Metal Storm logo
What band have you played out?

Original post

Posted by LeChron James, 06.02.2008 - 12:31
Have you ever liked a band so much that you're now sick of them? if so, who? discuss.
26.02.2012 - 01:38
DevilBabi
I freaking love Susperia, and I have played the hell outta their albums, well I have a small obsession with Athera, so I guess I have also played the shit outta Chrome Division as well!
02.03.2012 - 00:34
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
Like many people it seems, opeth
----
14.03.2012 - 20:20
arwestromen
A few years back I was really into Choldren of bodom and other extreme sounding bands....but now I really can't stand any CoB song except Needled 24/7 and everytime I do hear another CoB song i'm thinking "what was I thinking"
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
14.03.2012 - 20:35
Branzig
Megadeth. I listened to Rust In Peace so much when I was a teenager and learned/played the riffs sooooo much that I get sick every time I hear "Polaris" or "Holy Wars..."
----
In Grind We Crust
14.03.2012 - 22:03
Ikuinen
I use to listen to In the Woods a lot but now I dont like them anymore

Also
Lake of Tears
Nightwish
Wyrd
Ayreon
Dark Tranquillity
26.03.2012 - 08:19
Crucifux
Account deleted
Opeth for sure. So much actually, that I'm not sure if I'll enjoy them the way I used to ever again.
Rammstein too, I guess. I remember I listened to almost nothing but Rosenrot for 4 months. I definitely wouldn't be able to do that nowadays.
07.09.2012 - 11:26
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I find it sad that so many people have burnt out on Opeth. While I completely understand, I just think it would suck if I ever got to that point. Ever since I got into Opeth, I've been trying to expand my musical tastes so that way I have more to listen to. This will increase my chances of NEVER burning out on Opeth. If that day comes, it will be a shitty day indeed.
----
01.10.2012 - 03:09
monoblogist
Motorhead, Slayer, ....
----
http://monoblogist.blogspot.com/
02.10.2012 - 19:32
nana.MD
Star-Queen
I actually never thought I would say this but Dream Theater...every time they pop up I skip them...their last albums are terrible and well...maybe it's time to give them a break
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
03.10.2012 - 02:11
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Metallica definitely, when I was first getting into metal music, they used to be all that I would listen to. I will always point to the older Metallica albums as the ones that really initiated my journey as a metalhead, but nowadays, I really don't care about listening to even those albums anymore after moving on to better bands and albums. I was already getting bored of Metallica about a few years ago, the release of Lulu just sealed the coffin shut for good.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
03.10.2012 - 09:16
SuicidalPunk
Account deleted
Written by arwestromen on 14.03.2012 at 20:20

A few years back I was really into Choldren of bodom and other extreme sounding bands....but now I really can't stand any CoB song except Needled 24/7 and everytime I do hear another CoB song i'm thinking "what was I thinking"

Same here, i use to listen to Bodom alot, then i just kind of stopped. My friend says its because thats when i started listening to punk music but who knows, that could be a factor, either that or i listened to them so much and so did my friends that i needed a change.
04.10.2012 - 02:50
MetalSpider
Well usually I may listen to one or 2 bands a lot until the point that I kind of need a break (which could last a short time or a long time).

If there's one band that I used to listen to a lot and just completely stopped and have no desire to listen to again...it's probably Children of Bodom. I doubt I'll ever listen to them again the way I used to or the way I listen to other bands these days. I listened to Bodom heavily when I first got into metal, but after discovering so much more after, I just found Bodom to be lackluster.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.10.2012 - 02:52
MetalSpider
Oh and Iron Maiden is another one. I still enjoy their music, but I have a hard time listening to it these days. I guess I just have to be in the mood for it...but I havent listened to an Iron Maiden song in a veeeery long time.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
04.10.2012 - 15:33
helofloki
Pain of Salvation, Tool, Opeth, Nevermore and Symphony X. Basically my favorite bands for the last 10 years. I will still enjoy them if someone else puts them on, or if I'm introducing them to someone. Also still love their live performances. It's just their albums. Won't put them on to listen to myself. I just know the music too well.
04.10.2012 - 17:36
Krankheit
Account deleted
Children of Bodom, Nightwish and a bunch of other power metal bands I listened to years ago.
05.10.2012 - 10:31
Apatheria
Like many have said...fuckin' Opeth.

I still go back and enjoy Blackwater Park and My Arms, Your Hearse on occasion. But...eh. Kinda over them. Interesting that their name pops up so very often in this regard, ain't it?
----
Heavy metal is the law.
07.10.2012 - 20:03
Angry Chair
Has to be Machine head, I overplayed the fuck out of them. Now I cant enjoy them the same. Also Slipknot, they were the first metal band I got into.
----
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest."
- Denis Diderot
07.10.2012 - 20:23
Urs Blank
Sepultura, Opeth, Porcupine Tree, Tool and Swallow The Sun are the most obvious ones in my case.
19.10.2012 - 09:26
slinx
I have definitely played out Roy Khan's music, especially Epica and The Black Halo. I keep trying to listen to his previous efforts in Conception, but his voice isn't as grand as it was in his latter career.

I've heard the hits of Children of Bodom many times but I can not seem to get deeper into their individual albums. It took me over a year to get past the first five songs of Follow The Reaper (that's cause they were awesome though) and listen to the rest.

As I've been on a Ronnie James Dio kick lately, it seems to be harder to get into his solo albums. His work with Rainbow and Black Sabbath were awesome and inspiring and because RJD uses the same themes over and over (He uses the word rainbow in probably half his songs) it definitely makes it hard to listen to albums after The Last In Line because they seem so 'generic'. The Holy Diver album is a beast, but once you blast through hundreds of playings of Holy Diver, Rainbow In The Dark, and the breathtaking Don't Talk To Strangers you kinda ignore the weaker tracks.
----
'You're short, you're fat, and even for a film critic you are ugly.' - The Critic
01.01.2013 - 15:41
Moonloop
Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden. The usual suspects. I like them, but I don't feel the need to listen to them anymore.
03.01.2013 - 06:34
Patrick.
Kiss is one such band... Come to think of it, they're the only ones I'm really burnt out on. I'm certain there has to be others... Nah, I guess it's just Kiss. That's weird. Anyway, I love them though. They have a very special place in my heart for being my first obsession within music as a whole. Plus you gotta love Stanley, one of the best singers in Hard Rock (nowadays whenever hearing their music, he is the only redeeming factor for me).

Hmm, this bugged me slightly, there has to be more...
Oh well. Besides Kiss, I guess over-playing really doesn't mean much to me then, at least in the long run.
03.01.2013 - 09:24
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I listened to opeth so much !! now when i listen to them which i barley do i skip to the good parts only cant listen to the whole song no more !!
10.02.2014 - 10:55
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Written by Powerslavex on 03.01.2013 at 09:24

I listened to opeth so much !! now when i listen to them which i barley do i skip to the good parts only cant listen to the whole song no more !!

I agree to an extant, I still respect the band very much, but for some reason, I don't find myself returning to them as often except for the occasional song here and there, not as much whole entire albums like I did before.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
10.02.2014 - 12:09
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I have played out everything power metal, can't stand it anymore. Have also played out Eternal Tears Of Sorrow.
10.02.2014 - 23:10
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well.. I'm a *Music Mood* kind of person, meaning that I get sick of genres, sub-genres, whole styles from time to time... and drop 'em for a few months
But never got sick completely of something I loved listening to. Some songs I suppose yes like *Run To The Hills* , *Stairway To Heaven*, *Born To Be Wild*, *Ace Of Spades*
*Raining Blood* (...) but I still enjoy other songs of these bands. I got sick of metal last month... now I'm alright lol.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.02.2014 - 19:47
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by CobiWan1993 on 10.02.2014 at 10:55

Written by Powerslavex on 03.01.2013 at 09:24

I agree to an extant, I still respect the band very much, but for some reason, I don't find myself returning to them as often except for the occasional song here and there, not as much whole entire albums like I did before.

yep exactly
21.02.2014 - 22:26
HumanSpirit
Not exactly sick of them, but yeah there's a minute you are bored or in the need of new music :p happened to me with Sonata Arctica, Manowar...
21.02.2014 - 22:31
no one
Account deleted
Coldworld, both albums, he needs to bring out some new stuff
11.04.2014 - 03:17
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I've grown tired of Dream Theater these days, especially since one of my roommates keeps blasting the same songs over and over through the walls and its getting very tedious. I'm already selling back the few albums I have from them.
----
15.04.2014 - 10:17
toxx
Supreme being
I haven't really played anything completely out, but as my taste in music has evolved over the years, some bands has been left behind, some are just rarely played. The truly great ones tends to stick with me.

Like Metallica. I listened the hell out of their first four. Not played out, but I don't listen to them more than a few times per year. They are still good!