Metal Storm logo
Kosovo - new country at Balkan

Original post

Posted by EddieGunner, 19.02.2008 - 00:21
Kosovo is main subject curently in whole world, they r independent country now, last one that become from ex yugoslavia
most of the EU accepted kosovo as new country, but some r again (russia, and serbia, maybe there some more)
so watts ur opinion about this

In my opinion EU and west countrys makin huge mistake with this, if they accept kosovo then they shoul give independence to Basks, cataluny, Scotland, North part of cyprus(turkish part) south osetia, chehcnya, etc.......
come i jsut wanna see your thought s
12.10.2011 - 13:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Post just removed for not being in english or providing an English translation.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

12.10.2011 - 16:26
Gothroman
Account deleted
I was wrote on Bosnian and Bosnian is similar to Serbian.Sophist will understand my language.But o.k...rules are rules.
12.10.2011 - 16:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I know HE can read it, but others, like me, and that's the entire point of the rule. Because we are an international webzine with loads of different nationalities on the forum.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.10.2011 - 23:22
ANGEL REAPER
All of the wars on Balkans didnt solved anything and just created a whole new shitload of problems left to be solved with another wars.
To Serbs Kosovo is Serbian land,but the fact is that is now a different state.end of story.I dont like that fact but today i think that we should left the solution to this problem left for another war.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
14.10.2011 - 01:32
ANGEL REAPER
Written by Bad English on 14.10.2011 at 01:27

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 13.10.2011 at 23:22

All of the wars on Balkans didnt solved anything and just created a whole new shitload of problems left to be solved with another wars.
To Serbs Kosovo is Serbian land,but the fact is that is now a different state.end of story.I dont like that fact but today i think that we should left the solution to this problem left for another war.

War wont sold any problem, any theritorial problem specely in Europe, and other lands, Kashmir is good example, how many years they fight
Kosovo is problem what shood nt be solved by war , undortunatly diplomacy also wont help....

that's the reason why i wrote that..it is an infernal circle: problem-war-problem-war...
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
15.10.2011 - 07:00
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I don't think Serbia "re-conquering" Kosovo will solve anything. Why would Serbians even want to take it back? it's full of Albanian people who despise Serbia, and the whole area is finally calming down, a situation not seen since who knows when. The tension would needlessly rise again if Serbia came back into control of Kosovo. And then, the usual fare as in the 90s: churches and villages burned to the ground, riots, bombings and mass slaughters of innocents who would then be thrown like animals in mass graves. If that is what the Serbian nationalists want, then they are the villains, not Kosovans.

I see my ethnic Hungarian co-national (and only other regular poster from around here) Damnated made a point about being Hungarian in Romania, and how it's hard to live as a minority. You have the government and mass-media brainwashing to thank for that.. it's easier to point out "the enemies of the people" than promoting relations between different ethnicities and religions. You can clearly see it everywhere: in France with Muslims, Gypsies and Romanians, in parts of the US with Mexicans, in Romania with Gypsies and Hungarians, in Serbia with Albanians, etc.

The bad thing is, somehow people think this problem cannot be solved and continue hating, because it's the only thing they know and the only thing that is socially acceptable when it comes to attitudes toward that particular ethnicity. You can only hate, because they are stealing our jobs, they are stealing our women, they are destroying our culture, they are the enemies of the people and must be ERASED FROM THE FACE OF THE PLANET THIS COUNTRY. That is every little bit as medieval and retarded as the stonings and beatings that occur in the Islamic middle-east. I remember my sister thought like that. She used to think that they (who?) need to give a country specially to Gypsies where they could kill and steal from each other at will, and when the attacks in September 11th went down, she said "good, they deserved it! I hope they get struck again!". Notice how this mirrors attitudes of grown men and women worldwide. She was 13 years old at that time, and it goes without saying that she has changed her attitude 180 degrees.

I'm gonna re-quote this sample conversation with a "typical Romanian patriot", I've yet to ask anyone about this but it will probably come down to something like:

Are you a Racist? No, I love Jews and Blacks!

What about Gypsies? KILL THEM ALL!
15.10.2011 - 13:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Bad English on 15.10.2011 at 12:37

Is Damnated alive
I think its mental problems inm ppl mind
When Rus stoll Latvian part Abrene after WWII its small part, after 1991 many ppl want it beck, but not me, russians live there, I even would give to Rus for free Latvia parts near border wher ethey speek Russian, I dont care about it so its ppl mental problem in mind,
such extreme nationalism dont works anymore in Europe and world, fuck sake we are in EU , many go globewide and live there

Just wonder any of serbs globe wide care about Kosovo who live in Ger, Ned whatever

Gorement and extremism criate extreme ppl , some use them to riots, when they do job they be eliminated by somebody .... its simpy mind problem IMO

They are tapping into the primordial component of the human mind which tends to reject and dislike anyone with a skin colour or culture different from yours. Back when people were living in tribes the ability to recognize your own kind and stick together with them made you decide if, upon seeing another human, you either treat him as a friend and go hunting together (if it was a member of your group) or kill him on the spot with the sharpest rock you can find (if he was a member of another), something which has proven necessary from an evolutionary point of view. In the 21st century when people have access to unprecedented levels of education and contact with other cultures, not only is this outdated, it's a baseless, toxic and fundamentally wrong point of view.
20.12.2011 - 22:25
doyle777
I will try to explain situation at Kosovo mostly by pictures, cause pictures are... Pictures. Everybody can understand them.
And some facts.

Region, now known as Kosovo, was part of Serbia since 12th century as a part of Serb principality of Rascia.
In the 1389 Battle of Kosovo, Ottoman forces defeated Serbian forces led by the Tsar Lazar Hrebeljanović. And so, from 1455 to 1912 Kosovo was part of the Ottoman Empire.
Serbia recaptured Kosovo in 1912 during the Balkan Wars between the Balkan League (Serbia, Montenegro, Greece, and Bulgaria) against the Ottoman Empire. Serbia lost control of the territory during both of the World Wars. During World War II, Kosovo (except the northern Serbian tip) was given to Albania, which was at that time a colony of Italy. Serbian control was re-established at the end of both wars.
In 1976 Kosovo & Metohija gived better life for Albanians than in Albania. Why, you ask? Cause Tito wanted Albania to join SFRY. But they never joined. Instead, development of autonomy was instilled by the growth of Albanian nationalism in the province and growing demands for more autonomy and independence, escalating in during the 1960s riots and in 1981.
The autonomy of Kosovo was drastically returned to the status predating 1963 in 1989 by the government of President Milo?ević. In response, the Albanian members of the Kosovo Assembly voted on 2 July 1990 to declare Kosovo an independent state, though this was only recognized by Albania.
In 1996, the Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA) began attacking Serbian security forces and civilians whom it regarded as "collaborators". The conflict between Serbian (Yugoslav) security forces and the KLA insurgents escalated until Kosovo was on the verge of all-out war by the end of 1998.
In January 1999, NATO warned that it would intervene militarily if Yugoslavia did not agree to the introduction of an international peacekeeping force and the establishment of a democratic government in Kosovo. Subsequent peace talks failed and from 24 March to 11 June 1999, NATO carried out an extensive bombing campaign against Serbia and Montenegro, including targets in Kosovo itself. The war ended with Milo?ević agreeing to allow peacekeepers into Kosovo and hand over its governance to the United Nations.
The war ended on 10 June 1999 with the Serbian and Yugoslav governments signing the Kumanovo agreement which agreed to transfer governance of the province to the United Nations.
And that's where it all started.

So, why did US of A choose Kosovo & Metohija as their new colony (yes - COLONY), here's a... picture :

And why else:

(How Americans control Russia)
Serbian population in 1999:

Estimated ethnic composition in Kosovo & Metohija now:

This is what Albanians (there is no nationality like Kosovars) want:

Ethnic clean Greater Albania (the term incorporates claims to Kosovo, and territories in southern Montenegro, northwestern Greece (Chameria), the western part of the Republic of Macedonia, and the Presevo Valley, Medveda, and Bujanovac in Serbia).
Terrorist groups that work/worked on this idea are: Kosovo Liberation Army (Kosovo & Metohija), Albanian National Army (Kosovo & Metohija, FYR of Macedonia), National Liberation Army (FYR of Macedonia), Liberation Army of Chameria (Greece), Liberation Army of Pre?evo, Medveđa and Bujanovac (Central Serbia).
What Americans want/have:

Colony districts:

Countries that recognized Kosovo as independent country:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s_PCFoh27EE/R8AzuViQYyI/AAAAAAAAC6Q/2H175mdrdhA/s400/KosovoBurning.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_s_PCFoh27EE/R7rrO1iQYXI/AAAAAAAAC2Q/UwVBmzUPixo/s400/MitrovicaChurchAttacked.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_s_PCFoh27EE/R7rsQViQYYI/AAAAAAAAC2Y/SZhS0U9bZKc/s400/MitrovicaChurchBurns.jpg

These pictures explain a lot of that, surely there were killed Albanians, there were killed Serbians, Romas, Croatians, but this territory is part of Serbia, legitimately under United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244. KLA "produced" war in 1999, and KLA members today take care of, so called, Kosovo government. Hashim Tachi, guy on picture with Tony Blair, is on Interpol wanted list, but he goes to meetings with George Bush & Co. That's ok, I guess, when Interpol is looking for you.

-some of information taken from Wikipedia
----
20.12.2011 - 22:33
vezzy
Stallmanite
That's the worst video game cutscene ever.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
20.12.2011 - 22:46
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Sophist on 12.10.2011 at 12:12

Kosovo is lost, it is a hellhole of atrocities (you're a massive idiot if you think just one side was responsible for that, both had a fair share) and criminal, but USA would rather have a cesspit that is loyal to it than a well established and peaceful region that isn't. Everything started when Tito decided to repopulate it with Albanians to send the picture or "brotherhood and union", but wouldn't give them equal opportunities (Albanians rarely held top positions), when Yugoslavia started to implode and wars broke out albanians wanted the same as well, and the west gladly helped them against Serbia. This isn't some movie-like situation where a few fight bravely for freedom against an evil tyrant, it's a way for the bigger powers to indirectly put loyal pawns where they need them.

Now no Serbian politician that wants votes even remotely mentions that Kosovo is lost, they want to give the picture that they are doing everything they can (maybe they are) to keep Kosovo in Serbia's hands, if they fail that it's very likely that paramilitary groups will go there and there will be even more blood spilled.

It's just a grim situation, and I don't think there is anything Serbia can do but try to avoid more violence.

Written by ANGEL REAPER on 13.10.2011 at 23:22

These two posts summed up a lot of my generation's sentiments on this issue, and also my own. I thank the posters.

So, yeah, interested foreign people: We all screwed some shit now and now people are payin'. The end.
----
7.0 means the album is good
20.12.2011 - 23:02
doyle777
Written by vezzy on 20.12.2011 at 22:33

That's the worst video game cutscene ever.

On what are you thinking?
----
20.12.2011 - 23:04
vezzy
Stallmanite
The Balkans are one clusterfuck after another anyway. It's fun.
----
20.12.2011 - 23:29
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by vezzy on 20.12.2011 at 23:04

Yeah, isn't it >.<
----
21.12.2011 - 00:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by vezzy on 20.12.2011 at 23:04

I'm pretty sure Romania and Bulgaria are miles ahead of the former Yugoslav countries so at least I'm thankful for that (there is still a long way to go, sure, but I'm pretty sure we would have much less opportunities right now). you can clearly see a huge difference between Ro and Bg on one hand and Serbia and Macedonia on the other.

It's easy to complain (for example what most Romanians complain about) about public transport being late or there being a bunch of stray dogs roaming the streets, when just a few years ago just 1000 kilometres from here people with the wrong religion or skin colour would be lynched and tortured. Pretty much everything Romanians complain about are "1st world problems" compared to what people in the former Yugoslavia have seen.
21.12.2011 - 01:17
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 21.12.2011 at 00:20

I'm pretty sure Romania and Bulgaria are miles ahead of the former Yugoslav countries so at least I'm thankful for that (there is still a long way to go, sure, but I'm pretty sure we would have much less opportunities right now). you can clearly see a huge difference between Ro and Bg on one hand and Serbia and Macedonia on the other.

It's easy to complain (for example what most Romanians complain about) about public transport being late or there being a bunch of stray dogs roaming the streets, when just a few years ago just 1000 kilometres from here people with the wrong religion or skin colour would be lynched and tortured. Pretty much everything Romanians complain about are "1st world problems" compared to what people in the former Yugoslavia have seen.

Well I don't think we've had it THAT bad in the previous ten years... we now mostly have IMPOSSIBRU levels of first world problems (corruption, bad economy, people corrupting our children with systematic destruction of any kind of culture in the media), save of Kosovo of course... I don't keep track, because news of people living so secludedly make me sad, but things are pretty shit down there.
----
21.12.2011 - 10:33
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Milena on 21.12.2011 at 01:17

Well I don't think we've had it THAT bad in the previous ten years... we now mostly have IMPOSSIBRU levels of first world problems (corruption, bad economy, people corrupting our children with systematic destruction of any kind of culture in the media), save of Kosovo of course... I don't keep track, because news of people living so secludedly make me sad, but things are pretty shit down there.

I'm not talking about those sorts of problems, I'm talking about the "a pidgeon pooped on my new jacket, it's the government's fault! fuck the government! ok now let's go and get wasted." attitude that so many Romanians subscribe to. Corruption is not at the same levels as before (though it's still a long time until it will disappear), same as general criminality, but complaining is still the national sport.
21.12.2011 - 10:38
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 21.12.2011 at 10:33

I'm not talking about those sorts of problems, I'm talking about the "a pidgeon pooped on my new jacket, it's the government's fault! fuck the government! ok now let's go and get wasted." attitude that so many Romanians subscribe to. Corruption is not at the same levels as before (though it's still a long time until it will disappear), same as general criminality, but complaining is still the national sport.

Then Serbian people and Romanian people indeed have a lot in common, except our complaining rates are higher due to the abundance of stuff to complain about
----
21.12.2011 - 14:17
vezzy
Stallmanite
Corruption won't disappear ever, anywhere. Not the Balkans, not the USA, nowhere. It's simply unavoidable.

I obviously wasn't born in the days of Yugoslavia and the USSR, but I've generally heard that despite the whole "living in a fake tyrannical reality" thing, it was much more peaceful and no one was really unemployed, because of the trade unions and all that. Then again, maybe it wasn't so much that it was peaceful, as much as that homicide wasn't reported. I don't know.

How's the situation at Macedonia anyway? I've heard they're doing better than BG.
----
21.12.2011 - 14:28
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by vezzy on 21.12.2011 at 14:17

How's the situation at Macedonia anyway? I've heard they're doing better than BG.

If you start judging other countries by what you "heard" then Bulgaria is probably worse than Somalia.
21.12.2011 - 14:46
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Valentin B on 21.12.2011 at 14:28

If you start judging other countries by what you "heard" then Bulgaria is probably worse than Somalia.

I doubt a lot of people know where Somalia even is.
----
21.12.2011 - 20:04
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by vezzy on 21.12.2011 at 14:46
I doubt a lot of people know where Somalia even is.

Isn't that the place where everyone's dying of starvation?

----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
24.04.2012 - 01:04
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
@doyle777
what Albanians want why u didn't post what Serbian wanted, a greater serbia map

so everybody wanted something some got it some didn't
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
24.04.2012 - 13:16
vezzy
Stallmanite
Balkan nationalism is always worth a laugh.
----
13.05.2012 - 17:40
Bulletdodger
Macedonia is gonna get loved tenderly just like Serbia soon ....
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
20.05.2012 - 01:04
doyle777
(FYR) Macedonia is next, after that probably Montenegro, after that... Who knows.

Written by EddieGunner on 24.04.2012 at 01:04

@doyle777
what Albanians want why u didn't post what Serbian wanted, a greater serbia map

so everybody wanted something some got it some didn't

Ok, now we're bringing hate, as I see.
War in Bosnia wasn't war for greater Serbia, it was caused by one half of people wanting independence, and one half wanted to stay in SFRY - and that's where it all got fucked up. SOME of the Serbian nationalist propagated idea of Greater Serbia, it's not the same if 90% of Albanian population want Greater Albania, and if 7-8% of Serbian population want Greater Serbia.
So it was war for independence/staying part of SFRY, and it was not caused by one nation, but by 2. As you know "Sky of love need 2 players", but sky of hate needs 2players, too.
War in Kosovo & Metohija was caused by years of terror of non-Albanian population (I'm not just talking about Serbs, there were also Romas, Bosniaks, Croats, Jews and, believe it or not, Chatolic Albanians) and by bad SFRY policy about Kosovo & Metohija, cause after the WW2 60000 Serbian families wanted to come back to their homes, instead of that they forbiden them to do so, and gave Albanians more rights than they had in Albania (their comunist ruller was very harsh and strict). Then Albanians came from Albania to Kosovo, cause in Kosovo they had freedom, in contrast to Albania, soon they wanted more, they didn't want to be equal, they wanted to be supreme - and all went wrong.

Let's see statistics:
Year Alb Srb Others
1455 1 % 98 % 1 % (according to Turkish cadastral list)
1871 32 % 64 % 4 %
1899 48 % 44 % 8 % (before WW1)
1921 66 % 26 % 8 % (after WW1)
1931 69 % ?? % ? %
1939 60 % 34 % 5 % (before WW2)
1948 68 % 27 % 5 % (after WW2)
1953 67 % 27 % 6 %
1961 67 % 27 % 6 %
1971 74 % 21 % 5 %
1981 77 % 15 % 8 %
1991 82 % 11 % 7 %
2002 88 % 7 % 5 %
2007 92 % 5 % 3 % (estimated)
2012 92 % 4 % 4 % (estimated)
"At 1.3% per year, ethnic Albanians in Kosovo have the fastest rate of growth in population in Europe.[163] Over an 82-year period (1921-2003) the population of Kosovo grew to 460% of its original size... In addition, in the same period, hundreds of thousands have left to settle in more prosperous Central Serbia or Western Europe. 60% of Kosovo's pre-1999 Serbian population resides in Serbia proper following the ethnic cleansing campaign in 1999. The population of Albanians in Kosovo increased by 300% in the same period - a rate of growth twenty-five times that of the Serbs in Kosovo."
----
06.06.2012 - 11:22
Andrew Steve
Macedonia is place/part in Greece where include city's like Thessaloniki, Thesalia, Thraki etc. !!!

The name you searching for is Skopje.
i know skopjans guys where they wonder why Skopje denying the Slavic history and wants to steal from other country's a slice of the pie like Greece, Serbia, Albania etc...!

The name of Skopje also was Vardar or Vardaska when was part of the Yugoslavia kingdom !!!

So don't be brainwashed about what they say now, history has been written.

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
-Alexander the Great-

With respect.
07.06.2012 - 02:09
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 06.06.2012 at 14:03

There is another orthodox countries who can be brothers like Armenia, Georgia etc

Because Serbia and Greece are close neighbours? While Armenia and Georgia are further away...

Isn't it completely natural to be on good terms with your neighbour? You know... like Russia and Finland...
07.06.2012 - 02:27
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Bad English on 07.06.2012 at 02:14

It is but same time Bulgaria and Albania also is naibors so ....

Bulgarians, Serbians and Greeks are all Orthodox Christians... Albanians are Muslims... weren't you already speaking bout religion anyway?

Also, Greeks, Macedonians and Serbs all have some pretty hard feelings when it comes to Albanians but I think you know about that as well...
07.06.2012 - 03:58
doyle777
Serbians and Greeks went through thick and thin together, some part of Greek people were once united with Serbian people in Serbian Empire (Stephen Uro? IV Du?an - Emperor of Serbs and Greeks - 14th century). Also, Bulgaria fought against Serbia and Greece in Second Balkan War (althought they fought with Serbia and Greece against Ottomans in First BW), and also in WWI and WWII Bulgaria was with Central/Axis Powers and fought against Serbia and Greece, and Greeks gave shelter to Serbian army in WWI.
Also, both countries are Orthodox Cristians countries.

I don't want to offend anyone, but Macedonians are mix of Serbs and Bulgarians, that territory was very often changing it's ruller, and it was mostly Serbia and Bulgaria who possessed that part of Balkans.
Today, Greeks are offended with name of this nation, and (as I understand) that's their only problem with Macedonians, nothing else.

Funny fact is that Skopje was capital of Serbian Empire, later Prizren became capital.

Althought there have been desputes between Serbia and Bulgaria, nowadays relations between two countries are very good, after all - we are Slavic brothers.
----
11.06.2012 - 18:24
doyle777
I have already said somewhere I will always love our brothers Croats, even though there are chimpanzees both in Croatia and in Serbia (for example politician Čeda, that is one sick NATO/USA-payed motherfucker ).
Serbia and Croatia - no matter what we are and will always be brothers.

Slavic blood
----