Metal Storm logo
Godsmack

Original post

Posted by +{Jonas}+, 14.06.2006 - 02:05
Typical band topic. Post your comments about this great band from Boston, your fav. song, album, concerts, you know that kinda stuff. I love Godsmack, all of their songs.Though their sound is pretty much like 90's Metallica, they're a great band. I have all of their albums except for the new one, "IV" A couple weeks ago I ordered from Amazon their DVD Changes, it should be here in one week or so.
Anyway, I think they're a great band, with great drums (Not the best but good), full-of-hate lyrics and it's quite relaxing, specially "The Other Side" Ep
10.10.2007 - 23:51
Istyk
Account deleted
The first song i heard from Godsmack was I Stand alone . And from that minute i starte listening to Godsmack. My favorite songs are still I Stand alone, I fucking hate you and offcourse Awake. those three are very good songs , Their songs are so full of hate and anger that it makes me more selfconfident that i dont have to like everything in this world that its good to hate somethings... i dont know its not right but it makes me feel good. I bought the last album what they released but i didnt like it so much . The older albums are much better than the new ones i think.! Godsmack is a very good band !
14.10.2007 - 02:15
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 10.10.2007 at 23:51

The first song i heard from Godsmack was I Stand alone . And from that minute i starte listening to Godsmack.

Hehe same with me. I just think that they are too linear, all songs are alike so I get bored of them.
19.10.2007 - 04:54
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

The first song i heard from Godsmack was I Stand alone . And from that minute i starte listening to Godsmack. My favorite songs are still I Stand alone, I fucking hate you and offcourse Awake. those three are very good songs , Their songs are so full of hate and anger that it makes me more selfconfident that i dont have to like everything in this world that its good to hate somethings... i dont know its not right but it makes me feel good. I bought the last album what they released but i didnt like it so much . The older albums are much better than the new ones i think.! Godsmack is a very good band !

I liked "IV", it's a good album, IMO, they still sound Godsmack but not so metal but more Hard Rock, and they still have the amazing drumming that is characteristic to them, and there are some hate songs too. You're right about one thing. Godsmack makes you feel goods about hating some things... and some people too,
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
02.11.2007 - 22:05
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Well the first song I heard by them is Straight Out Of Line, which I really like. I love the heavy sound, although as Templar_Knight said, all their songs are more or less the same :/ Still, Godsmack are great.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
16.11.2007 - 13:02
Anomander
Account deleted
Disturbed is amazing, in my opinion. I reckon I'm a cross between true metal and hard rock. I like Awake and Stand alone, pure music.
17.11.2007 - 21:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 16.11.2007 at 13:02

Disturbed is amazing, in my opinion. I reckon I'm a cross between true metal and hard rock. I like Awake and Stand alone, pure music.

Disturbed is indeed amazing, but this is the forum for Godsmack...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

24.11.2007 - 22:17
enixtm

Today i heard Good Times, Bad Times wich i believe it's new song.. And if it is, it's a nice improvement on Sully's voice, and good solo, too...
----
How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh?
01.12.2007 - 17:05
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by enixtm on 24.11.2007 at 22:17

Today i heard Good Times, Bad Times wich i believe it's new song.. And if it is, it's a nice improvement on Sully's voice, and good solo, too...

Yeah, it's part of teh compiolation woith the same name that will be released on Dec. 4. The artwork kicks ass. Check their myspace, it's there in teh player. really good arrtwork. I have to get that compilation!
----

02.01.2008 - 03:12
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
By the way.... my new avatar is the artwork for teh compilation. Amazing pic isn't it?

<-----------------
----

09.01.2008 - 21:08
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Godmack was finally added!!!!! Yeeeeeeaaaahhhhh!!! We have to thank Nervel for this.
----

21.01.2008 - 20:08
Thrash del Sur

I don't like Godsmack at all! But I have to confess they' have real cool covers (sweat leaf and electric eye).
22.01.2008 - 05:47
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Thrash del Sur on 21.01.2008 at 20:08

I don't like Godsmack at all!

Why?
----

07.02.2008 - 17:08
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Happy birthday to Sully!
----

11.07.2008 - 09:38
Valentin B
Iconoclast

The first song i heard from Godsmack was I Stand alone . And from that minute i starte listening to Godsmack.

the opening riff from that song is so awesome, i've gotten so used to playing Prince of Persia Warrior Within that riff is immediately followed by something like: "Oh shit! gotta run!!" if you played PoP WW you know what i mean
23.07.2008 - 03:37
Lowelas OF FIRE
Account deleted
I only like "Voodoo" and some of their acoustic tracks.
20.08.2008 - 04:55
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
hated the last album.. prefer nu-metal over that kind of grunge they made... miss songs like ''Moonbaby'' ''Realign'' and ''Faceless''.
There really was a time of good quality on nu-metal realeases Godsmack, disturbed, Soad, drowning pool, slipknot... all releasing nice albuns at the same time... today they all suck..
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
09.06.2009 - 13:03
terrorist

Can't wait for the new album.They said it's going to be more heavy then the last album.They said also that there will be no ballads on this one.
----
Will the ones who live after our end
Worship the goddamn cross again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnlG0h7YN_8&feature=related
20.06.2011 - 20:59
JD
Account deleted
Written by Uirapuru on 20.08.2008 at 04:55

There really was a time of good quality on nu-metal realeases Godsmack, disturbed, Soad, drowning pool, slipknot... all releasing nice albuns at the same time... today they all suck..

I totally agree on that.
10.07.2011 - 18:00
Night Sight

Best songs in my opinion:

awake
i stand alone
keep away
changes
faceless
speak
----
Alone in birth
Alone in the darkness
Alone in death
Alone in the daylight
07.08.2011 - 17:32
FinnishSammich

I finally managed to find a Godsmack album here in Finland. It was "Faceless" and it only cost 10 euros. Pretty sweet album, planning to get more of them.
25.07.2012 - 17:47
artking01

Godsmack is awesome. The voice of Sully Erna is truly epic. It just sounds so bad-ass that makes them sound so tough.
----
Embarrass your competition
Buy Facebook Fans & Twitter Followers
www.FanAnimal.com
13.09.2012 - 21:53
Junkhead

Hey guys
listen to this new band from israel and share your thoughts !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpjNKCCsiP0
15.01.2013 - 14:27
Jtbmetal123

I grew up listening to them and I though they were awesome. "Releasing The Demons" is to me their best song. I think Godsmack is over rated now, but back then, they were awesome!
23.01.2013 - 02:24
stupid noob
Account deleted
How can you listen to a song like I Stand Alone and NOT feel like you can take on the world! God I love that song, every time I play it I just get so FREAKIN PUMPED! Just thinking about it gets my heart going. I think I'm going to listen to it now actually! It just never gets old.
29.03.2013 - 09:12
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
I listened to their first two albums, and the only song I can say I really liked was Awake. Other than that, I didn't find anything special about Godsmack.
----
29.03.2013 - 21:37
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Jaeryd on 29.03.2013 at 09:12

I listened to their first two albums, and the only song I can say I really liked was Awake. Other than that, I didn't find anything special about Godsmack.

But how long ago did you listen to them for the first time ever?

I listened to them when they came out back in the early 2000s, when Godsmack was still popular and relevant and I loved those songs back then and I still love them today for their nostalgic value, they bring back memories of good times and lots of fun I had a decade ago. But if I were to have just listened to them for the first time ever in the last couple years I too would agree that they aren't special and I probably wouldn't like them at all, which is exactly how I feel about Godsmack IV because it came out so long after I had already moved on from that style of music. In my experience, most of the people who like Godsmack (especially the first 3 albums) are us older crowd who listened to those albums back when they came out and when Godsmack were still a big deal (nowadays, nobody gives a shit about Godsmack ).
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

30.03.2013 - 04:47
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by psykometal on 29.03.2013 at 21:37

Written by Jaeryd on 29.03.2013 at 09:12

But how long ago did you listen to them for the first time ever?

I listened to them when they came out back in the early 2000s, when Godsmack was still popular and relevant and I loved those songs back then and I still love them today for their nostalgic value, they bring back memories of good times and lots of fun I had a decade ago. But if I were to have just listened to them for the first time ever in the last couple years I too would agree that they aren't special and I probably wouldn't like them at all, which is exactly how I feel about Godsmack IV because it came out so long after I had already moved on from that style of music. In my experience, most of the people who like Godsmack (especially the first 3 albums) are us older crowd who listened to those albums back when they came out and when Godsmack were still a big deal (nowadays, nobody gives a shit about Godsmack ).

I heard a few of their songs years ago, but never got around to listening to a full album until relatively recently. Even most of the songs I liked before were kinda annoying, except for "Awake", which is partially due to that nostalgia factor but partially due to the fact that it's actually a decent enough song.

I've had this same experience with other bands that I should be nostalgic for, like Disturbed or Korn. I used to love these bands, but listening to them nowadays usually gives me very little pleasure; even the nostalgia doesn't do much for me. Even System of a Down, which I still consider a pretty decent band to listen to even today, is still nowhere near as enjoyable as it used to be.

In other words, I'm sure I would've liked Godsmack years ago, but I wouldn't have considered them better than say, Disturbed or System of a Down. Still not particularly amazing even by those standards.
----