Metal Storm logo
New Settings

12.02.2008 - 14:52
Ivan
Retired Admin
Take a look at your Settings - there's plenty of new stuff there. Here's what's been added:

• Shoutbox - choose the number of shouts to display, or hide the whole thing if it annoys you.
  • Random stuff - hide random album and random photo.
  • Members online - show all / fold members / hide panel

• Events - choose the number of events to display, show only your own upcoming events (as in your profile) or hide the whole thing. You can also add cities/countries which you want to display. This is very useful both in Europe, where everything is so close you might want to add 3-4 additional countries, and in the USA, which is so huge that displaying events from the whole country will only give you today's shows (not very useful, especilly if it's across the continent) - you might want to limit yourself to a list of a few surrounding cities there.

OK, have fun!
12.02.2008 - 16:28
Lord TJ

So, with this events thing, does that mean that with upcoming events it will only display the cities we input?

Like say im going to attend a gig somewhere, but I don't have that city named in the settings area, will it not show?
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
12.02.2008 - 16:49
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Lord TJ on 12.02.2008 at 16:28

So, with this events thing, does that mean that with upcoming events it will only display the cities we input?

Like say im going to attend a gig somewhere, but I don't have that city named in the settings area, will it not show?

The upcoming events panel will only display events in cities/countries specified in your settings.
12.02.2008 - 17:52
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Ivan on 12.02.2008 at 14:52

Events - choose the number of events to display, show only your own upcoming events (as in your profile) or hide the whole thing. You can also add cities/countries which you want to display. This is very useful both in Europe, where everything is so close you might want to add 3-4 additional countries, and in the USA, which is so huge that displaying events from the whole country will only give you today's shows (not very useful, especilly if it's across the continent) - you might want to limit yourself to a list of a few surrounding cities there.

Excellent. Thank you so much for doing that. Yeah, I always felt it was a little silly for me to see what shows are going on in California, when I live in North Carolina.
----
(space for rent)
12.02.2008 - 17:58
Lord TJ

Oops, little misunderstanding of mine!

I was thinking it affected in our profiles of what is listed under upcoming gigs, mistaking events for gigs.

Since I live in the USA, and I don't go to many gigs if at all, it would only show things for the current day. If I had no cities or countries listed would the list appear like it used to before you made these changes? I always found it interested seeing who was playing where.

Very nice additions you made though!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

12.02.2008 - 18:11
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Oh, one more thought as I went to go mess around with the new settings...Ivan, would it possible to do it by state and not by city? My reason is there might be shows passing through my state, or neighboring states, or in another state far away that I visit on a regular basis, but are going to a city that I don't know. Does that make sense? Like, I live in a small town called Black Mountain (how Metal sounding is that!) and we're right out side the City of Asheville where a lot of bands (Porcupine Tree, Three, Killswitch, Sleepytime) come to play so I hear about all of those shows, but there are other cities not too far away where bands play and I hear about it afterwards because I didn't know about that city.
----
(space for rent)
12.02.2008 - 21:01
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Cool, cool, Im always glad to see progress and improvements on this site!
----
12.02.2008 - 22:05
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Dane Train on 12.02.2008 at 18:11

Oh, one more thought as I went to go mess around with the new settings...Ivan, would it possible to do it by state and not by city? My reason is there might be shows passing through my state, or neighboring states, or in another state far away that I visit on a regular basis, but are going to a city that I don't know. Does that make sense? Like, I live in a small town called Black Mountain (how Metal sounding is that!) and we're right out side the City of Asheville where a lot of bands (Porcupine Tree, Three, Killswitch, Sleepytime) come to play so I hear about all of those shows, but there are other cities not too far away where bands play and I hear about it afterwards because I didn't know about that city.

The problem is, we don't enter states when adding events. I might add states as a separate field for events and other country-specific data, but it's very complicated, so you'll have to make do with what we have now...
12.02.2008 - 22:14
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Ivan on 12.02.2008 at 22:05

The problem is, we don't enter states when adding events. I might add states as a separate field for events and other country-specific data, but it's very complicated, so you'll have to make do with what we have now...

Ah, ok. I see that now. Thanks for clearing it up. Anyway, thanks again for this new application to the Storm.
----
(space for rent)
12.02.2008 - 22:31
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Good job.

Day after day, we can more and more customize our own Metal Storm.
12.02.2008 - 22:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good job I like it i only turn of random and shoutbox make to 10 shouts
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
12.02.2008 - 23:12
Damnated
Churchburner
this is very nice. good job.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
12.02.2008 - 23:37
Jeff
Freaky Admin
Yeah one more great technical improvement made by our Ivan

And a lot of other good useful things are coming... you'll see
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
13.02.2008 - 13:18
Ivan
Retired Admin
OK, added the states option. They don't work perfectly - since some cities are entered without a state, and states are entered in various forms - two or three letter abbreviations, or not abbreviated at all. The best option would be to enter all possible variations and to combine them with the main cities. Anyway, try some tweaking to get the best results
13.02.2008 - 15:44
Warman
Erotic Stains
Great I must say! I mostly just care about the concerts in Stockholm, not the ones in Kiruna or (forgive me) Göteborg...
----
14.02.2008 - 11:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Warman on 13.02.2008 at 15:44

not the ones in Kiruna or (forgive me)

Kiruna better Rauko, Jokkmokk or Arvidsjaur
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.02.2008 - 11:04
BurbotsRevenge
Foetal Butchery
nice new settings, but perhaps having individual settings for random stuff, so a checkbox for random photo, random album, random album charts... etc.
----
Dark death metal from Sydney: https://www.facebook.com/GolgothanRemains
14.02.2008 - 18:04
Lord TJ

Nice idea BR.

Ivan, say I didn't input any countires, cities, or states in my profile, would it then list every upcoming event?
----

15.02.2008 - 12:29
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Lord TJ on 14.02.2008 at 18:04

Nice idea BR.

Ivan, say I didn't input any countires, cities, or states in my profile, would it then list every upcoming event?

No, it would show events from your country (everyone has a country in profile).
07.03.2008 - 02:55
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Would it be possible to have the option to turn invisible bands on by default? I kind of get sick of having to do it manually
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
07.03.2008 - 04:31
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Nice I love the customization. Can't believe I didn't know about this until now...
Although I like the random album feature, I feel more focused with it off. No distractions...
07.03.2008 - 08:50
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Oh shucks, I was excited about using a new feature, but unfortunately the collapsing side panel thing I have no use for! I like the random photo/album, I like reading the shouts (don't ask why), the members online is good because I sometimes need to contact staff members (and for time saving sakes talk to the staff that are online), as well as keeping up to date on events going on in my area.......Oh well, as I can see lots of other people have a use for it.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin