Metal Storm logo
Catacombs

15.06.2006 - 20:35
Damnated
Churchburner
I finally got the album of this one man band, and itisamazingly creepy, it islike a soundtrack of a haunted house. The riffs are so heavy and the drums so monotonus, that the chill crawls down your back. The band is disbanded acording to D-M, wich is pretty bad, cuz the band has such a potential. Any fans?
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
16.06.2006 - 18:11
ylside
Staff
In The Depths of R'lyeh is a great album. I like the guitar sound in it, probably the only thing that kept me listening to the album until the end. I find it to be VERY Monotonous...I mean, funeral doom can't escape this but Catacombs falls into repetition, even if what I've heard what great, I can't appreciate the same thing over and over again.
Vocals are awesome. However I never found Catacombs creepy...Esoteric was much more, to me at least.

You tried Catacombs' EP "Echoes Through the Catacombs" ?
19.06.2006 - 01:06
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
Im pretty sure the band is still active however i have noticed that the band webpage has stopped working so..... maybe he has stopped the band.
Do the fans here prefer Catacombs over his previous band Heirophant?
22.06.2006 - 10:16
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by ylside on 16.06.2006 at 18:11

You tried Catacombs' EP "Echoes Through the Catacombs" ?

I could not find it.
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
22.06.2006 - 15:01
Sage
Account deleted
Any link? so i can listen to samples?
23.06.2006 - 14:03
Damnated
Churchburner
Their Official site featured some samples, but the site is not working ATM. Try later though.
----

23.06.2006 - 15:22
Sage
Account deleted
Written by Damnated on 23.06.2006 at 14:03

Their Official site featured some samples, but the site is not working ATM. Try later though.

I'll do this
02.09.2006 - 09:53
Crow_Princess
Somehow Catacombs sound like Esoteric for me... :
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
02.09.2006 - 10:12
Valar
IndianSteel
In The Depths of R'lyeh is Awesome, though bit repetitive i absolutely love this album. Recommended To Anyone Into Funeral Doom.

@ Damnated Yeah defn it sounds like a haunted house Creepy, Haunted Funeral Doom
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
04.09.2006 - 17:30
Dyscolia
Account deleted
I got into this band recently, and I like it. But i think Hierophant was better, so much more depressing.

In my opinion no band sounds like Esoteric, to me they are simply unique.: bow:
04.09.2006 - 18:55
Crow_Princess
Written by Guest on 04.09.2006 at 17:30

I got into this band recently, and I like it. But i think Hierophant was better, so much more depressing.

In my opinion no band sounds like Esoteric, to me they are simply unique.: bow:

Esoteric is definateley unique.. but still it is possible to find some similarities with other bands...
----
*I have made a decision... I will live until W-Lash allows me to die... :love:*
04.09.2006 - 20:11
Dyscolia
Account deleted
@ Crow Princess Can't argue with you here but if i was to compare Catacombs to another band, it would have to be Tyranny or maybe Mournful Congregation or maybe even Loss, but don't take my word for it.
04.09.2006 - 21:40
Götter
Elite
Written by Guest on 04.09.2006 at 20:11

@ Crow Princess Can't argue with you here but if i was to compare Catacombs to another band, it would have to be Tyranny or maybe Mournful Congregation or maybe even Loss, but don't take my word for it.

Actually, Catacombs is quite alike to common doom/death bands, despite its lovecraftean image and keyboard passages. They lack the sheer weight of Tyranny and the funereal atmosphere of Mournful Congregation. Heck, they're not even funeral doom unlike Hierophant.
04.09.2006 - 22:18
Dyscolia
Account deleted
I agree they are not as heavy as most funeral doom bands, but the funereal atmosphere is still present. Parallels can be drawn between Catacombs and Evoken, Evoken not really being a true funeral doom band, but still retaining the heaviness and depressivenss. Same can be said about Catacombs i think.
05.09.2006 - 17:37
Götter
Elite
I consider Catacombs to be in league with ultradoom bands like Thergothon and Evoken and not true funeral doom. Okay, Tyranny is partially in this category as well, but that's mostly due to their drone influences.
10.10.2006 - 12:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Great band one of newest band sin this gernre I hawnt ehar EP, but I know album ''In the Depths of R'lyeh'' and I shood agree whit Gotter and Crow Pricess thay say IMO too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.10.2006 - 22:03
Nokkkkkkkkkkkkk
Account deleted
Written by Götter on 04.09.2006 at 21:40

Actually, Catacombs is quite alike to common doom/death bands, despite its lovecraftean image and keyboard passages. They lack the sheer weight of Tyranny and the funereal atmosphere of Mournful Congregation. Heck, they're not even funeral doom unlike Hierophant.

Catacombs do not utilize keyboards.
15.10.2006 - 06:15
Southern Wind
Account deleted
mmm interesting, not much more than that.... I personally think that Hierophant beated the shit out of Catacombs, THAT was painful, raw Funeral Doom...
02.05.2007 - 13:08
solitude-prod
Hierophant "The Tome" re-released first time on CD (not CDR) format on Solitude Productions
Catacombs first EP re-release are in plans now!

Solitude Prod - Russian Doom Metal Label
http://solitude-prod.com
http://myspace.com/solitudeprod
----
https://solitude-prod.com - Solitude Productions - doom metal label
https://www.facebook.com/solitudeprod/ - Facebook
https://solitudeproductions.bandcamp.com/ - Bandcamp
https://bit.ly/solitudetube - YouTube channel