Metal Storm logo
Acoustic/ballad songs without distortion guitar recommendation

23.02.2008 - 11:47
FOOCK Nam

As you all know, mainly distortion guitar creates the sound of metal. But metal bands also produce songs without distortion, and use only acoustic guitar or maybe add more instruments such as violin or keyboard etc.. I would like to be recommended songs without distortion guitar, some I have found are:
Stratovarius - Forever
Blind Guardian - The Bard's song-In The Forest
Kamelot - On The Coldest Winter Night
Sonata Arctica - Shy
So recommend me songs like that and discuss about them.
23.02.2008 - 15:41
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hmmmm I had hear some but cant remeber but Extreme one sing was accustic ballad, soem Skid Row IMo I remember you like i sad I had hear a lot of but cant remeber
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
24.02.2008 - 01:26
Gegers
Account deleted
In a kind of 'atmospheric metal' I would recommend you Green Carnation - The acoustic Verses and Origin by Borknagar. Otherwise Acoustica by Scorpions is an amazing record!
24.02.2008 - 02:03
Warman
Erotic Stains
Wait for Sleep and Space-Dye Vest by Dream Theater are probably my favourites. So emotional I almost cry.
----
24.02.2008 - 06:52
Soliloquy

draconian- akherosia(this song has acoustic guitar and violin)
savatage- silk and steel(instrumental. kind of has a touch of classical guitar..but not really)
Circle II Circle- lost
Green Carnation- the entire 'the acoustic verses' album
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
24.02.2008 - 11:50
Storchillarn

@Soliloquy: Hell yes, Savatage and Circle II Circle are great!

To the creator of the thread I'd recommend Sleep by Savatage and some Bruce Dickinson stuff, like Acoustic Song and Tears of the Dragon. If you don't mind a small portion of distortion-guitars you should also check out Iced Earth's ballads because they are great too. Try out Ghost of Freedom, Watching Over Me, Melancholy (Holy Martyr) and A Question of Heaven.
24.02.2008 - 14:05
GT
Coffee!!
I would say Manticora - Beyond The Walls Of Sleep qualifies as a ballad without distortion and it's a bloody good song as well
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
24.02.2008 - 14:12
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
I would say 'My Own Darkness' from the band Dark Age (song taken from the self-titled album "Dark Age"). I love this song with only acoustic guitar and depressive singing .
24.02.2008 - 22:25
logan
Account deleted
Madness Caught Another victim from the album Recreation Day by Evergrey... great song in this style...
25.02.2008 - 05:43
Stigmatized
Try the "Likbør" cover by Weh. The song was originally performed by Windir.