Metal Storm logo
'Most brutal' band ever.

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 08.03.2008 - 14:48
do not take this topic too seriously. i just want to know the most brutalest band in history. the following criteria are to be met:

-lowest gurgly vocals possible which border on 'brown noise' without any distortion/effects
-fastest drums beaten by a human being(not a machine)
-BASS????!?!!
-triple flat drop A 3 octaves all men play on twelve guitars, below the regular bass level used by a brutal death metal band
-albums that were three times played and re-recorded through an old cassette player buried for a month in a graveyard then splattered with blood from an aborted child

i've heard the bands Disgorge, Mortician and Berzerker are contenders.. what do you people think?
15.08.2010 - 11:53
Perseverance
Account deleted
Gore Insanity don't look them up you won't find them.
15.08.2010 - 12:59
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Guest on 15.08.2010 at 11:53

This Gore Insanity?
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.08.2010 - 13:10
Perseverance
Account deleted
Written by vezzy on 15.08.2010 at 12:59

Written by Guest on 15.08.2010 at 11:53

This Gore Insanity?

No it's my friends band, but congrats you found a Gore Insanity!
16.08.2010 - 00:02
ForeverDarkWoods

Written by vezzy on 28.07.2010 at 20:16

Nope, I'd say Repulsion are the fathers of gore

Carcass released Reek before Horrified came out though. Even if Repulsion formed earlier, there are no official releases from this time that I know of.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
16.08.2010 - 12:46
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 16.08.2010 at 00:02

Written by vezzy on 28.07.2010 at 20:16

Nope, I'd say Repulsion are the fathers of gore

Carcass released Reek before Horrified came out though. Even if Repulsion formed earlier, there are no official releases from this time that I know of.

Nope, Horrified was originally released as a demo in 1986 titled Slaughter of the Innocent. Reek of Putrefaction came in 1988.
Mantas predates them all though, releasing Death By Metal in 1984.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
22.08.2010 - 02:00
scrambles

I think the most brutal album i've ever heard is Apocalyptic Feasting, by Brain Drill. it's fucking intense...
----
Trying to touch the Brilliant Darkness
10.03.2011 - 18:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I'll just leave this here....

13.03.2011 - 02:05
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Devourment by far. Althouhgt not necearily in a good way. Their guitars are tuned down so low, that you can bearly make out any riffs out all. It sounds like a big wall of distorted guitars with a guy burping over it, which is just fucking boring. Of course, when you can make out the riffs, their pretty good... But yeah, most brutal band by far.
13.03.2011 - 02:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 02:05

Devourment by far. Althouhgt not necearily in a good way. Their guitars are tuned down so low, that you can bearly make out any riffs out all. It sounds like a big wall of distorted guitars with a guy burping over it, which is just fucking boring. Of course, when you can make out the riffs, their pretty good... But yeah, most brutal band by far.

Butcher the Weak is a fantastic album! I don't like any of their other releases really, but the songwriting on BTW is superb.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.03.2011 - 02:21
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 13.03.2011 at 02:13

Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 02:05

Butcher the Weak is a fantastic album! I don't like any of their other releases really, but the songwriting on BTW is superb.

I recall checking a few tracks out on that album, and finding it pretty damn good... Might need to revisit that album.
13.03.2011 - 02:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 13.03.2011 at 02:21

I recall checking a few tracks out on that album, and finding it pretty damn good... Might need to revisit that album.

Make sure it's the Brutal Bands re-release (goldish color cover as opposed to midnight blue). The original release (apparently not sanctioned by the band) features some of death metal's most abysmal production efforts. Bootleg quality really, which backs up the band's statement I suppose.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
13.03.2011 - 02:48
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Yeah, this is light years ahead of Molesting the Decapitated. The riffs are actually decipherable, they don't go into a slam every 10 seconds, yet its still obscenly brutal. As overrused as that term is, it describes this band perfectly.
13.03.2011 - 13:46
MIXHELL

22.03.2011 - 08:03
Yasmine

Intense Hammer Rage, lawl. Kidding, but really I don't think i'd want to hear which ever album it is.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
20.04.2011 - 10:01
*MetalSlave*

Disgorge (US) - cause i haven't checked out the Mexican one yet.
Devourment
Defeated Sanity
Spawn of Possession
Prostitute Disfigurement
Cerebral Bore
Indian bands: Gutslit, Narsil, Gorified to mention a few.
22.04.2011 - 02:54
Balthazine

My contender... And these little ladies are super brutal because, those vocals, come from a little Japanese chick (the one on the far right), shit's amazing. What could be more brutal then a bunch of cute and hot Japanese chicks playing kickass grindcore?

Same thing only live now (with poorer quality though which is why I posted the first)

Only bad thing though is now they have a gross white bald dude playing guitar.
http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Flagitious_Idiosyncrasy_in_the_Dilapidation/30341#
----
Sometimes in metal they have called me:
The Minneapolis Metal Music Examiner -I write articles on metal in the MN area for Examiner.com
The Metal Detector -A history of digging up old forgotten metal bands
Thrash Master -Famous for my Walls O' Thrash
22.04.2011 - 21:13
Oracle
Orcinus
Disfiguring The Goddess and Devourment are probably the most brutal bands I've heard so far...

EDIT: Oh and i mustn't forget Cephalotripsy
12.05.2011 - 12:13
HoboRobo

A lot of brutal bands I would say come from Colombia
Check out:
Mindly Rotten
Also the one man band, Ancient Necropsy

others:
Bowel Stew
Rebaelliun
RenChei
Katelepsy
Wormed
Vomit Remnants
Guttural Secrete
Defeated Sanity
Disgorge

You can check out Putrid Pile too, though I wouldn't say he (one man band) is as brutal as the ones mentioned above

There's alot more but I'm not going to name all the ones I know

This is a metal site and its pretty pathetic how there aren't many people who know what brutal means
Since when were bands like Spawn of Possession and Brain Drill considered Brutal?
12.05.2011 - 16:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by HoboRobo on 12.05.2011 at 12:13

This is a metal site and its pretty pathetic how there aren't many people who know what brutal means
Since when were bands like Spawn of Possession and Brain Drill considered Brutal?

They're considered brutal as they are technical. When you think "brutal", obviously you think "slam". Not everybody shares that opinion.
----
12.05.2011 - 16:33
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
And most of the bands he listed have already been mentioned, anyways

The new Putridity album leaked - more brutal than the previous one!
12.05.2011 - 16:43
JD
Account deleted
DPOS!!! are Br00tal\C0medy as F00k.
12.05.2011 - 18:55
HoboRobo

Written by Troy Killjoy on 12.05.2011 at 16:23

Written by HoboRobo on 12.05.2011 at 12:13

They're considered brutal as they are technical. When you think "brutal", obviously you think "slam". Not everybody shares that opinion.

Yeah, I guess I can see your argument. But how about bands that are technical and brutal at the same time like Defeated Sanity, Wormed, and Mindly Rotten? Just because a band is technical death metal does not mean they're brutal. I feel like when someone says brutal, there usually is a slam-like component to it
21.05.2011 - 23:08
StRicardo6

In Black Metal i can put Mayhem most Brutal band in the Genre.....
21.05.2011 - 23:10
Yasmine

American Idol is the most br00tal assault on my ears.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
21.05.2011 - 23:33
@gent_-_orange

Written by Yasmine on 21.05.2011 at 23:10

American Idol/ Pop Idol/ X factor etc.. Are insulting to real artists (not just in metal of course) who work their assess off for breadcrumbs and little recognition compared to the ridiculous amounts of money and praise these "artists" have. Pure manufactured crap that exists to make money.... no integrity behind it at all. I know a lot of people say that piracy is killing music but id say shitty reality TV karaoke that promote souless crap week in week out does a shitload of damage also in my opinion. I mean.... why work hard producing great music when half assing it and looking sexy while auto-tuning your voice to ridiculous extents is guaranteed to sell more... assault on the ears indeed forgive the ranting because I am slightly merry at the moment
21.05.2011 - 23:38
Yasmine

Written by @gent_-_orange on 21.05.2011 at 23:33

Written by Yasmine on 21.05.2011 at 23:10

American Idol/ Pop Idol/ X factor etc.. Are insulting to real artists (not just in metal of course) who work their assess off for breadcrumbs and little recognition compared to the ridiculous amounts of money and praise these "artists" have. Pure manufactured crap that exists to make money.... no integrity behind it at all. I know a lot of people say that piracy is killing music but id say shitty reality TV karaoke that promote souless crap week in week out does a shitload of damage also in my opinion. I mean.... why work hard producing great music when half assing it and looking sexy while auto-tuning your voice to ridiculous extents is guaranteed to sell more... assault on the ears indeed forgive the ranting because I am slightly merry at the moment

haha I am heading for a merry moment in a couple hours. lol

But absolutely, trained to sing classically, play jazz and classical guitar, and a bunch of bums making asses out of themselves.......get the deals. I prefer teaching though, so I can only bitch so much. lol
----
25.05.2011 - 07:21
GroundZero

Incredible, nobody mentioned "Deicide".
Well, I am going to do it:

Band: Deicide
Album: Legion

This is Death Metal old school.
25.05.2011 - 15:31
A.J Thunder

With Deicide mentioned i would go for their first album Deicide. Wich i see as an wery intense and brutal album.
03.05.2012 - 23:07
NinGangsta

Everyone seems to have a problem with Whitechapel, but I must say that they have been doing well since This Is Exile (The Somatic Defilement was a bit off, but not bad).

As far as the "most brutal" band goes, Cannibal Corpse would definitely take the trophy in lyrics.
04.05.2012 - 00:51
Savopipo

Just simply don't agree with your definition of brutal but by all means go ahead.
----
Check Tystnad out at http://tystnad.bandcamp.com