News

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 36 users
10.03.2008 - 21:29
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Fight me on 'tallica-day

This will be a nice day. 3rd time Metallica for me. Hopefully they play their Werchter/Lisbon 2007 set again. Also looking forward to Alter Bridge and Porcupine Tree of course. Will probably check out Incubus and Flogging Molly too.
----
Your favorite band sucks.
31.05.2008 - 13:24
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
First the good part: Metallica was a B-L-A-S-T. It was already the 3rd time I saw them, but definitely the best time so far, by far. Not only did we get an incredible setlist (just look how insane that setlist is!!!), but also a Metallica that was in great shape. Amazing, amazing, amazing. I'm still impressed (once again) by the powerful live machine that Metallica really is. People can say whatever the hell they want about Metallica, but live this band is just masterly. IMO you can only have an opinion about Metallica from the moment you saw them live. Only then you really see what kind of hard-working band Metallica is. And even if you don't like "those certain Metallica albums", they hardly play songs from those albums, and if they do, they only play the best songs. And NO they don't play any St. Anger stuff, thus so far for your childish bashing. Metallica live rules!; and I hold firmly to that belief, because I know what I'm talking about.

The not so good part: Pinkpop is one of the shittiest organized festivals I've ever been to. We also lost a lot of time before we even got to the actual festival site (agreed we only left in the afternoon, but still, it took us more than 3hours (the "normal" drive is about five quarters)). Traffic jams everywhere, hard time before finding a parking space, where they charged me ?10 for a so-called "secured parking" when there was a sign at the entrance saying "parking under own responsibility" : Total rip-off, but I didn't care anymore because I was too glad we finally got there. Then, almost half an hour walk to the festival site... Anyway, I ended up going to Pinkpop for Metallica only. But it was totally worth it. There were also a lot of problems when leaving the festival site (with those stairs and the non-brilliant bottleneck right before the exit).
Bottom line: we are so unbelievably spoiled with our well-organized Belgian festivals! I really don't know if you'll ever see me at Pinkpop again. Except Metallica is headlining of course

Metallica Setlist [Link]

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
The Four Horsemen
Bleeding Me
...And Justice For All
Devil's Dance
The Memory Remains
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Whiplash
Nothing Else Matters
Sad But True
One
Enter Sandman
- - - - -
Last Caress
So What
Seek And Destroy
----
01.06.2008 - 00:57
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by Thryce on 31.05.2008 at 13:24

Metallica Setlist [Link]

Creeping Death
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Ride The Lightning
The Four Horsemen
Bleeding Me
...And Justice For All
Devil's Dance
The Memory Remains
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Whiplash
Nothing Else Matters
Sad But True
One
Enter Sandman
- - - - -
Last Caress
So What
Seek And Destroy

Watching it on Dutch tv (Nederland 3) right now. There they started with Ride The Lightning, then The Memory Remains, then Fade to Black, and now a goddamn interview aarrggghhh, so I will post after the show what else they showed.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.06.2008 - 01:34
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Okay so the VPRO screwed it uo, showing they have no sense of music (and especially metal) whatsoever.

The programme consisted of the following:

General non-funny introduction plus assing aorund by the presenter,
Ride The Lightning
The Memory Remains
Fade To Black
interview with James
Nothing Else Matters
interview with James
James assing aorund behind the drums after the interview
One
Enter Sandman
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.06.2008 - 16:26
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.06.2008 at 01:34

Okay so the VPRO screwed it uo, showing they have no sense of music (and especially metal) whatsoever.

The Metallica footage is online too [Link]
----

Hits total: 6280 | This month: 6