Metal Storm logo
Mayhem - Win Spellemann Metal Award

Season Of Mist are very proud to inform that legendary Norwegian black metallers Mayhem were honoured in the "Metal" category at the 36th annual Spellemann Awards (the Norwegian equivalent to the Grammy Awards) for their latest release, "Ordo Ad Chao". The largest and oldest Norwegian music awards show was held last Saturday, February 2nd at the Spektrum in Oslo, Norway and was broadcast live on the Norwegian channel TV2.
Click here for a picture of the winning band receiving their Award.

The nominees in the "Metal" category were as follows:

Mayhem - "Ordo Ad Chao"
Red Harvest - "A Greater Darkness"
Dimmu Borgir - "In Sorte Diaboli"
Audrey Horne - "Le Fol"

Source: season-of-mist.com
Band profile: Mayhem
Posted: 05.02.2008 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   Visited by: 159 users
05.02.2008 - 22:58
VPeter

great that they maneged to beat lame Demon Burger. lol look how trendy Hellhammer looks!
05.02.2008 - 23:17
Warman
Erotic Stains
They certainly deserve it! Ordo Ad Chao is an insane album!
----
05.02.2008 - 23:47
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Wow. The total antithesis of what Black Metal is supposedly supposed to be about and symbolize.
----
The force will be with you, always.
05.02.2008 - 23:48
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Im gonna keep my mouth shut on this one....
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.02.2008 - 23:53
Varegan
Hamranakara
that was a nice album, but not so worthy
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
06.02.2008 - 00:35
selken
Irreligious
Written by Doc G. on 05.02.2008 at 23:48

+1
----
06.02.2008 - 00:58
Damnated
Churchburner
quit your whining, black metal is an everyday thing in Norway. for example : Ordo Ad Chao debuted at #12 on the norvegian charts. and not because it is a radio friendly album. people like black metal over there. get over it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
06.02.2008 - 01:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
the question is "Did the band seek the spotlight?" - and with Mayhem - at least the Euronymous-free current version - the answer is "no."

they went and cut themselves a good album and received acclaim based on the merits of their artistic vision. "Ordo Ad Chao" is most certainly not an easily accessible album, even by BM standards... there was no attempt to sell out on their part.

Red Harvest is also on the list and their album is dense, harsh, inhospitable, and certainly radio-unfriendly as well.

The fact is Black Metal is probably Norway's biggest cultural export of the past 25 years, and it is not shocking that the musical community there recognizes their achievements.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.02.2008 - 03:59
dancingdecember

agreed.you can't compare this with mtv awards or some other shitty things where in flames competes with red hot chilli peppers for example

no surprise mayhem won.
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
06.02.2008 - 04:30
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by selken on 06.02.2008 at 00:35

+1

+2
----
Coldgrits
06.02.2008 - 07:14
Talvi

Written by -DC-002- on 06.02.2008 at 04:30

Written by selken on 06.02.2008 at 00:35

+1

+2

+3
----
My account on other musical pages:
http://www.last.fm/user/Pozito/
http://rateyourmusic.com/~Talvi
06.02.2008 - 07:28
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
hellhammer looks like a faggot
06.02.2008 - 07:39
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen

i second that. rather...fourth it LOL
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
06.02.2008 - 10:32
BloodyBanana
Account deleted
I saw this on tv, and I laughed my ass off when Hellhammer came up there..
06.02.2008 - 11:13
Sunioj

Hellhammer is so pretty.
06.02.2008 - 11:48
Deadsoulman

Euronymous must be spinning in his grave haha.

Actually I'm a bit surprised they showed up to get the award. Somehow I would expect that kind of band to stay at home and tell everyone to go fuck themselves with their prize.
06.02.2008 - 15:58
Warman
Erotic Stains
Bah, a lot of Euronymous was just an image... and I second Damnated's statement here.
----
06.02.2008 - 16:30
Stigma
Account deleted
Good for them, though it's funny where they're now, comparing to the beginning of the 90's.
06.02.2008 - 19:02
Fane

Dont have a clue what sort of award is that, but I guess it's ok one if they went there and even claimed it..
----
Coffee for power
Music for creativity
Sarcasm for fun
06.02.2008 - 19:49
Deadsoulman

Yeah ok, you guys just got to stop with the +bollocks.
06.02.2008 - 20:07
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Deadsoulman on 06.02.2008 at 11:48

Actually I'm a bit surprised they showed up to get the award. Somehow I would expect that kind of band to stay at home and tell everyone to go fuck themselves with their prize.

A la Darkthrone a couple years ago upon receiving word they were nominated?

the +1 stupidity is really funny because i'm pretty sure comments in the news section don't even add to user post counts... and adding to a user post count was the entire reason "+1" was born.
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.02.2008 - 20:34
Deadsoulman

Written by BitterCOld on 06.02.2008 at 20:07

Written by Deadsoulman on 06.02.2008 at 11:48

A la Darkthrone a couple years ago upon receiving word they were nominated?

Haha yeah, something along those lines, but more violent. Like a reaction including various immolations of people involved with the nominations and the introduction of the Awards statue in several orifices of innocent people, you know. Black metal is not what it used to be *sigh*
06.02.2008 - 20:41
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Written by Deadsoulman on 06.02.2008 at 20:34

Haha yeah, something along those lines, but more violent. Like a reaction including various immolations of people involved with the nominations and the introduction of the Awards statue in several orifices of innocent people, you know. Black metal is not what it used to be *sigh*

You mean like Gorgoroth settling disputes with lawyers rather than battle axes? At least they could have hired lawyers with battle axes to do their fighting for them... but nooooooo.

That's my biggest letdown of year!

They're all getting soft in their old age.

----

07.02.2008 - 00:05
RockeRoy

i saw it on tv, and once again Necrobutcher make me laugh(Like on a headbangers journey) he said that even though they was against this kind of ass licking, they would accept the prise. but the funniest thing was when he said: "it's funny that we, the peoples enemy nr.1 can stand here and get this award today" and when hellhammer should name a couple of people he wanted to thank, he barly could remmember two:) but i actually feel sorry for Necrobutcher because i don't think he is that stupid, i just think he have a little problem explaining him self, and that he is trying a little to hard du be a bad ass:)
----
You found god? If nobody claims him in thirty days, he's yours

Walk with me in hell
10.03.2008 - 18:58
Nyxgrinder

I have the album and it can hardly be described with words, it sounds different, the people avobe who couldn't say a thing is really cause they don't know shit, and probably they haven't even listened tha album, I think the Dimmu Borgir albums is good too, but it isn't really outstanding
They may have took this award as a joke, but FUCK YOu ALL that's who they are.................................

Hits total: 5646 | This month: 8