Metal Storm logo
Wuthering Heights

Original post

Posted by GT, 12.06.2006 - 21:52
Think the time has come to create a topic for Wuthering Heights.

It's a Danish band playing a great mix of folk, power and symphonic metal. They began in 1989 under different names and released their first album (Within) as WH in 1999.

I myself only have their third album "Far From The Madding Crowd". This is one of the best albums I own. The music and the lyrics are just perfect and goes very well with the voice of Nils Patrik Johansson and the backing vocals of Erik Ravn (the founder of the band and the writer of almost all their lyrics and music).

That's pretty much what I know at the moment. Tell me what you think of the band, their gigs and so on.

For mp3 go to http://www.wuthering-heights.dk/sounds/index.html
30.05.2007 - 21:50
Baz Anderson

I only just heard this band a day ot two ago but I am already totally hooked!!!
their last two albums are amazing!! very diverse and entertaining all the way through..
these two albums are probably the best albums new to me since the new Ensiferum album probably..
30.05.2007 - 23:25
GT
Coffee!!
@Baz: glad to hear you like them...their two first cds are very good as well but not as good as FFTMC and Shadow Cabinet. The vocalist Patrick Johansson wasn't part of the band back then
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
30.05.2007 - 23:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
Heard only one new song from my last post but it was, a little different, like some Black MEtal, can somebody tell me, what is going on??
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
31.05.2007 - 00:17
Baz Anderson

some black metal? are you sure it was them? haha
you can hear four tracks here:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=61301741

I don't think they are the best on the album though but they are still great!
31.05.2007 - 01:50
Den Gode Hr. Kim

"Far From The Madding Crowd" is the only album of theirs I've heard all the through, and I must say I love it. I don't find the songs from their recent album quite as catchy, because the vocal sounds... destorded somehow, not as powerful as I'd like it to be. I just might be a matter of getting to know the tunes.
----
Hell ain't a bad place...
31.05.2007 - 10:08
Neige

Far from the Madding Crowd is by the far their best album IMO.(and it ought to be considering the pains I went through to get it) The Shadow Cabinet disappointed me. Nils Patrik Johansson voice takes some getting used to though.
31.05.2007 - 10:16
GT
Coffee!!
@Aronax: black metal?!? I don't see that in WH! They have some tracks on their homepage and their MySpace...try giving them a listen.

@Baz: "Tree" and "The Bollard" are two of my favourite tracks from FFTMC...but again I don't think any of the songs on that album are bad (or just avarage). My absolute favourite songs must be "The Road Goes Ever On"

@SirIronMaidenKim: Hey dude....finally you started posting. Remember you can always borrow all their albums from me...I'm sure you'll like their last effort as well when you get into it...It is a little darker than FFTMC but the lyrics are great
----

01.06.2007 - 18:11
Baz Anderson

wow this band is so good! they are the best band new to me that I have heard in a long long time..
I will probably have them in my favourite section soon.. hahaha. their last two albums are just so great!!
I can't get enough at the moment. haha
02.06.2007 - 10:47
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Baz Anderson on 01.06.2007 at 18:11

wow this band is so good! they are the best band new to me that I have heard in a long long time..
I will probably have them in my favourite section soon.. hahaha. their last two albums are just so great!!
I can't get enough at the moment. haha

Hehe nice. Finally they get a little attention...much deserved I think. To bad they don't really play any gigs...according to Erik Ravn they would like to and I would give my right arm to be able to see them live
----

02.07.2007 - 18:16
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
As indicated on their official website, an official Wuthering Heights MySpace page was launched at this location.

Also the band had added a full version of 'Carpe Noctem' here from their last album "The Shadow Cabinet". Enjoy.
27.09.2007 - 22:26
GT
Coffee!!
Just a little info for all you WH fans...it's finally possible to buy WH t-shirts from their website. To get to the shop click here
----

28.09.2007 - 16:29
APOHAKC
The Bard
I may take one, I am really into this band lately

@GT - I was confused, there are no Black Metal for sure, forget it, although, you probably already did
----
28.09.2007 - 17:27
GT
Coffee!!
@Aronax Of Steel: actually I haven't forgot...I've been trying to figure out how you could find BM in their songs...and I haven't been able to get it, so I'm glad to hear that it was a mistake

Also it's great that you started getting in to these guys. They sure deserve some more attention
----

28.09.2007 - 17:58
APOHAKC
The Bard
I am into this band for two years now, but I have had only one album, and one BM album now, I have more musics, I really love them, really awesome band...
----
01.11.2007 - 18:29
GT
Coffee!!
Just recieved the two t-shirts I ordered from the new store...they're totally cool
----

02.11.2007 - 00:27
Ernis
狼獾
Need to hear more of their works....so far I've liked what they do....their melodies and approach is warm and positive.....
02.11.2007 - 23:42
Fuath

can someone reccommend me an album of theirs to get??
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

03.11.2007 - 10:45
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Fuath on 02.11.2007 at 23:42

If you haven't heard anything from them yet I would recommend 'Far From The Maddening Crowd' it's very good and not as dark as 'The Shadow Cabinet'. These are the two best albums, but the two first are not bad at all.

If you haven't noticed yet you can download four songs from their homepage.
----

03.11.2007 - 11:16
Fuath

Written by GT on 03.11.2007 at 10:45

Written by Fuath on 02.11.2007 at 23:42

If you haven't heard anything from them yet I would recommend 'Far From The Maddening Crowd' it's very good and not as dark as 'The Shadow Cabinet'. These are the two best albums, but the two first are not bad at all.

If you haven't noticed yet you can download four songs from their homepage.

thanks, ill look em up

[i now have "within" and "the shadow cabinet"

they fucking rock!!!!!! ]
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

12.11.2007 - 16:55
GT
Coffee!!
Just to make all you fans of this band a little envious...take a look here.
I actually met the man (it's Erik Ravn for those of you who didn't recognised him) and had a little chat with him as well. They should have played at ProgPower Scandinavia originally, but it was moved and then they weren't able to...but Erik told me that they've been promised a slot next year!!!
----

13.11.2007 - 01:56
Baz Anderson

and he is wearing a Helloween shirt!! that is great!!
I really need to listen to the last two Wuthering Heights albums again.. I held them in a veeeeeeeery very high opinion but I've just not had them on in a while
20.01.2008 - 23:45
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I recented heard their latest two albums, love them alot. An original band thats catchy as hell.
21.01.2008 - 18:08
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Dark Cornatus on 20.01.2008 at 23:45

I recented heard their latest two albums, love them alot. An original band thats catchy as hell.

Wuhu another fan...glad you like them and yes they're very original and catchy as hell. I'm so looking forward to see them live this fall...hope they'll make their participation in ProgPower Scandinavia official soon.
----

22.01.2008 - 00:43
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Written by GT on 21.01.2008 at 18:08

Written by Dark Cornatus on 20.01.2008 at 23:45

Wuhu another fan...glad you like them and yes they're very original and catchy as hell. I'm so looking forward to see them live this fall...hope they'll make their participation in ProgPower Scandinavia official soon.

Hehe, lucky you for getting to see them!
I cant stop listening to the chorus from Longing For The Woods, its memorising because it pops up often throughout the album with the segmented trilogy.
Their album covers are well done too.
16.02.2008 - 14:22
GT
Coffee!!
Hell yeah!! Now it's finally official: Wuthering Heights are confirmed for ProgPower Scandinavia 2008!

I know this is going to be a great show and I'm there for sure
----

03.05.2008 - 07:05
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
Now that ive listened to them for 4 months, i can safely say FFTMC is easily my favourite. TSC is a tad boring compared, yet still enjoyable on a few songs.
03.05.2008 - 09:58
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Damn a Wuthering Heights Topic and i didn't notice about it.

I just have Shadow Cabinet, and is a tremendous record. Since the beginning they are the most amazing sound i ever heard of folk power. Definetley the best song is Apathy divine!
03.05.2008 - 11:58
GT
Coffee!!
@Jevi: not many people notice this thread or the band which is a bloody shame. But glad to hear you like them. Apathy Divine is a killer song and probably my favourite from The Shadow Cabinet too.
----

05.05.2008 - 02:22
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
@GT: The first time i listen the album i thought that the rest of the disc couldn't be as beautifool, but i was wrong, the WHOLe disc is a masterpiece, can you recommend me other release from them?
05.05.2008 - 19:36
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Vinnie R. on 05.05.2008 at 02:22

@GT: The first time i listen the album i thought that the rest of the disc couldn't be as beautifool, but i was wrong, the WHOLe disc is a masterpiece, can you recommend me other release from them?

Actually I'll recommend all four of their albums, but especially Far From The Madding Crowd. It's their best IMO. The two first ones are with a different vocalist and even though he's good, he's not as good at Nils Patrik
----