Metal Storm logo
Dimmu Borgir - Preparing New Album

Dimmu Borgir are currently writing material for their next full-length. The group plans to enter Studio Fredman (The Haunted, Darkest Hour) in Gothenburg, Sweden with producer Fredrik Nordström this October to begin tracking the effort. Nuclear Blast Records will release the album sometime in early-2007.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Dimmu Borgir
Posted: 14.06.2006 by Thryce

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 58   Visited by: 11 users
15.06.2006 - 21:54
capofcof
Account deleted
Dimmu is good. PEM & DCA were awesome. I hope that the new one is good to.
15.06.2006 - 22:33
Zeleznk

it's probbably going to sound more like DCA. It could happen that it's going to sound more gothic then ever, but I don't care about the style as long as the album is good.
----
()...()
:0,,0:
15.06.2006 - 23:11
MetallicA

Written by Guest on 14.06.2006 at 23:14

You Dimmu-haters are so cool and necro! :O!!!!!!

Looking forward to the album.

no, they are kvlt as fvck!

I'm looking forward to it, too. I like PEM and DCA...their whole doscography is awesome! (I own it all on CD) I also like the stormblast re-recorded version...the production on it was alot better than the first one.
----

God's disciples want you to die!
In the blazing inferno
Slewed on Satan's pitchfork
Burning for eternity
Death
I see it coming your way
by my hand... or by your fate
with no remorse.
16.06.2006 - 01:13
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
@MetallicA: Isn't that what ruined the whole shit? I don't care but that is the opinion of most ppl.
16.06.2006 - 11:30
Basso
Account deleted
No the production is not what ruined it. It was the way they played all songs like they originally came from PEM album, in other words the atmospheric songs became, faster and more aggressive, and thus loosing their atmosphere and greatness. In conclusion it is like remastering a cd to make it more popish instead of leaving it as the great cd it once were
16.06.2006 - 13:23
Damnated
Churchburner
The thing was with new Stormblast was, that it lost the BM feeling. The first was so cold and dark with such a grim atmoshere, the instruments were so depressive sounding, it almost haunted. This re-release is so bright, the riffs are so shallow and almost ahppy sounding. It's like a Bom Jovi version.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
16.06.2006 - 21:16
Reinkaos
Account deleted
I can´t wait for their new album. NOW FOR THE ONES WHO DON´T LIKE DIMMU AND BANDS ALIKE: AT LEAST YHOU SHOULD SHOW SOME RESPECT. there are bands that i dont like, but i respect their choices and their musics.

Metal 4EVER:banger2:
16.06.2006 - 23:38
Major

It's a trend theese days among the metalheads to say that Dimmu is cheesy, and lame and stuff like this. If you want to be kvlt, you must say that you're favorite album is Ulver's Nattens Madrigal and that Dimmu sucks.

I'm really curious how this new album will sound. Will they return to their roots, or they will continue on DCA path?
17.06.2006 - 02:16
Hylia

Im kind of curious to see how this will turn out as well,Im not a big fan of Dimmu Borgir now but I used to be and hopefully this one wont be a disappointment like Death cult armageddon was.
18.06.2006 - 13:57
W-Lash
Metal Master
Hmmm. Will they make a world tour after that? i hope they will visit Latvia because Dimmu is one of my favourites.
20.06.2006 - 05:00
Princ_Of_Horror

If Dimmu Borgir ever come to Australia I would piss on that dickhead Shagrath..DCA is the biggest shit D.Borgir EVER PUT OUT!!
27.06.2006 - 16:15
Geesus
Account deleted
you guys don't know shit about music! all you pokemons listening to blackmetal & stuff just because it is cool or - let me say - grim and necro don't have any ideea of what dimmu borgir is. if they where so bad and "clowns" they weren't where they are today.
i can't say that they are the best, but yes i can asure you that they are in the league along with other bm bands. they aren't may favourite, but i often listen their songs, like i listen the ones from burzum, immortal and so on.can't you just listen to your growls without interfering???

their last album sounds good, but it won't be the same as the original: a masterpiece
27.06.2006 - 17:25
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Meh. Fuck, let anyone listen to what he likes. I'll try it, but don't have too much expectations..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.07.2006 - 20:56
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 15.06.2006 at 05:12

Woow,more crap!!
The last 3 albums of Dimmu Borgir is the biggest shit in history of black metal!!

I thought that Cradle Of Filth was the biggest shit in history of black metal well, at least you consider DB as black metal.
04.08.2006 - 08:27
RazorOfTheLight
Account deleted
You all are brainwashed by a category. You're no different from the preps who won't listen to metal and whatnot. Who cares if they aren't black metal, or if they lost the atmosphere of Enthrone Darkness Triumphant? They still play exceptionally good music. My musical philosophy is dynamics entwined with melody though... Always wanting to hear the best of every genre. Dimmu just happens to provide some promise for one of my hundred CDs on my wish list in the coming months.
Why can't people be more accepting more versatile rather than narrow-minded? Hell I listen to Divercia and Emperor is there something wrong with listening to those two bands? Most people who like black metal and whatnot would automatically say divercia is pop-metal or too upbeat, but screw them. Its F-ing music and it sounds good. Moreover, I listen to stuff much faster than Emperor too. Maybe it's because I smoke too much ? I'm tired of hearing everyone hating Dimmu because their slight popularity. So yeah, that's my rant?.
18.08.2006 - 04:39
Dark Snake
Account deleted
Whatever you Dimmu Borgir haters says, I look forward to the new album

Hail, Dimmu Borgir!
18.08.2006 - 06:44
Streetcleaner
Account deleted
"Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" was one of the best BM albums ever written, the last one was a disspointment... conclusion, don't know what the fuck to wait from this,
21.08.2006 - 13:14
W-Lash
Metal Master
Written by Guest on 18.08.2006 at 06:44

"Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" was one of the best BM albums ever written, the last one was a disspointment... conclusion, don't know what the fuck to wait from this,

I disagree. There was nothing so cool there (except Kings of the carnival creation - real masterpiece), previous albums were better.
24.08.2006 - 00:09
TheSlaughter
Account deleted
Written by Stone on 15.06.2006 at 14:54

Written by Princ_Of_Horror on 15.06.2006 at 05:12

Woow,more crap!!
The last 3 albums of Dimmu Borgir is the biggest shit in history of black metal!!

Sure? Just think about the whole Cradle of Filth discography.

What about Black Witchery? They are pure dog vomit... as with 90% of USBM. Besides, Dimmu isnt black metal anymore anyways... why cant they just pull a cradle of filth and say "we arent black metal."

As long as their new album has plenty of ICS Vortex, an Orchestra, and Shagrath impaled on a post, il be fine.
24.08.2006 - 06:18
Darth Satanious
Post Destroyer
These motherfucking bands releasing a motherfucking record after each motherfucking record without leaving one time to gather enough motherfucking money to buy their new motherfucking material. Dammit, I don't have all the motherfucking money in the motherfucking World. :@ Looking forward to it though (ignore the contradiction).
----
Christless
24.08.2006 - 20:46
DLMokoma
Account deleted
Categories categories categories... Pff... "This isn't black metal I cannot listen to it"... Double pff... What happened to the good old "music first", god damned.
24.08.2006 - 21:00
danzig111
Account deleted
*sigh* i bet it's gonna be even worse than DCA and even more clean, and even more cheesy.
17.09.2006 - 07:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I can't wait for this album, but I'm afraid it's going to be overproduced. Hopefully they will play with an orchestra again...
03.10.2006 - 11:08
butcher-bob
Account deleted
I would prefer if they went back to their old style like on Enthrone Darkness Triumphant. But i still enjoy their new albums.
05.10.2006 - 00:21
CreeperDeath

I hate people who say they don't like new album because they are commercial... This is so wannabe to me; Uh I like Real black metal... Dimmu is black whatever you think, and it always be, because they are great, they are symphonic, DCA is a master piece juste like For all tid. I'm sure if you guys who say you don't listen to commercial, you could hear their new album without knowing it's them, and you'll probably like it but you would say after that it is crap because its dimmu... Listening to music don't go with the style or the personnality of the member. If you like it, don't try to hide it. Listen with your ears and hearth, not your head

And by the way, you are not a great music listener if you only like old black metal... that is just wannabe
27.10.2006 - 23:46
Damnated
Churchburner
Norwegian symphonic black metal band Dimmu Borgir have entered Studio Fredman with producer Fredrik Nordström to begin recording their new album for an early 2007 release via Nuclear Blast Records.

Guitarist Silenoz issued the following statement:
"So, just to let you know, everything moves along nicely in the studio, perhaps a bit too well?? With past studio ghost experiences in mind, something is just bound to happen? I'm sure of it. Well, apart from being the typical pessimist, at least it didn't take us too long to get all the basic rhythm guitar tracks down and even better - it sounds awesome! A fat and razor-sharp tone, without compromise, hitting you right between the eyes! Proper equipment, Engl amps, ESP guitars and Seymour Duncan pickups make things hell of a lot easier, I say. Leads/solos and acoustic/clean guitars will be laid down later when everything else is ready. Bass and keys are up next. We expect it to sound nothing less than grandiose once this beast is finished. Oh, yeah, almost forgot, we have the album title as well, but we're not gonna announce it until the time is right!"

from http://www.lambgoat.com/news/view.aspx?id=7705
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
09.11.2006 - 21:29
RazorOfTheLight
Account deleted
Well said CreeperDeath!!! It is foolish to restrain your music listening to a particular genre or style. Music is art that is to be appriciated for more than a constrained concept of fitting into a certain social class. By the way... The better its produced the more soul and depth the music has... Why can't metal have a more dynamic sound than many dull counterparts?
20.11.2006 - 16:15
Sunioj

Im not into the whole troo or kvlt thing, but as far black metal, their last three releases werent good, theres a ton other BM thats much better, however I thought the orchestrated parts were really trippy IMO.

Hits total: 9677 | This month: 9