Metal Storm logo
Drum samplers

05.03.2008 - 20:22
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Hey

I just wanted some help from anyone who has used or has an experience with any drum samplers.

Could you guys give me a list of samplers you think is the best, mainly for metal oriented stuff.

I have heard of drum kit from hell and ezdrummer.

So if you guys could help me out i would really appreciate it, I'm just looking for a sampler which sounds good and is user friendly and not to complex.

thanks
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.03.2008 - 01:50
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Nevermind the original Drumkit From Hell, not that it's bad but it's not as easy to use as EZ Drummer. Drumkit From Hell 2 is not very good either, the samples are so-so, and the program hogs alot of memory making your whole computer sluggish.

The best I've found is ezdrummer and the ezx_dfh (ezdrummer drumkit from hell plug-in), it's all just a vst plug-in that you can use with alot of sequencer and DAW programs, such as Fruity Loops, Sonar, Acid and so on. If you have anymore questions feel free to ask.

I use to use ezx_dfh for all my tracks until I finally got a real drumkit, but here are some old tracks I've recorded using the ezx_dfh program. http://bitterdawn.metalhordes.com/
18.03.2008 - 06:34
-Valhalla-
I disagree, DFH 1 and 2 both rock. especially the double bass, thats hard to capture. If you have a good computer you have nothing to worry about.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
18.03.2008 - 17:38
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Written by -Valhalla- on 18.03.2008 at 06:34

I disagree, DFH 1 and 2 both rock. especially the double bass, thats hard to capture. If you have a good computer you have nothing to worry about.

I have tried DFH 2 but im not sure how to use it, so if you could help it would be nice

I tried ezdrummer wit the ezx extension and i liked it, nice sound and pretty simple to use.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
18.03.2008 - 21:19
-Valhalla-
Written by Spirit Molecule on 18.03.2008 at 17:38

Written by -Valhalla- on 18.03.2008 at 06:34

I have tried DFH 2 but im not sure how to use it, so if you could help it would be nice

I tried ezdrummer wit the ezx extension and i liked it, nice sound and pretty simple to use.

If you want something simple a neat program would be Acoustica Beatcraft. Even if you don't like the samples that come with it, you can load the DFH samples into it.
----
A decapitated head could remain conscious for up to 30 seconds after being removed, offering the victim a truly unique perspective on the world for those last few moments.
19.03.2008 - 13:52
Bitter Dawn
Ave Sathanas!
Valhalla: What did you use to utilize DFH? I have it on disc as though I would have bought it, but I've had issues getting any samples to work properly.

About DFH2, true about the computer thing. My computer is fairly decent, but I imagine the mere 1GB of ram is what's slowing me down, but I found the samples to be kind of bland, yet all the micing options and such are a perk of that program.