Metal Storm logo
Salvador Dali

19.03.2008 - 03:14
Daniel
Please discuss this artist.

I am a great fan of his.

What do you think of his paintings/Illusions ?

----
In The Cold Winds of Nowhere
19.03.2008 - 20:42
tulkas
el parcero
dalí is actualy one of my few favorite artists out there. his paintings just amaze me a lot for their uniqueness and rareness. i don't know too much about art 'theory' and stuff like that, but i like the fact that within just one painting you can see various elements. for example the crucifixions he showed in several of his paintings and also up to two crucifixions on one painting, i saw on a tv show about him that they discussed if it was like a critic towards religon, or just his way of expressing his belifs, etc...
but anyway, i like them a lot, i wish i knew a bit more about art 'casue his aintings are really cool
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
20.03.2008 - 03:25
DorianGray
I have a copy of his elephant creatures on my wall ..
its incredible to look at in somewhat altered state

last week I have bought a book about the life of Dali
he was an interesting fellow
----
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. Resist it, and your soul grows sick with longing for the things it has forbidden to itself, with desire for what its monstrous laws have made monstrous and unlawful."
20.03.2008 - 08:21
tulkas
el parcero
now that you speak about his life, i heard once that he had some disease or misformation or something, and that because of this his dick was very small so he let his wife sleep with other guys and stuff. that a rumour or was it really true?
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
20.03.2008 - 13:29
Daniel
Written by tulkas on 20.03.2008 at 08:21

now that you speak about his life, i heard once that he had some disease or misformation or something, and that because of this his dick was very small so he let his wife sleep with other guys and stuff. that a rumour or was it really true?

Hahaha!

It'd be pretty funny if it was true.Maybe one of his paintings is called ' Sexual Frustration' hah!
----
20.03.2008 - 13:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
why does he have such an annoying obsession with his moustache? half of the works i've seen by him involve huge pointy moustaches...
26.03.2008 - 01:41
Wintermute
Written by Valentin B on 20.03.2008 at 13:59

why does he have such an annoying obsession with his moustache? half of the works i've seen by him involve huge pointy moustaches...

Moustache's are a way of life man! Let Dali have his small penis'd fun!
----
Life is a waste of time.... time is a waste of life.
28.03.2008 - 00:40
owl
Dalí's one of my top favourite artists. I have copies of these two paintings in my room for about 13 years, when I visited his museum in St. Petersburg (Florida) and I never get tired of looking at them.

His mind has always intrigued me, and his technical skills always amazed me.

@Cursed: worse than his obsession with his moustache is his obsession wih ants. Ever noticed there are always some ants around in his paintings? Well, in his mind they're a sexual reference... somehow.
----
28.03.2008 - 14:41
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by owl on 28.03.2008 at 00:40

@Cursed: worse than his obsession with his moustache is his obsession wih ants. Ever noticed there are always some ants around in his paintings? Well, in his mind they're a sexual reference... somehow.

what about elephants?
28.03.2008 - 16:46
owl
Elephants as a sexual reference? Geez, I hope not!
----
29.03.2008 - 01:40
Daniel
Haha
----
25.04.2008 - 17:34
MetalFäng
Account deleted
Dalis paintings are messed up, but i guess all surrealism is. Theres a weird burning giraffe in one of his paintings.
10.07.2008 - 23:57
Aphyoun
Account deleted
i know a certain fact about Dali he was schizophrenic
the most important work of his in my opinion is the temptation of saint anthony
11.07.2008 - 12:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
His probably my favorite Artist ever...
His paintengs are really deep and difficult to understand. That's way I like them so much
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
22.10.2008 - 06:59
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Salvador Dali is a G.
ALL of his paintings/illusions are surely drug induce, thereby attracting my attention to it.
definitely is one of my favorite artists regardless of genre.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
24.10.2008 - 19:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by LeChron James on 22.10.2008 at 06:59

Salvador Dali is a G.
ALL of his paintings/illusions are surely drug induce, thereby attracting my attention to it.

i'm imagining him with his silly mustache sipping some absinth, yelling "helluv hammurd!"
22.11.2008 - 04:14
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by Valentin B on 24.10.2008 at 19:02

Salvador Dali is a G.

i'm imagining him with his silly mustache sipping some absinth, yelling "helluv hammurd!"

my favorite quote of his "i dont take drugs. i AM drugs". and yeah, i can see him gettin hella hammer time with it. all he needed was some everclear and gatorade...
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
23.11.2008 - 14:30
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 22.11.2008 at 04:14

Salvador Dali is a G.

my favorite quote of his "i dont take drugs. i AM drugs". and yeah, i can see him gettin hella hammer time with it. all he needed was some everclear and gatorade...

My favorite Dali quote is:
"The difference between the crazy one and me... Is that he doesn't know that he is insane. But I know what I am. "

I love his works..
----
Rod, let me love you.
24.11.2008 - 02:48
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by X-Ray Rod on 23.11.2008 at 14:30

Written by LeChron James on 22.11.2008 at 04:14

Salvador Dali is a G.

My favorite Dali quote is:
"The difference between the crazy one and me... Is that he doesn't know that he is insane. But I know what I am. "

I love his works..

yeah man his paintings are CRAAAAAZY. he hella painted a mona lisa with his face on it as a self portrait

happy birthday btw, man.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

24.11.2008 - 11:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by LeChron James on 24.11.2008 at 02:48

yeah man his paintings are CRAAAAAZY. he hella painted a mona lisa with his face on it as a self portrait

happy birthday btw, man.

I didn't know about that painting, gonna see it.

Thanks btw
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.09.2009 - 18:15
Oh....
Dali is one of the founders of surrealism school
it was great
18.02.2010 - 22:02
Don Martin
le fu-
Great painter, I'll post a picture of me and a Dali wax sculpture at Madame Tussauds when I get home, this is my grandpa's computer
But I like people like Doré better, if you don't know him: he's (was) a 19th century etcher (a technique where you engrave on a copper plate, after the engraving the plate is laid in acid and after that ink is put on plate to print on a paper, I think ). On his etchings he pictured many satanic... shit. One of his works was used for the cover of Emperor's debut.

I've been ranting about Doré so much I forgot this was a Dalí thread, sorry...
----
What a tackastrophe!
28.03.2010 - 22:14
Symmachus
Salvador Dalí was an awesome artist. I learned via wikipedia that one of his earlist paintings was at age six, and it isn't bad for such an age. "Landscape Near Figueras" is what it is called.
28.03.2010 - 22:18
soadbyob
Account deleted
Has anyone seen the work he did with Alice Cooper?
30.07.2010 - 17:31
treptolemus
aphotic_zoning
My favorite is his "Christ of Saint John of the Cross". An amazing painting. He literally described religion with that masterpiece! Using surrealism as a weapon (his point of view maybe) to what is against the human logic. Cultural
----
\m/etalstor\m/
13.08.2010 - 00:36
Aegri Somnia
Account deleted
I've been to his museum in Figueres in Spain and was able to see a big part of his work. It was amazing to see all of it, especially because the building and everything inside was his design and his way of representing his art to people. The Cadillac in the entrance was the most memorable thing for me because it actually rains inside of it. All in all, I got the impression he was a very interesting guy with weird ideas and obsessions.
11.09.2010 - 23:27
RobertNowhere
I once read an entire book of interviews with him...i came away thinking he was one of the wisest men who ever lived, not as deranged as may have been commonly thought...but i could never understand his embrace of Catholicism or the monarchy and fascism...

but definitely one of the greatest painters ever...
----
http://robertnowhere.blogspot.com
12.07.2011 - 14:33
Behdaad
DEAD
I don't know whether it's okay or not. (If not, one of moderators can delete my post.)
Just uploaded a slideshow of some Dali's works.
Simply amazing...

http://www.mediafire.com/?49y2qbz8t7n1m4o
----
As tyranny becomes normality;
We hang at the end of the rope.
22.10.2013 - 14:48
Putting some life in this thread again

Yeah, he has to be my favourite as well, love his paintings and wished I had some of it on my walls.
----
"Everything will be ok
I'll just sit down and watch some bullshit"
-Acrania