Metal Storm logo
Godiva

17.03.2008 - 07:03
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Godiva is a heavy metal band that bases itself out of Switzerland, and has recently released what I think is one of the most enjoyable CDs of the 2007 year. The band doesn't necessarily innovate, but instead plays everything I want in a killer heavy metal album: endlessly catchy hooks, riffs, and vocals that put me in an inspired, energetic mood. In short, and great disc to drive to!

I'm wondering what others think of the band, if they know of them? I did not find out about them until the disc was released in the US (January 2008) so unfortunately I was a few months behind the actual release. However, I've made copies for all my interested friends, and the reactions have been strongly enthusiastic! Fans of accessible 80s metal I think could be great candidates for Godiva

Their latest album is "Destruction," out on Mausoleum Records and their myspace page with samples can be found HERE!
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
17.03.2008 - 09:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Realy good I just chekck it out and it was awsome, realy I never know about band existence till saw this tread
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.03.2008 - 03:18
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
Written by Bad English on 17.03.2008 at 09:52

Realy good I just chekck it out and it was awsome, realy I never know about band existence till saw this tread

Oh hey that rocks that you liked the samples, K7! The band seems really excited about "Destruction" and I am more than happy to promote them anywhere I can! I hope some other people get a chance to check out Godiva... I'd say it's one of the 5 CDs I've listened to the most during the first 3 months of 2008. It's so hard to find endlessly satisfying CDs... there isn't a bad track on it
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley