Metal Storm logo
Skeletonwitch

Original post

Posted by mankvill, 12.02.2008 - 22:00
A fantastic blackened thrash metal band from Ohio. I saw them last night and they put on an amazing show.

Discog:
At One With The Shadows
Beyond The Permafrost

They're going to be touring the US with Arsis also this year.

www.myspace.com/skeletonwitch
14.10.2011 - 08:45
Silent Jay

Written by Guib on 14.10.2011 at 06:44

I tend to stay away from drunken slutty metal girls... My gf doesn't like them lol
Neither did mine. *sigh*

Anyway, back on topic, the new album is awesome. Got my Super-Special-Ultimate-Deluxe-Coolasfuckingshit Collectors bundle through the other day. Thoroughly enjoyed myself blasting the album out loud whilst wearing my Skeletonwitch hat and t-shirt that came with it, sipping Jack from the hipflask and gawping at the LP artwork. The used picks and signed stuff were a good touch too. Apparently they are touring with Black Dahlia Murder sometime after the new year so definitely going to have to catch them again on that. Should be a good'un!
14.10.2011 - 08:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Silent Jay on 14.10.2011 at 08:45
*I bought everything and it was awesome*

Whaaaa lucky. I love when bands release shit like that, where literally everything you can think of comes in a neat little box and arrives on your front doorstep.

The only thing I'm waiting for now is band members to deliver it personally. I don't care if they're coming from Norway or Japan or just down the street. Make it happen.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
14.10.2011 - 09:02
Silent Jay

Written by Troy Killjoy on 14.10.2011 at 08:51

Written by Silent Jay on 14.10.2011 at 08:45
*I bought everything and it was awesome*

Whaaaa lucky. I love when bands release shit like that, where literally everything you can think of comes in a neat little box and arrives on your front doorstep.

The only thing I'm waiting for now is band members to deliver it personally. I don't care if they're coming from Norway or Japan or just down the street. Make it happen.
After hearing what Manowar did for their fans who bought the big package deals for their current tour, I wouldn't be surprised if they will do that sometime in the future .

Before anyone does anything though they should bring down the price of shipping charges (or should I say more specifically the UK Government should fuck off with their 20% VAT). That ended up being one expensive purchase. Eitherway it certainly makes buying physical releases more desirable in this age of downloading before release date. Nicely done.
15.01.2012 - 07:53
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted

I think "Forever Abomination" is easily their best work to date! Which is great, cuz it's not often that a band's latest album appears better than the rest.
15.01.2012 - 08:42
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 15.01.2012 at 07:53

I think "Forever Abomination" is easily their best work to date! Which is great, cuz it's not often that a band's latest album appears better than the rest.

It's definitely a solid album.
17.01.2012 - 10:56
JacksonGuitars

I've always felt that if I like a band's 2nd or later albums (and haven't listened to previous albums), I'm almost assuredly going to like the earlier albums. Buy a band's first album before they've put a second out and there seems to be a good chance of disliking the 2nd and later albums.

I've heard of Skeletonwitch but never listened to. I'll give them a shot.
18.01.2012 - 01:43
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by JacksonGuitars on 17.01.2012 at 10:56

I've always felt that if I like a band's 2nd or later albums (and haven't listened to previous albums), I'm almost assuredly going to like the earlier albums. Buy a band's first album before they've put a second out and there seems to be a good chance of disliking the 2nd and later albums.

I've heard of Skeletonwitch but never listened to. I'll give them a shot.

Well you won't regret it my friend, they're awesome !
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
19.01.2012 - 16:48
Pondscum

Skeletonwitch is a phenomenal live band. I've always had a great time at their shows but their songs all sound very samey to me on album.
22.01.2012 - 07:50
FartilleryBreath

The new Skeleton Witch slays "Forever Abomination". A whole lot more enjoyable than "Breathing the Fire". Great tunes great dudes,they play the piss out of a gig!
27.01.2012 - 07:17
bran

Skeletonwitch is just fucking awesome, forever abomination was my second favorite metal album of 2011 just behind warbringer. no one beats skeletonwitch when it comes to playing live
----
top 5 albums of 2012 so far.

1. wintersun- time I
2. woods of ypres- woods V grey skies and electric light
3. agalloch- faustian echoes EP
4. the slow death- II
5. kreator- phantom antichrist
22.07.2012 - 01:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
Okay I saw them live Yesterday along with Bar Burner ! Man, t'was a fucking awesome show, they know how to entertain the crowd! I moshed like an idiot for few hours drunk as fuck. And the merch was not to expansive either... I managed to get myself a shirt and 2 cds for only 30$ If you guys are able to catch them on their tour... please do so you won't regret it I swear.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
10.02.2013 - 07:33
squidrick420

I just started getting into this band recently, i saw their vinyl at a record shop and thought it looked cool so i checked them out and now i am addicted! tomorrow im getting "beyond the permafrost" and i am fucking stoked about it!
12.02.2013 - 02:03
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by squidrick420 on 10.02.2013 at 07:33

I just started getting into this band recently, i saw their vinyl at a record shop and thought it looked cool so i checked them out and now i am addicted! tomorrow im getting "beyond the permafrost" and i am fucking stoked about it!

Man you just won't regret it, Beyond The Permafrost is such a great album, but really you can never go wrong with Skeletonwitch, everything they do is amazing You should definitely try to catch them live, very good band to see.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
12.02.2013 - 22:14
squidrick420

Written by Guib on 12.02.2013 at 02:03

Written by squidrick420 on 10.02.2013 at 07:33

Man you just won't regret it, Beyond The Permafrost is such a great album, but really you can never go wrong with Skeletonwitch, everything they do is amazing You should definitely try to catch them live, very good band to see.

I want to see them really bad! I fucking love Beyond the Permafrost, it is probably my favorite thing that I own on vinyl at the moment. Sadly after listening to it the left channel on my record player went out, so now i have to wait till i can fix it or get a new turntable to hear it (properly) again!
12.02.2013 - 22:25
Guib
Thrash Talker
Quote:
Quote:

I want to see them really bad! I fucking love Beyond the Permafrost, it is probably my favorite thing that I own on vinyl at the moment. Sadly after listening to it the left channel on my record player went out, so now i have to wait till i can fix it or get a new turntable to hear it (properly) again!

Aww poor turntable this is sad
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
13.02.2013 - 01:13
Lit.
Account deleted
Skeletonwitch are fun as hell live. Those dudes really know how to have a blast. They really stole the show at Peabody's when they played with Havok and Mutilation Rites, not to discredit the other bands of course. Me and the vocalist screamed at each other's faces like three times during their set. I met him and shook his hand afterwards. Really cool guys.
13.02.2013 - 21:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Guest on 13.02.2013 at 01:13

Skeletonwitch are fun as hell live. Those dudes really know how to have a blast. They really stole the show at Peabody's when they played with Havok and Mutilation Rites, not to discredit the other bands of course. Me and the vocalist screamed at each other's faces like three times during their set. I met him and shook his hand afterwards. Really cool guys.

So true so true, and its the kind of band you wanna see in small venues. Its so cool to have that personal feeling on a live set.
I like bands like that, they don't have that oversized ego and they know that music is fun. Anyways agree with Lit. there.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here