Metal Storm logo
Best In Flames Album

Original post

Posted by Sepulchre, 21.02.2008 - 05:17
In Flames has been my favorite band for years. I have heard every album at least 100 times, but one stands out above the rest. This album is The Jester Race. The Jester Race blew me away on the first listen like no album has been able to do since. I think The Jester Race is the best album (Whoracle is a close second place) and I'm curious to see what others think. So, what is the best In Flames album, in your opinion.

Poll

What is the best In Flames album?

The Jester Race
Clayman
Whoracle
Colony
Come Clarity
Lunar Strain
Reroute To Remain
Soundtrack To Your Escape

Total votes: 135
28.09.2008 - 22:33
Eddie.White
The Jester Race is great!, Clayman is good, Lunar Strain and Whorale Rules, but Come Clarity and Soundtrack To Your Escape are SH!T...
17.10.2008 - 17:18
Yossarian
My vote for the Jester Race, but I need to confess that I like Come Clarity. It a turn towards another style, but can not be compared to the ones made by Metallica or Theatre of Tragedy. In my opinion, the change is due to evolution, not "sellingoutness" -I enjoy creating words-
29.10.2008 - 04:37
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Whoracle. Its great and got me into more extreme metal
----
Coldgrits
17.12.2008 - 23:48
DawsonAwesome
Account deleted
I have to say that Soundtrack to your escape is the best... Its just so well done and produced!
18.12.2008 - 15:35
Ascendant187
Although I adore The Jester Race I voted for Colony. I seem to have more fun throwing that on and just going about my business. With The Jester Race I feel like it demands more attention when listening to it (which isn't a bad thing whatsoever).
18.12.2008 - 19:21
Luciferion
Jester Race is easily there best. Oddly enough though I really enjoy there new stuff too now, it took a few listens but now i think both come clarity and sense of purpose are actually decenet cd's.
----
Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is, and I am the wolf that hunts you.
18.12.2008 - 20:45
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Ascendant187 on 18.12.2008 at 15:35

Although I adore The Jester Race I voted for Colony. I seem to have more fun throwing that on and just going about my business. With The Jester Race I feel like it demands more attention when listening to it (which isn't a bad thing whatsoever).

It's funny that you said that. I had thought about it, it really is much more than other albums. And Whoracle too.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
19.12.2008 - 07:28
Ascendant187
Written by BloodTears on 18.12.2008 at 20:45

Written by Ascendant187 on 18.12.2008 at 15:35

It's funny that you said that. I had thought about it, it really is much more than other albums. And Whoracle too.

The Jester Race is much more than other albums or Colony?
19.12.2008 - 10:51
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
The Jester Race is much more demanding.
----

My Instagram
19.12.2008 - 13:44
Ascendant187
Written by BloodTears on 19.12.2008 at 10:51

That's what I thought you meant, I just wanted to make sure.

It definitely does. You need to listen to it carefully - and probably a few times over - in order to pick up on everything that's going on. I love those kind of albums though; where you wont actually take in everything upon the first few listens. Gives it real playability, I think. The Jester Race still stands the test of time as well - at least in my humble opinion.
19.12.2008 - 20:26
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Ascendant187 on 19.12.2008 at 13:44

It definitely does. You need to listen to it carefully - and probably a few times over - in order to pick up on everything that's going on. I love those kind of albums though; where you wont actually take in everything upon the first few listens. Gives it real playability, I think. The Jester Race still stands the test of time as well - at least in my humble opinion.

That's how prog band get us the songs are long, it needs a lot of listens!
----

My Instagram
19.12.2008 - 20:29
Ascendant187
Written by BloodTears on 19.12.2008 at 20:26

Lol, yeah. Into Eternity and Symphony X are prime examples of that.
19.12.2008 - 20:38
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by Ascendant187 on 19.12.2008 at 20:29

Two great bands. But I was thinking more about Dream Theater and Opeth. You really can't listen to an album less than 5 times to begin to grasp it.

Anyway, this about In Flames! lol Like I said plenty of times. The Jester Race and Whoracle are perfect albums.
----

My Instagram
19.12.2008 - 20:42
Ascendant187
Written by BloodTears on 19.12.2008 at 20:38

Written by Ascendant187 on 19.12.2008 at 20:29

Two great bands. But I was thinking more about Dream Theater and Opeth. You really can't listen to an album less than 5 times to begin to grasp it.

Anyway, this about In Flames! lol Like I said plenty of times. The Jester Race and Whoracle are perfect albums.

I don't know about Whoracle. I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with it, which I think is in part due to the fact it follows after The Jester Race. It's a very tough act to follow and, in my opinion, falls short. That's why I love Colony, I think. It's far away enough from The Jester Race and it's a completely different sound in many respects. When I first heard it that's the type of music I was really into at the time, and it was definitely atop the pile of bands that played in the same vein.
25.12.2008 - 11:29
LebRuins
Account deleted
The Jester Race for many reasons one of them is that it's the album that got me into metal with growling my second choice would most definitely be Colony
26.12.2008 - 06:06
Thrashard
First choice: The Jester Race. The holy pinnacle of In Flame's albums. Second Choice: Lunar Strain. I seem to be the only one that ever truly appreciates this album in my circle of metal head friends, and I think that In Flame's true Swedish melodic death nature shows most here.
27.12.2008 - 15:26
Njord
njord
Musically I think Jester's Race is the most curious album of the band, but my vote goes to Clayman. It was my first contact with In Flames and, like the people says, there's nothing like the first love
17.03.2009 - 11:08
In_tallica
Seems like there actually are some people with decent music taste left in the metal community!
It is a good thing that The Jester Race is by far the most apprecaited album on this forum. Perfect album from start to finnish. Best album ever made.
25.03.2009 - 17:54
Andresopeth
It was very hard to decide between The Jester Race and Whoracle, but at the end i voted for Whoracle not because i think it is better than The Jester Race, no, for me they are extremely good in equal proportions, i voted for that one bacause it was the first one i listen of them and it got me into In Flames which is a band that i love nowdays (event though their 3 latest albums :S)
26.05.2009 - 00:12
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
I think I prefer a period to an album. I think from Colony to Soundtrack to your escape the band was in its prime. Had to vote one album though, so I chose Reroute to Remain, simply because it is the one I've listened to the most, but Clayman and Soundtrack were close runners up.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
03.06.2009 - 22:33
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I won't vote as i have not heard colony till now but from what i've heard clayman is the best...
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
07.06.2009 - 20:12
The War Within
Account deleted
Clayman is the best IMO, but close followed by Colony & Whoracle
14.07.2010 - 22:55
VinciShredder
Written by Yossarian on 17.10.2008 at 17:18

My vote for the Jester Race, but I need to confess that I like Come Clarity. It a turn towards another style, but can not be compared to the ones made by Metallica or Theatre of Tragedy. In my opinion, the change is due to evolution, not "sellingoutness" -I enjoy creating words-

I like a sense of purpose and come clarity

I enjoy made up words too!

Toyetic- any vehicle or object from a cartoon that could easily be sold as a toy
I love Freakazoid!
----
When in despair on what to play on your guitar next, just shred the hell out of that bitch.
15.07.2010 - 05:18
Weaponz248
Clayman! Great songs and it included Only for the Weak. Classic i love the guitars in that song! Awesome. But to be honset all In Flames albums are great
02.09.2010 - 02:02
SODOM666
Though I love Jester Race i would have to say lunar strain just because it grew on me immensely and has some of my favorite in flames songs:banger:
----
Wendy's frostys are "black metal."