Metal Storm logo
Melechesh - Sign Deal With Nuclear Blast Records

Nuclear Blast is proud to announce the signing of Sumerian thrashing black metallers Melechesh (pronounced "mele-kesh")! After founding the band in Jerusalem back in 1993 the band managed to become the first metal outfit out of the middle east to draw mass attention from all over the world. Since releasing their break through album "Sphynx" in 2003 every headbanger out there has heard of this oriental blackish, thrashy force called Melechash (which by the way is Hebrew/Aramaic for "king of fire")! After their even more successful 2006 effort "Emissaries" it was time to move on businesswise - enter 2008 this unique and promosing band finally found its new home under the flag of Nuclear Blast! Welcome, brothers!

Here is what founder, guitarist/vocalist and mainman Ashmedi has to say about this great news:
"We are pleased to be cooperating with and being part of the Nuclear Blast dynasty. This was the logical step for us and Nuclear Blast has the platform from which we can keep on expanding and capturing the souls of many. With strong foundations towers can soar ever higher to reach newer cosmic plains.
I am working on new material at the moment, the writing process will still take some time, the process will be paused for the European Tour in March/April hence, talk of a new album will not yet be divulged but we will keep you updated!"

Source: melechesh.com
Band profile: Melechesh
Posted: 28.02.2008 by White Winter Sun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 40 users
28.02.2008 - 04:58
Metal Maiden
Megadead
Well, that certainly seems logical...About time NB realised the potential of Melechesh...though for me, apart from their first album, they play more of a blackened form of death...but no matter, they're still amazing...
28.02.2008 - 05:34
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Yes, if Emissaries was any indicator of the direction this band is headed, I'd say that this is a smart pick-up by Nuclear Blast.
28.02.2008 - 11:13
Stigma
Account deleted
A great deal indeed. Big hopes for their next album.
29.02.2008 - 00:26
Opium
Account deleted
Hooray, NB will exploit Melechesh for all they're worth...

Ah well, I hope they maintain at least a portion of the sound they're known for. Good luck to them and their future endeavours with this soppy label anyway
29.02.2008 - 04:42
tulkas
el parcero
excellent! as long as they keep up with what they have built thrughout their carrer, we can only expect for the best!
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top

Hits total: 2993 | This month: 7