeverDarkWoods

Thrash ? Yeah right.... If it is, then the scene has really, REALLY died and is having it's dead anus raped and devoured by the modern music industry. This is boring modern groove crapshit at it's best and at it's worst moments it's bordering on mallcore. The brothers have totally lost it, and even if they're trying to regain it it doesn't necissarily mean they'll succeed.

To me, any old school thrash band (even the new "revivalist" movement) will kill stuff like this any day. I'll pass on it and listen to good stuff instead of groove mallcorish garbage.

Just my humble opinion. I don't like Soulfly either so the resemblence sure as hell ain't helping it in my eyes...
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America