Metal Storm logo
Soilwork - Parts Ways With Guitarist Ola Frenning

Swedish metallers Soilwork have issued the following statement on their website:

Soilwork, who recently completed the Lamb Of God/Killswitch Engage U.S. tour in support of their new album "Sworn To A Great Divide", have decided to part ways with guitarist Ola Frenning.
It was felt that Ola resisted the demands of the road and found it difficult to come to terms with the amount of touring scheduled.

Sworn To A Great Divide is Soilwork's fastest seller and the live demand for the band is growing. They intend to play everywhere and fulfill the album's potential.

Vocalist Björn "Speed" Strid says: 'It was a very difficult decision to make because Ola has been our friend and bandmate for a very long time'.

The decision will not affect any of Soilwork's plans. Guitarist David Andersson will fill in on their upcoming Finnish/Baltic tour as well as the "Scum Of The Earth" U.S. tour with Throwdown. The band will then tour Australia, Japan and South-East Asia before returning to Europe for festivals and a headlining U.S. tour in the Fall.

Ola Frenning comments: "After 10 years, 7 albums and several world wide tours, we've realised that we have developed in different directions and have a different set of values, profession wise. The disagreements have reached their peak and it has become an untenable situation. The band's solution is that I part ways with them so that I won't be in the way for the future plans of Soilwork.
However, since I'm not gonna be on the road (at least for a while), I will now be able to continue with my songwriting and producing at another level. For further information, visit www.myspace.com/olafrenning. The page will be updated in the near future.
Cheers to ya all... And thanks for making these 10 years with the band memorable."

Source: soilwork.org
Band profile: Soilwork
Posted: 13.02.2008 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 122 users
13.02.2008 - 03:35
b0000mst1ck

10 bucks says he quit because he doesn't like the musical direction the band is heading.
13.02.2008 - 04:42
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
great, maybe now with a new guitarist they can become even more mainstream and awfull
----
Coldgrits
13.02.2008 - 04:48
HardSide

that last album was garbage, i honestly redownloaded it twice, then bought it at the store thinking that nobody had a good version of it, to my great and utter suprise, thats how the album actually is, horrible production, horrible music.

very disapointed with this band.
13.02.2008 - 07:22
everonn

"Sworn To A Great Divide is Soilwork's fastest seller and the live demand for the band is growing. They intend to play everywhere and fulfill the album's potential."
That's a LIE!!!

That album has no potential to fulfill...if there was any potential it should have been fulfilled already
13.02.2008 - 12:42
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Haha, I actually had Ola as a guitar teacher some years ago, and I hadn't heard Soilwork when I first met him so I asked him which genre they played - and he said "well, we used to play some kind of thrash I guess..."
And I said "and now you're mainstream?" And he went really angry but I guess he agrees with me now...
13.02.2008 - 14:14
Jeff
Freaky Admin
In such case in French we use to say "Ca sent le sapin" (it smells fir), you know the tree that we use to build basic coffin...

When you see how bad were their last releases... I think that this sentence is unfortunately not so wrong...
----
Come with us to Hellfest 2011!
13.02.2008 - 17:17
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Fuck. In just a few years they've lost to great guitarists. This is really bad. I don't think Sworn To A Great Divide is a bad album, it's a great album. It's more rough then Stabbing the Drama actually. Not that polished sound, and it's more thrashy then Stabbing the Drama. I'm glad I got to see them with Ola before he quit. But I'll hope they carry on as strong as ever.
13.02.2008 - 18:11
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Written by Jeff on 13.02.2008 at 14:14

In such case in French we use to say "Ca sent le sapin" (it smells fir), you know the tree that we use to build basic coffin...

When you see how bad were their last releases... I think that this sentence is unfortunately not so wrong...

"ça sent le sapin"
Dirk come back to play with french bands please, It's not too late
13.02.2008 - 21:17
kain686

fuck i see bad news for the great guitarist ola frenning and the great band fuck it's very bad for me fuck fuck fuck etc........
13.02.2008 - 23:24
Valaskjalf
Account deleted
HAAAHAAAHHH!! Just hilarious.....thats what happens when u inhibit musicians in ur band from playing to their full potential he obviously just got bored with all the commercial numetal crap they were heading to. Good move dude, thanks for rocking it out on "Chainheart Machine", "Predator's Portrait" and "Natural Born Chaos"....

Hits total: 4820 | This month: 4