Metal Storm logo
'Most brutal' band ever.

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 08.03.2008 - 14:48
do not take this topic too seriously. i just want to know the most brutalest band in history. the following criteria are to be met:

-lowest gurgly vocals possible which border on 'brown noise' without any distortion/effects
-fastest drums beaten by a human being(not a machine)
-BASS????!?!!
-triple flat drop A 3 octaves all men play on twelve guitars, below the regular bass level used by a brutal death metal band
-albums that were three times played and re-recorded through an old cassette player buried for a month in a graveyard then splattered with blood from an aborted child

i've heard the bands Disgorge, Mortician and Berzerker are contenders.. what do you people think?
08.05.2012 - 22:43
Darkfiber
Written by @gent_-_orange on 21.05.2011 at 23:33

Written by Yasmine on 21.05.2011 at 23:10

American Idol is the most br00tal assault on my ears.

American Idol/ Pop Idol/ X factor etc.. Are insulting to real artists (not just in metal of course) who work their assess off for breadcrumbs and little recognition compared to the ridiculous amounts of money and praise these "artists" have. Pure manufactured crap that exists to make money.... no integrity behind it at all. I know a lot of people say that piracy is killing music but id say shitty reality TV karaoke that promote souless crap week in week out does a shitload of damage also in my opinion. I mean.... why work hard producing great music when half assing it and looking sexy while auto-tuning your voice to ridiculous extents is guaranteed to sell more... assault on the ears indeed forgive the ranting because I am slightly merry at the moment

Metal isn't about fame and fortune, kid. If you are in it for the money, you chose the wrong line of work.
08.05.2012 - 23:04
@gent_-_orange
Written by Darkfiber on 08.05.2012 at 22:43

Metal isn't about fame and fortune, kid. If you are in it for the money, you chose the wrong line of work.

When did I say it was? all is said was that band who genuinely work hard are brushed aside in favour of people who who half arse it through their "careers." I never said it applied exclusively to metal.
08.05.2012 - 23:13
Darkfiber
Written by @gent_-_orange on 08.05.2012 at 23:04

Written by Darkfiber on 08.05.2012 at 22:43

When did I say it was? all is said was that band who genuinely work hard are brushed aside in favour of people who who half arse it through their "careers." I never said it applied exclusively to metal.

Okay. If you are in the music industry for the money, you are in the long line of work. Better?
08.05.2012 - 23:18
@gent_-_orange
Written by Darkfiber on 08.05.2012 at 23:13

Okay. If you are in the music industry for the money, you are in the long line of work. Better?

Yeah I guess... It isn't fair was my point, and yeah life isn't fair etc etc we are all entitled to a drunken whine every now and then.
09.05.2012 - 00:02
Darkfiber
Written by @gent_-_orange on 08.05.2012 at 23:18

Written by Darkfiber on 08.05.2012 at 23:13

Yeah I guess... It isn't fair was my point, and yeah life isn't fair etc etc we are all entitled to a drunken whine every now and then.

Fairness should not be the issue. Music, much like any art form, is an expression of oneself (or collective expression of a group of people) based on their feelings, emotions and beliefs. Regardless of however many people bear witness to your art, or how much money they spend on it, does not make it any less valid. I do agree with you that those shows are a joke and sensationalize the media's emphasis on the importance of fame and fortune, but take solace in the fact that most of the people singing on these shows will never know what it's like to truly express themselves through music by rehashing a half-assed rendition of somebody else's work to a crowd of cheering idiots who just want to be seen on TV. The popularity rating of your favourite bands should have no impact on your enjoyment of the music, and most bands getting into the metal industry have already come to terms with the fact that they will be putting in a lot of hard work for very little payoff. They are doing it because they love it. I doubt many of them are concerned with popularity or what Simon Cowell has to say about them, nor should you be.
09.05.2012 - 00:52
@gent_-_orange
Written by Darkfiber on 09.05.2012 at 00:02

Fairness should not be the issue. Music, much like any art form, is an expression of oneself (or collective expression of a group of people) based on their feelings, emotions and beliefs. Regardless of however many people bear witness to your art, or how much money they spend on it, does not make it any less valid. I do agree with you that those shows are a joke and sensationalize the media's emphasis on the importance of fame and fortune, but take solace in the fact that most of the people singing on these shows will never know what it's like to truly express themselves through music by rehashing a half-assed rendition of somebody else's work to a crowd of cheering idiots who just want to be seen on TV. The popularity rating of your favourite bands should have no impact on your enjoyment of the music, and most bands getting into the metal industry have already come to terms with the fact that they will be putting in a lot of hard work for very little payoff. They are doing it because they love it. I doubt many of them are concerned with popularity or what Simon Cowell has to say about them, nor should you be.

Well said. That's a good way to put it. I hope you don't get the impression of me stewing over a bands lack of recognition or something along those lines when lisening to an album, I fully understand my own enjoyment of the music comes first.
11.05.2012 - 15:49
wuwt90
Just thought to add Portal to the list, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pKjF41Yx1k
As far as i know now, the only band that gives me a headache listening to.
11.05.2012 - 15:51
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
MOAR WATCHMAKER!

12.05.2012 - 00:35
Guib
Thrash Talker
Most br00tal band... ? definitely Edguy 8-D
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.05.2012 - 11:35
Met2Heav
Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth and Fleshgod Apocalypse
20.05.2012 - 15:40
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Guib on 12.05.2012 at 00:35

You kidding.....r-ight?

Much hyped internet attracted kids favorite website out here.
21.05.2012 - 02:26
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Met2Heav on 20.05.2012 at 11:35

Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth and Fleshgod Apocalypse

He said "brutal" not "brvtal."
21.05.2012 - 03:37
Nosurper
Stinky Lips
----
21.05.2012 - 03:39
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 11.05.2012 at 15:51

MOAR WATCHMAKER!

Holy hell that shits heavy.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.05.2012 - 05:36
KVLTH8TR
Account deleted
Yeah...because BRUTAL is sooooo cool...

Dumbasses....
21.05.2012 - 14:31
Lit.
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 21.05.2012 at 05:36

Yeah...because BRUTAL is sooooo cool...

Dumbasses....

Cooler than you.
30.05.2012 - 01:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 20.05.2012 at 15:40

Written by Guib on 12.05.2012 at 00:35

You kidding.....r-ight?

Much hyped internet attracted kids favorite website out here.

Do Y@ think /m Kidd-ing ? LOL of course dude...
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
03.06.2012 - 20:04
mes
Written by Guest on 11.05.2012 at 15:51

MOAR WATCHMAKER!

MY EARDRUMS WHAT JUST HAPPENED I DON'T UNDER
04.06.2012 - 05:46
Guib
Thrash Talker
Nah man br00tality itself would be Limp Bizkit, omg so br00tal dude.
----
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here