07. The Kidney Torned Off Together With A Vascular Leg
08. Cadaveric Blood
09. Sludge
10. Eaten Alive
11. Rigor Mortis
12. Obturative Ascaridiasis Intestinal Obsctruction
13. Macerated Fetus
14. What A Shit !

We have here one of the most entertaining bands I've ever heard in Goregrind history; I usually get overwhelmed by technical features and prodigious execution right?, not this time dear readers, Stickoxydal didn't shock me for being intricate or complex, they shocked me for their versatile songwriting capabilities; they are masters in writing pleasurable music in the form of Goregrind, the kind of music that will truly make you listen to the entire album over and over again just to have lots of fun. That's exactly the main objective of music isn't it?

Stickoxydal plays super-catchy Goregrind with multifaceted paces, kind of like Torsofuck meets early Gut if you know what I mean. The best thing about this band from Belarus is their tight breakdowns and passages; to illustrate my point I'll talk about the fourth track, "Autopsy", which is an orgy of chromatic variations and crazy bridges, the song starts with a mid-paced intro and some (really scary) growls, then after a couple of seconds (20 to be precise) the fest begins, you'll get fast as hell riffing at some parts, some catchy breakdowns and sharp pauses as well to finally close the track with another mid-paced passage, maybe I can't put into words the greatness of this track, so you'll have to hear it yourself to fully understand.

The fun part begins in the seventh song (and develops even more in the following tunes); I just wanted to point this out so when you'll (wisely) get this album you'll know when to expect the utter craziness, I won't say more things because I hate spoilers and I really don't want to spoil the surprise for you. This brings me to their lyrical content; I'll just say it's the usual Goregrind stuff, nothing more nothing less; if they impressed me with their music this much I was surely expecting greater lyrical content?but whatever, that's just me talking.

If anyone brings me an underground band that surprises me this much, that entertains me till the very end and that makes me laugh until I pee in my pants, I'll fucking laugh at you because I'm sure there's no Goregrind band in the whole world being as cool and as amusing as Stickoxydal, I mean, their drummer calls himself Snoopy for crying out loud. There is no chance for anyone to be catchier than this, I literally found myself repeating the beats all day long, not even Pustulated made me do such thing. I totally recommend this album to everybody, it doesn't even matter what genre you're into, this album is a must; believe me, you'll thank me someday for this review.

Highly Recommended

Best Tracks: "Macerated Fetus" (this song is different from the others, this one shows a complex band with layered structures while the whole album shows a bunch of metal-heads just having fun at what they do) "Autopsy", "Frequent Desires To Urination", "Eaten Alive".

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 8
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 13.06.2006

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 20 users
13.06.2006 - 21:11
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Despite it's sucky name, it is a good band. Heard some stuff, from their website.. was good.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
14.06.2006 - 04:14
danzig111
Account deleted
Where is Belarus anyways?
14.06.2006 - 04:33
Herzebeth

We all failed in geography dudes...anyway I searched in wikipedia and now I know Belarus is located in Eastern Europe and borders with Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, and Latvia
----
14.06.2006 - 14:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
I knew it. That's because in Dutch 'Belarus' is called: Wit-Rusland, which is translated as 'White-Russia'. I have no idea why we call it that way, but it was my guess it was close to Russia. The more I think of it, the more I find that name very weird.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
16.06.2006 - 11:51
Basso
Account deleted
AHhaahhaaah my favourite track is without doubt "07. The Kidney Torned Off Together With A Vascular Leg". Now that is brutal stuff
16.06.2006 - 17:12
Herzebeth

@Basso: yeaaah finally someone who understands the brutalness of this song... . The Kidney Torned Off Together With A Vascular Leg is one of the most fucked up songs ever...
----

Hits total: 3652 | This month: 10