Metal Storm logo
Watain vs. Dissection

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 23.02.2008 - 00:57
Since everyone's saying that Watain is the new Dissection, i figured i make this thread. and i don't see that big similarity between the two btw.

I vote for Watain because they are far superior to Dissection. the overall atmosphere of the music, the catchy, hellish riffs, the raspy satanic vocals. and the fact that they have a W in the name also adds big time.

Dissection is a good band too, but their name is bigger than their actual talent, and fail to entertain in a long run.

vote for couch if you don't have any idea about what's going on here.

Poll

So?

Dissection
Watain
couch

Total votes: 117
01.07.2008 - 00:08
-Soulreaper-

Had to go with Dissection because they are just an absolutely amazing band. Watain is good but I dont think they can hold a candle to Dissection's first 2 albums.
11.07.2008 - 11:56
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Voted for Dissection... Although I dont know Watain THAT much, they seem pale in comparison with Dissection. Guitars are good, but Dissection had way better drums and vocals IMO...
----
12.07.2008 - 00:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
i prefer Watain to Dissection, but voted couch. there are few things i like more than putting on some fairly mellow metallic-like substance (Neurosis "the Eye of Every Storm", the most recent Warning, etc) and taking a nice afternoon nap on my couch.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
03.09.2008 - 21:28
5.T.4.L.k.E.R

Voted for Dissection... i really don't know what to say, I love DISSECTION
----
...enter by the Mystical Gates of Reincarnation
27.03.2009 - 21:10
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I don't like Dissection and Watain is one of the best black metal bands
27.03.2009 - 21:34
-Soulreaper-

Written by Diabolos on 27.03.2009 at 21:10

Blasphemer!!!
27.03.2009 - 21:58
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by -Soulreaper- on 27.03.2009 at 21:34

Written by Diabolos on 27.03.2009 at 21:10

Blasphemer!!!

Hehe . Ok, my post was a little bit harsh, because I can listen to Dissection, but I'm missing something. And as i said, Watain is one of my favourite black metal bands and I'm listening to them quite often
28.03.2009 - 21:53
ForeverDarkWoods

Watain is very good, and if we were just judging both bands based on their orthodox material, then Watain beats Reinkaos (it's a whole different Dissection IMO). Taking account Dissection's earlier material though, Watain don't stand much of a chance. But IMO they're not even close to the same thing or even attempting the same thing if you make that comparison.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
29.03.2009 - 07:15
mortjoyeux

Watain.
I like Dissection but I'm not into the whole melodic black/death stuff all that much.
Watain is raw and the vocals rule, sworn to the dark is the best, also looks sxc as hell as a patch
08.04.2009 - 19:54
TheBigRossowski

Written by Lucifer123 on 08.04.2009 at 19:37

How someone can compare those bands? One is the best band ever (Dissection) and other is just normal band.
Maybe when compare Dimmu Borgir or Gorgorth then I understand.

Just a normal band?! We're gonna cut your dick off, Larry. You're killing your father, Larry. There have been far worse comparisons and you're coming from a clouded perspective here, uh, man.

This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass!
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
08.04.2009 - 21:12
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by TheBigRossowski on 08.04.2009 at 19:54

Just a normal band?! We're gonna cut your dick off, Larry. You're killing your father, Larry. There have been far worse comparisons and you're coming from a clouded perspective here, uh, man.

O man.. you're my hero
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
10.04.2009 - 15:25
TheBigRossowski

Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.04.2009 at 21:12

Written by TheBigRossowski on 08.04.2009 at 19:54

O man.. you're my hero

Far-out, man. The Metal Dude does receive a lot of fan mails....well, at least four or something like that. But seriously, how could you NOT compare them? As stated some where else in this thread, this is a really good topic.
----
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?
31.01.2010 - 04:10
In_tallica

Dissection stands as the worlds best band in my book, but watain is doing a good job as well.

Black metal forever!!!:dcool:
17.11.2011 - 05:22
siscanator

Dissection is both the better black metal band (when they played black metal) and the better band in general. While Reinkaos is hardly BM, it is still a great album with a melodic feel and awesome lyrics. Since Dissection only released two black metal albums, i compared those two with my two favorite watain albums and watain comes up short. I also doubt that the musicians in watain possess the flexibility to play a melodic album comparable caliber to Reinkaos. Hence, Dissection is (was, RIP Jon Nodtveidt) superior.
20.12.2011 - 21:23
Aristarchos

Dissection - all their albums are better than Watain.
16.12.2015 - 14:23
kezzapgurbuz

Even the fact that it is compared is a disgrace to dissection
15.04.2016 - 03:16
TPrice

I have to say Dissection. Watain is ok but nothing special. I love Dissection's first two albums though.
18.05.2016 - 02:30
Ganondox

Dissection, Watain tries way too hard., Dissection just does the thing.
23.05.2016 - 08:46
Metal Ninja

Easy battle victory for Dissection, because Watain is mostly just mediocre & definitely not in the same league! ..I even enjoyed Reinkaos which was said by many critics a poor final album. Also the atmosphere Dissection creates in their sound is beauty to my ears!