Metal Storm logo
Wolverine

17.05.2006 - 04:47
meTalcoholic

Yet another amazing Swedish prog band, Wolverine is still out to make a name for themselves. The Window Purpose made me fall in love with them, and Cold Light of Monday upheld the expectations that The Window Purpose had set for them in my opinion. 'His Cold Touch' makes me shiver every time I listen to it. Amazing band, great compositions, and god those clean vocals give me shivers.
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
17.05.2006 - 05:51
Nathan Lurker

Yes great band. I heard their EP "fervent dreams" and loved the song "whispers on the winds". They got quite a unique sound, having some..... what is it...death influences ? or doom ? whatever, I liked the growls they used in their earlier work. But Cold Light of Monday was good even if they stoped the growlings.
----

I came up from below when the she-wolf howled
and the night gave birth to her only child !Black Thunder!
I never knew no mercy I never knew no shame
I am hell in the storm clouds, the devil calls my name !Black Thunder!
17.05.2006 - 08:23
meTalcoholic

Written by Nathan Lurker on 17.05.2006 at 05:51

Yes great band. I heard their EP "fervent dreams" and loved the song "Winds whispers my name". They got quite a unique sound, having some..... what is it...death influences ? or doom ? whatever, I liked the growls they used in their earlier work. But Cold Light of Monday was good even if they stoped the growlings.

I've never heard that EP. My favorite piece is still The Window Purpose.
----

-ZEdarkangel (a.k.a. ZD/ZeeDee)

666, Number of the Beaaaaaast!!!!!!
17.05.2006 - 17:44
Nathan Lurker

well I definetly recommend that you listen to Fervent Dreams. There's good stuff in that Ep.
----

17.05.2006 - 18:10
Horlequism
Account deleted
This is one progressive metal band I haven't heard yet...actually, I heard one song and didn't really like it...I can't even find their stuff here anyway...
17.05.2006 - 18:16
Nathan Lurker

http://www.wolverine-overdose.com/

Check it out in the flash version down the page there's a media player with samples from two of their songs if you ever want to give it another listening. If you wanna buy you can always order it through internet since it can be found where you live. Or, there's always DC++.
----

20.05.2006 - 23:15
Daru Jericho

I saw this band live and they were great! I've heard most of 'COld Light Of Monday' and it's thouroughly enjoyable. My favourite song of thier's is 'New Best Friends'. Good emotional music. I hear they are releasing a new album this year and I look forward to hearing it. I'm also impressed that the drummer does growls and drums simultaneously. Good growls.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

06.08.2006 - 00:49
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I had hera EP or single ''Fervent Dream'' and I dunno I like it and same time dont like it, I think this band neve rbe in sunshine of Prog. metal, becaus ethay are low rated, and newer be better how Swedish brothers Pain Of Salvation, and Evergray, and probobly about yhem knows only fans of this genre, and thay arent popular in Sweden, etliest some freinds metheads here up dont know them.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
13.08.2006 - 19:32
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
This was a band I heard about several years ago. In fact, I was looking for Prog Metal Album covers, and I cam across them. I have never heard their music, but want to. Any albums you guys would suggest?
----
(space for rent)
24.08.2006 - 02:16
Nathan Lurker

Written by Dane Train on 13.08.2006 at 19:32

This was a band I heard about several years ago. In fact, I was looking for Prog Metal Album covers, and I cam across them. I have never heard their music, but want to. Any albums you guys would suggest?

I would suggest The Window Purpose. It has a bit of everything the band does. Then if you like the growlings, check out the Fervent Dreams EP, if you prefer clean vocals, try Cold Light of Monday wich is a softer release without growls.
----

14.08.2008 - 23:49
takewarning

Wolverine has been playing Euro shows for quite some time now, I would like to know when they're next DVD is coming.
18.08.2008 - 11:16
5.T.4.L.k.E.R

ummm i haven't listened to Wolverine, but im a huge X-Men Wolverine fan. and NO it is NOT gay
----
...enter by the Mystical Gates of Reincarnation