Metal Storm logo
What band have you played out?

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 06.02.2008 - 12:31
Have you ever liked a band so much that you're now sick of them? if so, who? discuss.
29.11.2008 - 05:54
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I outplayed !.T.O.O.H.! and I only listened to their discography once lol
29.11.2008 - 10:41
Jewfasa
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 29.11.2008 at 03:19

Written by Guest on 28.11.2008 at 17:32

Written by LeChron James on 06.02.2008 at 12:31

Have you ever liked a band so much that you're now sick of them? if so, who? discuss.

Im Going to say Dragonforce. I wouldn't Stop listening to them for about 3-5 months straight a few years ago and i havn't really listened to them since. I love there albums especially Sonic Firestorm. so Dragonforce and id say Manowar.

DragonForce is hella drunk live, which can be interpreted as a good thing or bad thing depending on personal preference. i thought it was funny until Z.P. started throwing open water bottles at the crowd.

Funny Thing is after i posted that message i turned on Dragonforce...haha. oh wells that sucks they were drunk on stage you think they would at least wait till after there show to get shit faced.
29.11.2008 - 10:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 29.11.2008 at 10:41

Funny Thing is after i posted that message i turned on Dragonforce...haha. oh wells that sucks they were drunk on stage you think they would at least wait till after there show to get shit faced.

yeah man. its cool if bands are drinking on stage, but not when theyre DRUNK on stage. theres a difference and they cant seem to see it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
29.11.2008 - 11:21
Jewfasa
Account deleted
Written by LeChron James on 29.11.2008 at 10:48

yeah man. its cool if bands are drinking on stage, but not when theyre DRUNK on stage. theres a difference and they cant seem to see it.

When i went and saw EdGuy in San Fransisco last month. The Lead singer got hammered after the show and kept coming in and out of the backstage area to watch Kamelot play. It was funny, only due to the fact that i was like 15 feet from him and could her him talking completely wasted. Im glad he waited to get drunk after because they played a amazing show.
29.11.2008 - 11:57
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Guest on 29.11.2008 at 11:21

Written by LeChron James on 29.11.2008 at 10:48

When i went and saw EdGuy in San Fransisco last month. The Lead singer got hammered after the show and kept coming in and out of the backstage area to watch Kamelot play. It was funny, only due to the fact that i was like 15 feet from him and could her him talking completely wasted. Im glad he waited to get drunk after because they played a amazing show.

see i wish shit like that happened to me during concerts. the best concert moment i've had was when my friend tried to crowd surf at the Tenacious D show awhile back and when he got dropped he kicked some bitch in the face and she turned around and socked him square in the face and we had to restrain him so he didnt kill her. FUCKING GREAT. Tenacious D is AWESOME live too.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
09.02.2009 - 09:40
IronBlackZepp
Probably Van Halen. When I was younger I would listen to them all of them all of the time. But now I dont listen to them so much. I have all of their Cd's besides VH III with is their worst album. The David Lee Roth era stands out more because Eddies playing was so great back then. The Sammy Hagar era had its ups and downs, although I still like that era too. But The DLR era probably had better albums.
11.02.2009 - 09:16
chrislyles15
Account deleted
I still can't listen to Metallica. I used to listen to them all day, every day. Nothing else. And then one day I just felt like I was going to vomit. That's when you know it's enough.
11.02.2009 - 10:45
Joker
Abosutely metallica
11.02.2009 - 22:07
ForeverDarkWoods
I overplayed Dark Funeral quite early in my metal-listening days. This might not be that hard though, since their songs are mostly the same. I still can enjoy their first EP and debut album though.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
11.02.2009 - 22:43
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Im gonna have to come out of my Kottonmouth Kings boycott, for i am seeing them live in petaluma in like 2 weeks or so. i have come to notice that if i am really stoned i can listen to their musuic without my blood pressure skyrocketing.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

11.02.2009 - 23:55
Ragana
Rawrcat
Dimmu Borgir. I used to like them for two or three years, listened regularly, but now I can listen to only few songs. Especially those which don't remind me about most of Dimmu Borgir's songs: like "Sorgens Kammer", "Fear And Wonder" or "Perfection Or Vanity".
31.03.2009 - 00:35
Wyrd
Breaking Benjamin. I must have played the shit out of them every day last year!!
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
31.03.2009 - 11:34
yasser_metalhead
Account deleted
Hahahah I played the fuck out of Kalmah, got tired of it for 2 weeks, and now I am listening to them again
07.04.2009 - 20:36
Zenzero
Zenzero
Rhapsody (of fire)... they're all for first, and then they're nothing.... too boring!!!
08.04.2009 - 05:37
Biedrik
I used to love Blind Guardian so much. Sadly, I really overplayed them. I still think they're great, but their music no longer hoods the awesome power it once did for me.
----
I'm selling metal posters! Ask me about them if you're interested.
08.04.2009 - 06:26
bard
I totally overplayed Hammerfall a few years ago. Looking back I don't even know how I managed to do it...play them that many times, that is.
----
08.04.2009 - 13:24
Beowulf
When I first got into metal I overplyed the hell out of American Head Charge's ablum The War of Art, cause that was the only metal cd i had at the time.
09.04.2009 - 23:15
Saitenhexerin
Man, I completely played out Power Metal...like Hammerfall, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Edguy...actually everything except Blind Guardian.
I'll give it some time and then I think I can give it a try again^^
----
- When I die, bury me in smoke.
- Defendress of the Faith.
16.04.2009 - 01:47
Pretty much the entire power metal genre that's not Blind Guardian. To me BG is a band that has a level of sophistication often alien to power metal circle...
01.05.2009 - 03:07
ToMegaTherion
I have actually learned my lesson in the past of over playing bands and albums hense why now i save my favorites for occations when i am genuinely in the mood for that specific album. Rather I try not to listen to the same song twice in one day or the same album twice in a week. I suppose I'm quite fortunate in that i have some 7000 songs on my computer and 400 or so albums in my collection.

But those lessons of course have been learned through experience and the bands that taught me that lesson are Rammstein, Megadeth and The Red Hot Chilli Peppers.
01.05.2009 - 03:38
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
elite
Written by Guest on 29.11.2008 at 05:54

I outplayed !.T.O.O.H.! and I only listened to their discography once lol

I know that feeling. Their music did the same thing to me, except for the goat sound...that makes me giggle.

As for another band I have played out, Evergrey. I used to be huge into them, The Inner Circle was a favorite of mine, but now, I actually find myself skipping their songs when it comes up on a playlist.
----
(space for rent)
01.05.2009 - 09:35
Children of Bodom - I used to be a fan, but nowadays the whole idea of whatching their show...
Ensiferum - Few records, many gigs seen - not a good combo
----
Look, The old Bitch is back!
26.05.2009 - 23:50
Andresopeth
I overplayed bands in the past so i started to look for "new" bands to listen and that's why i try to listen a little bit of everything to not get tired of anything, i guess the most overplayed band for me is Guns N' Roses 12 years ago i played like three times for day
03.06.2009 - 21:39
Warheart19
What I really overplayed, is the Metallica discography, since they got me into metal:) I think I haven't listened to any of their old stuff for more than a year now. There are plenty of others to explore now:D m/
04.06.2009 - 06:48
wormdrink414
elite
Even though I still consider it my favorite album of all time, I have over played Wintersun. Otherwise, I am on the verge of doing the same with The Apostasy.
04.06.2009 - 06:50
wormdrink414
elite
Alright I have officially overplayed The Apostasy.
04.06.2009 - 10:31
Throne Dweller
Limbonic Art, SepticFlesh, Ensiferum, Norther, SOAD... a fair bit, actually it would be most of my collection. I really need some new stuff.
25.06.2009 - 02:03
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Im starting to get really sick of Lil Wayne. even his more....darker....songs that dont have that obnoxious vocoder sound to it.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

25.06.2009 - 08:19
Nimlot
A. Reader
Dream Theater... Space Dye Vest is the only song I can handle. They are a great band and all that but after listening to them for an extensive period of time they are just soooo boring. I was really sick of them a few months back and I gave them another try with the release of Black Clouds... We all know Petrucci can play guitar like no other but it seems he's running out of creativity, for me the only song he performs and I can listen to is from his solo album Glasgow kiss, it's just too beautiful... But back to DT, why the hell would they do this stupid shit... This Dying Soul my all-time favorite DT song, I realized was full of narcissistic noise that repeats itself so many times it's like Souja Boy, plus the song has three parts where it seems it is about to end and they repeat the same thing they've been doing the last 2 minutes just to make it "PROG!", they could have just cut out the 6 minutes of repetition, same goes for Pull me Under... And btw I can't stand LaBrie's voice...
Now I spend my time enjoying the awesome works of Ark.
18.09.2009 - 05:26
danielllewis
I find that if a band makes good enough music, I don't tire of them easily.

The only one that I can't stand now is slayer, because when I was first getting into metal, my cd got stuck in my dad's car stereo, and all I could listen to in the car was slayer...

Oh, and wintersun simply because I'm tired of hearing the same album with the same 8 songs over and over again.
----