Metal Storm logo
Pain - Members Beaten Up, Gig Cancelled

Pain touring guitarist Marcus Jidell (Royal Hunt, House Of Shakira) has issued the following update on his official MySpace:

"We had to cancel the gig tonight in Leipzig while some crazy assholes kicked Peter (Tägtgren), Johan (Husgafvel) and David (Wallin) down when they where on their way home from a local bar yesterday. They just came from behind so there was nothing they could do. I was in the bus watching a movie so I am totally ok, besides the fact that we had to cancel. I feel really shitty to cancel but there was no way we could play today [23 Febr.]. I hope we will be able to be on stage tomorrow [24 Febr.] but I am not sure. But the guys are in a good mood and are working on recovering. Today we will sleep in a hotel and I'll try to make our heroes feel a little bit better."

Pain are currently on the road in Europe supporting Nightwish.

Drummer David Wallin has posted the following UPDATE:

"We arrived here (Leipzig) and three of us spent the evening of our day off at some local bars. When we had enough we walked out on the street to find a taxi back to the bus and three assholes decided to kick us down and hit me in the head with a wine bottle. Some guy who recognized us helped us in his car to a nearby hospital. Peter's got a really black eye and was given 10 stitches on his cheek. I have a concussion, eight stitches on the side of my head and glass in my hands. Johan has a broken nose and bruises all over. We're really sorry for canceling tonight's (February 23) show but it just wasn't possible. We're gonna do our best to get back in the saddle again and continue the tour without further interruption. Everything tastes better with blood in your mouth."

Source: blog.myspace.com
Band profile: Pain
Posted: 24.02.2008 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 33   Visited by: 266 users
20.11.2008 - 02:45
Metalbound7

Don't worry bros and sisters, to guys that hurts a Metal musician, Satan himself get a blazing trident up their asses.
05.03.2009 - 23:28
RocketKing

Painful shit happens sometimes but 10 stiches, broken nose, glass in hans etc that must hurt.
06.03.2009 - 05:21
tulkas
el parcero
LMAOF why didn't i see this before!!?? i almost fell from my chair! hahah
poor dudes! i just hope they tracked them down and beat them up, at least fans should've done that
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top

Hits total: 7829 | This month: 9